Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Morocco v2

LAVENDER, similar to TKO but a softer scent, just lighter in feel and potency overall - and not remotely like the released version, not at ALL that I could tell in any way from sniffing the bottle. I seriously though it had gotten confused...so I wonder if the bottles I bought will vary from the tester.

EDIT! : So, the above notes were from what I smelled in the test bottle. Now that I've smelled the actual bottles I received, they smel quitedifferent from that tester, as follows.

The Morocco proto is noticeably but not dramatically different in scent but similar in feel to the released version, and has a lot of complexity - it seems more complex, or maybe less well-blended, than the GC. The tester bottle was minty lavender, but all the actual bottles I got are spices and warm amber and exotic woods and have only a mild bit of the TKO lavender note - and others observed this discrepancy as well so I think it was a mislabeled tester bottle.

I haven't skin tested , but in the bottle it's like Morocco with a bit of Lamia v3 (same cardamom note) and a teensy bit of Glowing Vulva thrown in (maybe some teak?), a quite significantly present TKO-lavender note, and then a lot of L'Estate-like amber (golden?) with a fair bit of powdery edge to it. It is a strong scent, like the GC, but perhaps even more potent. It isn't quite as creamy or as sweet as the GC (though it does have some of those aspects), but that could be due to the stronger spice, lavender and amber notes, and again, I have yet to test on my skin.

Edited by fairnymph

I skin tested Morocco v2 after I made my purchase since it sold out before my number. This was all TKO to me. I sniffed what it smelled like on another BPALer and it was spicy, more like the released Morocco, but on me it was just TKO - how odd!

I agree - this smells and feels very much like TKO. Instead of carnation, you have the same lavender note as in TKO, creamy vanilla and amber, and a hint of cardamom. It's like TKO went out on a night dancing, instead of sleeping in.

AKA TKO goes WHAM! Wake me up before you go go...

Yup, this is TKO with edge. There's the same lavender here, with a hint of cardamom, and vanilla and amber. I like it!

This smells like a softer, less sugary TKO with a bit of Morocco (mostly the spices). I get fluffy, sweet vanilla and lavender, soft spices, a bit of musk and amber. To me, this is more of a complex, better for daytime use, version of TKO. :wub2:

This is gorgeous!!! To me it smells very similar to the Lush Twilight bath bomb and I LOVE that scent. It is a gorgeous lavender with amber(which is smelling more like tonka on me), vanilla, and a hint of spice. This one holds close to my skin and is absolutely stunning! I agree with everyone that mentioned TKO, similar, but lovely in it's own unique way! :wub2:

This is like TKO without the marshmallow. I'm not a fan of the Lab's lavender note. It's very sharp and unwearable for me because it reminds me of diapers. I think this would be lovely w/o lavender, because what's underneath is a lightly spiced creamy amber vanilla.

Edited by Shollin

Origin:

Tester from Scrappy. :wub2:

Preconceived notions:

I'm not a fan of the released version of Morocco. I'm not a fan of carnation and it tends to ruin blends for me, otherwise I think that Morocco and I could be friends. I hadn't read the reviews of v2 before trying this, so I went into it expecting something roughly similar, sort of a spicy, musky floral blend.

First sniff:

My first impression on sniffing this in the imp is that it smells like TKO but with amber added, which is totally unexpected (I notice, reading reviews now, that other people have noticed the same similarity, so I guess it's not just me). I get lavender, amber and vanilla in more or less equal proportions.

Wet on skin:

This is really pretty. If you took TKO and added smooth, sweet amber (it reminds me of the amber in Mouse's Long and Sad Tale once it's had a long time to age and mellow), it would smell very much like Morocco v2.

Dry down:

If TKO is the quintessential little girl's fantasy scent (all pale purple, marshmallow-vanilla sugar), then Morocco v2 is that little girl all grown up. The amber tempers the intense fluffiness of the lavender and vanilla and the marshmallow vibe that's so prominent in TKO is missing, but it's still a very comfortable, inviting sort of scent. The kind of perfume that you want to wrap around yourself like a cozy blanket.

The bottom line:

I wasn't expecting anything even remotely like this based on the released version of Morocco, but I love this. I'm a fan of TKO and of resins, so a scent that combines the fluffy loveliness of TKO with sweet, rich amber makes me happy. :heart:

Damn gorgeous.

Beautiful smooth lavendar (I don't say that about lavendar often, so when I do, I mean it) with creamy, deep amber that just glows. This is my favorite amber as it doesn't go powdery and is deep and resinous. There may be a bit of teak in here but I think that may be the effect of the amber/vanilla/musk combining. Evocative, exotic, damn gorgeous.

I try not to read previous reviews of the prototype blends before doing my own, because I can be influenced by what other people say! But even before I came to this thread, my first thoughts upon applying Morocco v2 was "this smells like TKO!"

And yes.. it does smell like TKO. But where TKO is all fluffy clouds of lavender marshmallow softness, Morocco v2 is lavender sitting under a top layer of an amber-like creamy glow, with a dry muskiness. Maybe it's black amber, I dunno. There's also a slight spice element - it doesn't smell spicy as such, it just has a kind of spicy tone about it. And there might be a hint of vanilla here - it's a bit hard to tell. There's a top note that I've smelled before, I know it.. but I just can't place it! I hate when that happens :rantrave: but I'm picking up a slightly camphoric, balsam-like edge when I take a really big deep sniff.

The longer it stays on my skin, the less it reminds me of TKO - the initial lavender aroma fades in the dry-down quite a lot and eventually Morocco v2 becomes a creamy, softly spicy scent with a nice complexity. It's one of those BPALs that you want to keep huffing on your arm, because it's just that nice.

BIG hugs and thanks to the very lovely mimers99 for generously frimping me a decant of this one :wub:

I have to agree with everyone who said that Morocco v2 smells a lot like TKO. TKO is pretty strong and intense on me anyhow, and this is even heavier and stronger - tons of sugary, vanilla-y sweetness and creamy, herbal lavender with a weird little edge (sour jasmine that dries down a lot like LUSH's Vanillary scent?). My husband said that it smells "heavy and sort of musty."

Sometimes this seems a bit too sweet/cloying for me, but I do like it more the longer it sits on my skin, as it starts to smell more like LUSH's Vanillary (sort of creamy, yellowy, vanilla-floral powder). I'd have to be in the mood for a very sweet, strong fragrance to wear this, but I can see myself reaching for this every once in a while.

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! I have to echo everyone else here. This is a grown up TKO. Herbal lavender is surrounded by amber, creamy vanilla and something spicy. Obviously I want to say carnations, but for some reason, it doesn't smell like carnations. This beautiful and I will treasure my bottle. This is one of those proto's that I wish was released in the GC forever! :wub2:

This, on first sniff, actually reminds me a bit of TKO. Similar vanilla feel with possibly a hint of lavender. There is a tiny bit of spiciness and a slight sourness too.

I think I am going to stick with my TKO. This is nice, but I definitely like TKO better!

This is the only time I have found lavender to be exotic. It is soft and warm, from wet to dry drown. It stays close to your skin and lasted about three hours till I had to reapply, which I did because I feel cosy and in need of some tea. I like it more than the released version and now may have to try TKO since I hear it is similar.

Wet: Yep, that's lavender alright. Mmm. This is actually what I wish TKO smelled like on me (TKO is WEIRD on me). This is sugary, creamy vanilla/lavender. I love it. Damn, cuz I am never going to find more....

Dry: The lavender mostly disappears, leaving me with the most amazing vanilla sugar scent. It's so good. I hope one day to find more of this!

I was lucky enough to procure two imps of these in two different lovely packages :wub3: I don't think this smells like Morocco, it is more TKO -like. Although strong at first with the lavender, it fades pretty quickly. This is what I wanted Good Morning London to smell like. I ends up being a soft, vanilla lavender with a warmth about it. No marshmallow, but like other reviewers noted, amber and a touch of Morocco spices. Im going to hunt down more of this, I absolutely love it. I can see why this one didn't make it to be the final released version of Morocco, it is too lavender heavy, nothing like the city should smell like.