Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Venneh

Great Grey Witch

Orris root, Roman chamomile, white sugar, ambergris accord, and cimarrón.

ITB: It's dusky, lightly floral slightly woodsy, and a little dark from the ambergris. The chamomile adds a nice sweetness to the duskiness of the orris root.

Wet: It's a bit more sweet from the sugar on my skin than in the bottle, and the cimarron and chamomile are peaking through the soft, dusky orris root. I'm a little disappointed that the ambergris is not more dominant, but then again, I adore that note.

Dry: All I get now are orris root and white sugar. It's nice, but a bit too sweet for me.

This is my favorite BPAL scent. It dries down to a slightly sweet, slightly citrus, powdery scent that I love. Compared to other scents with the same notes, this one lasts and can be smelled farther away (throw?).

My problem is that I got an imp in a trade and will run out in not too long. Is anything else similar?

After I got over my initial shock at sniffing this (not at all what I was expecting), I realized that I do like it. It smells like sweet lemon sugar at first, and then when it dries it softens up a little bit and loses that super-sweet edge. It's a cheery, sweet citrus scent that's not overpowering at all and is fairly light and definitely pleasant. I like it.