Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fairnymph

CD: Misfortune Teller v3

ITI: It smells like red musk, vanilla, plum, and something that reads as very dark to my nose. I don't pick up the other fruits of the released Mmn. Moriarty version, though.

Wet: There's lots of vanilla here along with red and maybe even brown musk. I can pick up the plum and there is a faint very patchouli note in here, but it seems to be lost under the vanilla, plum, and musk.

Dry: As it begins to try, it smells like there might even be a wood note in here, although that may due to the patchouli. There's something that is vaguely like camphor mingled with the spicy plum and vanilla. The more it settles, the spicier it becomes. This is what I imagine the worms on Dune smell like, and it's delicious.

This bottle is one I've owned for three years now. It's taken me until the past couple of wearing to completely enjoy it. I'm not very good with the exact notes, but I am mainly getting vanilla, plum, and patchouli. I know there is red musk, but don't smell it prominently on me, though the oil is the color that red musk has on my skin. The vanilla is the same one that is in snake oil, I think. The three years have made this a much smoother bottle than the one I remember from the first use. The plum is a floral type of plum, not the dripping juicy fruit that it was in the past. It doesn't morph on me very much, but it does have a strong throw.