Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Byron v7

Pleasantly light, soft blend of florals and possibly greenery - a botanical/outdoorsy, classic, inoffensive type of scent. I'm really excited that we might be getting a Byron scent at some point!

Skin test reveals:

LILAC and a sweet floral that has a fruity tone, such as freesia or hyacinth over fresh cut grass and a little sandalwood. Later I feel like a bit violet comes out and this goes a touch powdery, as well as growing increasingly sweet in a vanilla-ish way -maybe vanilla musk, or honey musk? Creamy and sweet and rather innocent in feel. A light, classic, softly feminine scent that's very well balanced.

Edited by fairnymph

I had a special request to review this one for the person I'm sending it to, so here it goes!

From the bottle I do detect a light floral. Not Jasmine or Gardenia which usually cause me to gag upon initial sniff. It's one I can stomach enough to dab just a bit on my skin. My guess would be Hyacinth (not being a perfume-floral person, I only have the actual flower scent to go off of). Hyacinth reminds me a lot of Pikake too, so maybe it's that... My problem with florals is that I LOVE the smell of flowers, but in a perfume it just doesn't translate well enough to my nose or on my skin to want to wear it. This one is not your run-of-the-mill floral package, but more exotic/tropic. I suspect there could be something like a sweet sandalwood or amber that tempers the floral note just a bit. This wouldn't be a scent I'd get for myself, but it was overall a pleasant experience :)

I think there's lilac, hyacinth and something warm. Either vanilla or honey musk. On wet, its floral but as it dries it is very creamy, sweet and with a warm musk base. Hmmm, much more enjoyable than I originally anticipated.

Floral in the bottle and wet on my skin, but I know there is lilac in there because I get a really odd reaction to it. Had the odd tang of the lilac for a while before the other florals regained control with the help of a vanilla musk. Overall, it's a lovely scent with a very nice throw once the lilac morphs out.

Byron v7 smells like sweet lilacs and soap to me, like lilac scented laundry detergent. There's something a bit funky in the drydown as well that makes me think of rest area bathrooms. Not so good, and I usually love bpal's lilac blends.

Swapped with a forumite, had it on my wishlist based on the limited reviews because I love BPAL lilac. Tested from an imp decanted from the bottle.

IN THE IMP: Definitely floral but oddly not getting the lilac here. Smells suspiciously like old lady florals.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Clearly my body chemistry is on the fritz because unlike everyone else in this thread, I got ZERO lilac from this, nor did I get hyacinth (I love hyacinth as well). For me, it's, for lack of a better word, a "fruity floral." Sweet and powdery but not really like flowers, more like "generic department store floral perfume." I can't ID the flowers per se but I recognize them from other BPAL floral blends that don't work for me either. I'm admittedly picky about my flowers and none of the ones I pick seem to be here.

DRYDOWN: Yup. Plasticy department store scent on me. Not one iota of lilac. Not a wash off but not pleasant for me.

OVERALL: I'm glad I got to try something new but now begone to the swap pile where someone who likes florals more than I do will probably love it.

On a scale of 1-5, a 2.