Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An effervescent combination of pink musk, white peach, wild strawberry, pale woods, iris, and raspberry leaf.

It's like sweet, fruity candy, but not too strong. Instead of Purple Haze it's a pink one :). Happy, nice scent.

This is pink and effervescent. I definitely get a little melon in this, which I love. Unfortunately, on the dry down, this smells a bit like hairspray on me.

Le sigh.

Wow.... this is bubblegum! At first I was thinking this was like Velvet Unicorn, but I don't remember that one smelling so much like bubblegum.

Now that I think about it, this really reminds me of the strawberry watermelon flavored Bubbleyum. Used to love that gum when I was little!

Hmmmm, this one doesn't change at all for me from application to drydown. Not for me, but smells quite tasty!

In the imp: Pink, sweet, soft.

Fresh on the skin: Same, with a squishy strawberry center under the powdery pink dusting at the surface. There is something quite warm about this that keeps it from being pure candy. Quite lovely so far.

5 minutes in: Warm, powdery, sweet but not too sweet, soft bubblegum pink with intriguing complexity. Surprisingly un-plasticky. I'm not sure it's me, but I like it!

10 minutes in: Still lovely, warm and pink and soft and young. Powdery, but in a nicer way than I usually mean it.

15 minutes in: About the same, though it's starting to lighten a little, I think. It has an almost faded feel, subtle, though I feel like that might just be how it's meant to be rather than actual fading. There is definitely a light honey wood and soft musk (and maybe a little green from the raspberry leaf?) center to this, really anchoring the sweet pink strawberry (with peach around the edges) sillage. I really, really like this!

20 minutes in: The description says "effervescent," and it is, though it's not the bright bubbly fizz of some of the other effervescents. More of a soft, light, barely-there froth or foam.

30 minutes in: Still super pretty and pink. There is a light almost-heady quality that might not always appeal to me, but right now it works, and is definitely keeping the fruits from being too sweet or syrupy. It has a deceptively low throw, but I like that. Really subtle without disappearing.

1 hour in: Huh. Only barely pink anymore, though still sweet and warm. Maybe a tiny bit of play-doh? Not too much, though. I think it's the woods going b bit wonky on me -- better than most, though.

2 hours in: Continuing to fade into mostly soft, fuzzy woodsy musk. Not a huge fan of this stage, though I don't hate it either. Just not nearly as pretty as the first 45 minutes and already faded down to almost nothing.

3.5 hours in: A sort of soft, warm, sweet musky smell. Basically gone, though it wouldn't surprise me if this stage of almost-gone persists for a while.

8 hours in: Just about gone, maybe an ever so slight warmth.

9.5 hours in: Yes, there's still something sweet and warm there. Kinda nice!

11 hours in: Barely-there sweet warmth.

12 hours in: The same.

13 hours in: Laundry, just about gone.

Verdict: So, so pretty... though it fades into something less pretty (though still not bad, just not as pretty as the beginning. Maybe not 100% me, but nice enough that I'm probably going to track down at least an imp.

One word: Pink!

wow, this totally smells like 1992!

i was a good bit afraid of the peach in this, and a little wary of the raspberry leaf. everything else sounded divine, though.

i've gotten to test it twice now, from two different bottles, and both times i get the same scent-mix: i get Revlon's Incognito (which i wore for about half a year after it came out in 1992) and Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth (which i still love, btw).

i have Loli.Goth on my right wrist and Incognito layered with Electric Youth on my left, and they smell damn near identical.

groovy!

:wub2: Bubbly, pink and cheerful. Right off the bat you can smell the wild strawberry, peach and pink musk. Woods and raspberry leaf help to temper the sweetness. Great throw right off the start, maybe a bit too sweet at first, but once it dries down and has a chance to morph, the sweetness fades and I'am left with strawberry/peach musk.

Wet, this reminds me of melons--lightly fruity, sweet in a restrained way. (Glad to see Ellebelle mentioned this too, or I’d think I was losing my mind.) As it tries the sweet strawberry emerges, and I can get just a hint of peach--but it still hits me as something like melons, like a bowl of chilled chunks of honeydew and sliced strawberries. Not for me, but different and lovely.

In the Imp: Hmmm, there's a tartness here that I wasn't expecting -- perhaps the strawberry and the effervescence mingling together?

Wet: Upon hitting the skin, this threatens for a moment to turn into Generic Shampoo Fragrance #4, but once it settles down I am reminded of one of those scent memories I cannot quite figure out. It's the damndest thing, and I always hate when that happen-- Oh! I remember now. It's the way the fruits and the iris are mingling together, but it reminds me of a Bath & Body Works perfume I had about half my life ago. At one point B&BW had astrologically-themed perfumes marketed toward the tweens, and Loli.Goth reminds me of Libra. Now, typically anything described as "tween-oriented" would be an unappealing characterization, but we ARE talking about Lolitas here. :P

Dry: This doesn't morph much on me as it dries. If I were to give it a color, though, it would be apricot instead of pink. It'b both bright and soft simultaneously, if that makes any sense at all.

Verdict: What I really think is that Beth has managed to obtain unicorn piss and is passing it off to us as Loli.Goth. I'm just sayin'. :lol:

in the imp: this reminds me a lot of some strawberry candies i had as a kid that came in a tin. they were kinda tart and made your mouth water just at the smell. same reaction here. sweet, but not overly so.

wet on my skin: i don't know why, but i'm getting strawberry scented shampoo out of this.

30 minute drydown: i just realized why i got shampoo. Iris, how you vex me... invariably, iris/orris turn a perfectly good blend into soap/shampoo on me.

Lightly fruity and pretty at first, the florals dominate and the fruit disappears in dry-down. I can't wear florals; they give me headaches.

ooh very pink fruity musk; soft, sweet, but with body

I just want to keep sniffing and it's not something I would normally wear, but it SCREAMS loligoth perfectly! I can instantly picture white and pink frilly dress and a big fruity lollipop :)

but just a few minutes on my skin and it really starts to fade

I'm delighted to have a decant from dear GRR to try! Loli is Titania's girly-girl little sister. The lovely white peach note from Titania shows up on first application, but mixed with sweet strawberry (reminiscent of Strawberry Moon) and...bubblegum? Wet, I did not like the musk, as it seemed to fight the clean/crisp notes, making Loli less like Titania and more like Fae, which is too "syrupy" on me. However, on the drydown, the musk becomes much better behaved, blending to a soft sweetness that would complement my Pink Sugar shower gel for layering ( :yum: ). Loli is in the same family of scents with Lolita (naturally) and Glitter: it's an "OMG I'm a girl!" scent and would go well with a bow in your hair! :princess:

Edited by Laurel the Woodfairy

Once again, an oil somehow smells 'fizzy.' That is such a strange effect!

In the bottle, it's like the most awesome fruit soda ever. Much like the description - strawberries and peaches, maybe with some cherry syrup and a little mandarin orange. Once on my skin, it mostly maintains this quality, but begins to both fade and warm up. It's a little more orangey now, and smells more of straight fruits (without added sugariness). Later, it's like an orangey peach still on the tree on a dewy morning. I like the eventual effect even better than the original one. Although, I do have to say it's a blend that could be mistaken for a Bath & Body Works type scent. (I mean this in the most delicious way!)

On me, this smells very similar to Velvet Unicorn. Pink, fluffy, and fruity. Not too musky, although it does have a pleasant musk/wood undertone that keeps it from being overly PINK. And just a little bit of bubbliness.

Very cute and adorable. I like this one a whole lot.

What's to say that hasn't already been said? Strawberry is the dominant note -- not getting much of anything else. Maybe strawberries with some sugar sprinkled on top. It's very sweet and delicious. I love the scent itself but it disappears pretty fast on me and that fact is that I can get sweet, fruity GC bottles for a lot less trouble. They might not be so strong on the strawberry, but they'd satisfy the need for something fruity.

I was expecting Loli Goth to be sweeter and more candy-like, but it's grounded with a "perfumey" note (pink musk?), which tones down the fruitiness and makes this less of a pure foody blend. I mostly smell the peach and maybe some strawberry, but not as herbal/natural as in Strawberry Moon. It's bubbly, fresh, and light - a nice summer scent. I'm enjoying this more on the dry-down, the muskiness is fading and the fruitiness is coming out more.

It's very lovely. So sad that this scent was so limited.

Loli.goth was a surprise to me - it's a BPAL strawberry that works! It's really strawberries and cream to me. It's young, girlish and delicious. It still ends up being too sweet to my liking, but it was more wearable and likeable on my skin chemistry than I expected.

I finally got my paws on a bottle of this (how cute is the little goth girlie? :wub2: ) to see what all the fuss is about. It smells like stuff that I usually don't like to wear: bubblegum, strawberries and peaches; but the musk and pale woods gives the sweetness a little edge. I really love this.

Edited by mxtine

Loli.Goth

In the imp: strawberry ice cream!

Wet on skin: strawberry sweets, creamy iris, pink musk and a bit of peach.

Dry on skin: I like this! This has the same pink musk as in Vasilissa, a fresh yet fluffy musk which has a slight perfumey tang to it, and that balances out the overall sweetness of this blend. The strawberry note is so pretty; it’s a creamy sweet berry that smells just like ice cream. No plastic, no odd acidic sharpness. There’s also a bit of the raspberry that was in the White Choc and Black Raspberry Truffle scent. I can’t really smell peach or woods, but the iris has a gorgeous scent that is creamy (without being foody) and dewy and floral all at once.

After a while: this then settles in to the prettiest pink scent of musk and iris with a little bit of wood to ground it. The fruity notes are still there and I do detect a hint of something candied, but it’s not as sugary sweet now, it’s a lot more sophisticated. The pink musk is just like Vasilissa but I love the iris in here, it smells so fresh and cool with hints of powder, like the delicate scent of a real iris flower. It reminds me a bit of Black Pearl without the coconut…maybe more of a Pink Pearl.

Verdict: this is my second favourite of the Goths. This works a lot better on me than expected-the strawberry, a note I want to love but is so often a disaster on me, works perfectly here, as a creamy ice cream type note, and I adore that. The peach is subtle but adds extra fruitiness to the strawberry and raspberry pinkness. The musks, woods and iris on the other hand are perfect counterbalances to the sweet candied creamy fruit, grounding the scent, stopping it from being too gourmand and oversweet, and making this mature. Girly, youthful and pink but not childish. I’m so glad I was able to find a bottle of this one!

Emoticon rating: :wub2:

Is it a keeper? Yes and I found a bottle!

I don't usually go for strawberry blends, but this one is so fruity and fun, and I like it quite a bit.

This is basically strawberry vanilla syrup, very sweet. This is another blend that I find close to Velvet Unicorn and Plastic Pink Flamingo. Still, it is juuuust a bit too sweet, and I wish I detected the musk and woods, though this is probably the first strawberry blend that I like. Maybe the musks and woods will come out a bit later. A little bit goes a long way, and I'll certainly enjoy the imp while it lasts.

Sniff: Playful, bright and sparkly. I normally dislike sweet/foodie scents, but as others have mentioned, this one is sweet without being cloying

Wet: Fruity, feels less pink and more somewhere between pink and red. Mulberry, maybe? This actually doesn’t reach bubble gum heights, it’s a more subtle candy tone

Dry: Softly, softly, the musk creeps in and subdues the sweet, but not entirely. There’s more green now, and the overall effect is like sitting in a field of berries on a warm day with fishnet stockings on. This is a gorgeous blend, definitely one of my favorite and destined for hoarding!

This is very similar to the strawberry moon 2009, regarding the note of the strawberry, and this moon did not work for me. I had a preconceived idea that it would be like chewing gum sweet, but loli.goth in my skin is more acidic than sweet. mecry.gif

Edited by Melenass

In the bottle: Fruity with a light hint of the musk and woods. Maybe a bit of the iris.

Immediately after application: Another one I kind of want to eat. It smells really good. Ok skin, let's make a deal. You don't do anything weird to this one, ok?

Warming up: It smells pink. It really does. It's soft and girly but the musk keeps it from being too girly. I'm getting more of the wood and musky floral than fruit now but they're adding an undertone of sweetness. So far my skin is keeping the bargain.

Fading: Interesting, the fruit and iris have come to the forefront. It's still a pretty scent and hasn't gone weird on me, yay! I almost get a melon vibe.

Faded: A soft, melon-y scent. Lovely from start to finish.

Overall: Definitely not an everyday scent for me, it's altogether too... PRETTY. But for a change of pace I'll definitely wear it. I'm glad my weirdo chemistry didn't eff this one up :3

The last thing I tried pink musk in was sickly-sweet, and so I expected the same of Loli.Goth.

And instead got THE BEST FRUIT SMELL. The musk and wood elements tone down the sweetness enough to be pleasant instead of overwhelming, and the strawberry and peach are realistic rather than syrupy.

I'm going to need to track down more once my imp is gone - and at the rate I'm using it, it won't be long. I need to stop myself from wearing this every day!

A lovely forumite sent me some testers as thanks for doing a fairy pickup for her at a Seattle WC awhile back, including Loli.Goth. I've been hoarding it ever since, but decided it was time for a proper test and review.

In the decant I get strawberry, peach and a sweet musk. On my skin, the strawberry amps up, and becomes crazy-sweet. The vial scent is more balanced, I think. I'm not getting much musk on my skin. I'm sadly discovering that the lab's strawberry notes tend to go overly sweet and a little boozy on me, and I'm getting a booze note here as well. It's kind of like Strawberry Moon '09, which developed a weird and unpleasant fermenting note on my skin. This doesn't quite do that, but it's still not great. It's actually quite similar to the fruity burnt sugar smell that Sugar Skull became on me. I'm actually a bit relieved that it's not great on my skin, because it means one less BPALicorn to lust after. o_o I think this tester will be gifted to a new owner, since there's still a bit of oil left in it.

Edited by sunlitgarden