Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

LUNA
Touareg tea, Asian pear, carnation, lime sugar, green musk, armoise, and thyme.

This one ended up being mostly lime sugar and pear on my skin, with some other funky notes in the bottle that I couldn't quite place (tea? green musk?). Not for me, so much.

"Well, hi there lime sugar! Would you like a cup of Toureg Tea? It is ever so slightly minty, quite refreshing, really. Oh, and perhaps a slice of juicy pear for a snack?"

Yep, you guessed it, the wet stage of this blend is all about lime sugar. It reminds me of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat, sans melon, with the pear and slightly minty tea note instead. Thankfully the sourness of the lime backs down a bit once this drys, and the sweet green musk gets a chance to come forward. As of yet, I'm not sure my nose has detected the carnation, armoise, or thyme. Once dry, this is very pretty and refreshing, but DANG that lime is sour on my skin for the first 15-20 minutes. I'm hoping it will become a more balanced part of the blend given a little time.

Edited by Hillary

citrusy and sort of lime sugary with a pear syrup… it’s kinda herby as well. It mellows nicely and smooths out the longer it’s on. The tea is there to hold it together.

Mmmm, limey, minty, sweet pear. To me it's very light and sweet. Mellows a bit on the drydown. I don't get much spiciness out of it at all, so actually I love it more than I hoped for!!

The overall effect is very light and fluffy with just a little bit of a green edge. On my skin, I get very little mint, but there's so much else going on that it's not much missed. Sweet pear, puffy carnation, little bit of lime sugar and that nice green musk are what are coming off my skin. It stays *very* close to the skin, but is probably a good crowd pleaser as well so I'd call it safe for work.

Worth noting that my skin is out of whack from stress lately, so the oil burns off pretty quickly on my at the moment. Therefore, not as much staying power as I'd like, but I wouldn't call that an absolute assessment.

Love it, keeping it. I think this'll get a lot of use.

Luna

I can smell the mint in the bottle, but on me it's mostly pear with lime sugar. It's nice and light. "Color" to me is shimmery light green. After several hours the green musk comes out more.

I wasn't too excited about this one, but ordered this in a decant circle because I ordered all the other Moths and didn't want this one to feel left out. :) And I know from experience that sometimes the scents that don't thrill by the list of notes end up being wins.

On me it is fruity, sweet; mostly pear and lime. I get a hint of carnation and a little tea blast initially, but now after about 15 minutes it is mostly a nice sweet fruity light green scent. Its fruitiness reminds me a bit of Autumn Moon of the Mirror Stand.

Actually, I am really liking this one!!!! I will wear a few more times, but it might be bottle worthy!!!

Edited by wendyb1063

Lovely. Really, really lovely.

On, the lime sugar is like WHOA. It is always there but backs down fairly quickly. There is a definite herby quality that I get that is sort of lemon-ish, so I'm guessing the thyme but it's not strong. It tempers the citrus sugar very nicely and is softened by the musk and pear. I do not get much carnation at all. This is very pretty and perfect for summer.

Lime sugar is the strongest note on my skin. Tea, pear, & carnation notes are in background. This is perfect for a hot, muggy summer afternoon.

Hello GREEN! This whole scent is 'green' to me. I love the playful scent of the green musk and lime and pear that intertwine so well. Definitely a great, fresh summer scent. Again, not a lot of throw on my skin, but I still love it. Bottle worthy? Maybe not, but I will love my imp of it and maybe find another. 4/5

Luna is lovely, a clean green fruity scent that is very dainty and dreamy, sort of a pear-y version of The Unicorn. Unfortunately, it doesn't last very long. I was hoping the carnation would ground it a bit, but I don't get any carnation at all; and the lime, sugar, and pear notes that are most prominent seem to burn away immediately.

This is beautiful--lime sugar and pear, with the tea and a slight herbal tinge coming out on the drydown over a background of light green musk. It's not overly fruity or sweet thanks to the musk and thyme. Wonderfully summery! It does seems a bit faint and fleeting so I'll give it a longer test before I decide if it's bottle-worthy or not, but it is very very pretty.

Very pretty! It's mostly sweetened pear, tea, and a hint of carnation. It's a very fresh summery scent and just...pretty. :)

As much as I like it, I don't think it's really "me". But I'm glad I got to try it!

phew, Luna Moth, does NOT work on me. I get no mint (awwwww, :cry2: and I so love mint), no refreshing greeness. All I get is plastic-y medicated/ace bandage smell. I don't know if it's the pear or the lime or the armoise (which is mugort btw) which is turning on me, but this is downright FOUL.

Luna - This starts off with a really sweet and refreshing slice of lime and all sorts of green sweetness. It's really awesome at this stage. After it's been on my skin for about 10 minutes, it takes on the weirdest, flattest funkiness that I can only attribute to the carnation, which often does weird things on my skin. The carnation seems like such an odd note to put in with the rest of the notes in this blend, and it sure doesn't work on my skin. Because it smells so great when it's wet, I think for me, this is better used as a scent locket or oil burner fragrance.

Although I liked this, it came across very, very faint on me and faded to nothing in short order, so I probably will not be trying to obtain more of it.

Wet, it's a very soft, gentle candy scent, and it gives me a mental image of very pale green pear-flavored hard candies. The lime comes out more as it dries, which makes the blend a little more refreshing than overly sweet. "Pretty" is definitely an adjective I would use for this blend, very delicate and feminine. A spring/summer sort of scent, light and sweet and airy.

I get mostly the sweet lime with the pear coming in just a little later. If I sniff hard and look at the notes I feel like I get a bit of the thyme giving it an interesting green twist. It's quite sweet, a hint of green, a bit of fruit. Nice, but a bit too sweet for my taste.

Bottle: Green, sweet and fresh. Mainly thyme and pear.

Wet: I get a huge rush of pear and , now that it has had a few weeks, tea. Almost too fruity for my taste but there is something compelling about it.

Dry: As it dries the herbal quality comes out and there is more of a sharp green quality to it. The musk adds a round feathery quality to it. The big surprise for me is the lime. No sugar here. The lime is bitter like the rind.

Overall: Not what I expected but it is unusual and has that sharp green quality I love for summer. It also seems to me that it keeps improving.

Luna, so soft, so feminine and pretty. I can pick out the Asian pear, carnation, lime sugar and green musk right off the bat. Lovely combo.

In the bottle : Mostly lime sugar sweetness.

Wet : The pear, carnation and musk show up. The carnation is wonderful, adding a spicy kick that the musk seems to soften at every turn. Musk is generally a death note on me, but thankfully it's working ok in this blend. Something is keeping it in check.

Dry down : Mostly pear, carnation and musk. I wish the lime sugar stuck around a bit longer, but this is pretty. The softness of it reminds me of the softness I also get from Antique Lace - even though they don't smell the same. Just the same feel to me.

Verdict : Glad I got a bottle. Wish it was a bit sweeter on the dry down, but it's great for when I want to feel soft and girly.

EDIT : Darn it. Not so glad anymore. As this starts to fade away all it is leaving behind is musk, musk, musk. I hate that I amp musk. It's making me feel queasy now. Darn it! I want to love you, Luna, but the musk is ruining everything. *le sigh*

Edited by Antoinette

In the bottle: A lot of pear and lime, lots of sugar. I'm getting flashbacks to Geek.Goth. Let's hope this one likes my skin better than that did, as my chemistry usually turns lime, and lemon to a lesser extent, to dish soap. No soapy please!

Immediately after application: OMFG YUM. Sugary pear-lime. Geek.Goth + pear and musk! I LOVE IT! PLEASE DON'T GO SOAPY! I AM BEGGING YOU!

Warming up: No soap! Sugary pear and a hint of musk. Less Geek.Goth vibe but still yummy.

Fading: Still no soap! Yay! Some of the tea is coming out now. It still smells AWESOME. I am most pleased.

Faded: Tea, a little spice, and pear. Yummy awesomeness. I am very pleased!

Overall: Reminiscent of my beloved Geek.Goth that turned to dish soap on me, this stayed beautiful start to finish. I loved it. This was the first of the metamorphosis blends I tested. I'm also glad I opted for half-decants, banking on my likely desire to buy bottles of these scents because if the rest are anything like this, I will NEED bottles. It is thisclose to perfect for me. Definitely getting a bottle!

In bottle: This is fascinating. The lime gives a picancy to the pear/tea/carnation combination. The whole thing is beautifully blended, each element contributing to a lovely whole. Wet: Possibly a touch too sweet on my skin, and a little bit bubble gum. I think the tea is getting subsumed somewhat. The lime sugar and pear are dominant. Dry: It softens into something sweet and delicate. I’m really liking how the lime sugar and green musk interact with each other and the tea. It is gentle and pleasant and very june, if that makes sense.

From the bottle: wet pear!, sugar, this definitely smells green. I'm really liking what I smell so far!

On skin: No more pear :( , sweet sugar is still there, the carnation and herbal floral notes come out, at the end it kind of has a chapstick-y smell..weird.

30 min. later: Has dried down to a very Very light sugar scent.

I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get more of the lime in the lime sugar. This is a very light and sweet scent, but I kind of wish is lasted longer (scent locket?) and that it stayed a more fruity green scent w/ a hint of sugar. Oh wells.

Edited by SirBixby

In the decant, this is a lovely, fresh scent. Applied, I’m getting a bit of spicy tea. As it begins to dry down, I’m picking up the lime sugar and musk. For a while, it is a pretty tea/lime scent, but it fades very quickly and turns extremely light to where I can barely smell it unless my nose is right there. Will use up the decant, but no bottle on this.

I opened this one up, smelled it, and thought, lord no! This smells very "fake" in the bottle, yet somehow familiar. What was it? Then I got it! It smelled like Pez! Yes indeed, just like Pez.

Now I like Pez. But I don't want to smell like it, so I pretty much just gave up on this one right away.

Then later I remember the tea, the carnation, and I thought surely this lime sugar can't ruin the whole thing for me. So I tried it again, and it is much better on, thankfully. On, it is rounder, fruitier, and not at all artificial, though it is a bit sweeter than I like. It is indeed very "green" in a glowing green candy way. I wish I got more tea, but I'm all about strong tea scents and rarely get them. I get some pear, and not enough carnation.

I find this pleasant but not a keeper.

This one was super strange on my skin.. It was sour, bitter, and reminded me of something bad from my childhood. I couldn't pinpoint WHAT it reminded me of, maybe a medicine I had to take a lot... amoxicillin? Or just something my stepmom forced me into, like that stupid clear coat stop nail biting shit.

I think it was the green musk or armoise that made it 'off' because all the other notes are generally good on me. Sad!