Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
myth

The Fire-Scorched Carousel

Syrupy fruit, and… hm, I don’t know. I think I’m getting a burnt wood smell… not vetiver, but that smell you get the next day from last night’s campfire. Paired with the fruit… and maybe cola?... it’ a bit odd overall. Almost reminds me of that smell when someone has dropped cigarette butts into a coke that has gone flat [like you might find whilst cleaning up after a party].

This is becoming nauseating, actually. Becomes more strongly stale cigarette butts as it continues to dry. This turned amazingly awful on me, and the final dry-down kind of made me want to retch if I took a big whiff. The only CD proto that was worse than this on me was Tilt-a-Whirl, and together they rank as two of most disgusting smelling perfumes I've ever encountered. I'm sorry; I don't know what I did to this, but it reeeally hates me. I feel bad about being the first review. :blush:

This is like some mad victorian scientist had recreated their own glittering clockwork replica of Priala. It's the same thin, sweet smoke note, but instead of myrrh and cinnamon there's oil (which is fascinating, especially with the sweetness of the rest of the blend) and light pale wood. If you like Priala and the steampunk scents, and don't have issues with the labs smoke notes, there's a good chance you'll love this.

I get air, something like cotton candy and lots of woodsmoke. It indeed smells like a burnt down wooden carousel but it still has a sort of memory of the rush of wind in your hair and cotton candy sticking to the seats. The woodsmoke dies down a bit when the scent dries. A very apt and strangely uplifting scent.

Smells like greasepaint and theatrical makeup in the vial - I'm definitely getting the steampunk-y "gear oil" and maybe the sweet fire note from The Lights of Men's Lives. A tiny, tiny background of burning leaves or scorched wood, but it's not a smoky blend. I have such an aged tester that I'm sure it's not accurate; it's mostly sweetened gear oil to me, really.