Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Black vanilla, Egyptian musk, Rožolj liqueur, and black cherries.

ooookay gothabilly, you are just RIDICULOUS. the oil itself feels smooth and thick, just like the rich, sweet, sticky scent of deep vanilla, smooth egyptian musk and dark, sweet, boozy cherries.

the cherries do their weird almond-like thing for a while, but that eventually seems to calm down and yumm. i love you gothabilly.

there's a certain creaminess i get from this after a while that reminds me of another favorite, the anti-saloon league!

umm OMG this is WAY lovelier than i had anticipated!! the black vanilla is very sophisticated, and not foody at all. the black cherries and maraschino liqueur are also beautiful, and not overly cloying and sweet, like i thought they might be. the cherry does turn slightly plasticky on me, as many fruits do, but luckily that's pretty subtle. this is a lovely scent and i'm glad i got to try it.

Edited by theseagrows

I've been drooling over this scent ever since reading the description and I finally got my hands on a decant!

It is just as amazing as I had imagined - a sweet, musky cherry scent. It went a tiny bit powdery when it dried on my skin, but I think that made it smell even better. To me this is an innocent but sexy scent and I want more! Especially since it doesn't have much throw on me and faded quicker than most scents do on me. But pure perfection while I can smell it!

This is nearly a dead on ringer for Ghoulish on my skin. Subtle difference being a slight spiciness to Ghoulish whereas this is slightly creamy. None of the Rozolj liqure that I was curious about. I have 3 bottles of Ghoulish so no need to hunt down a bottle for me.

In the Imp (ITI): Cherries, liqueur, and musk. Interesting.

Wet: It smells like chocolate-covered cherry cordials with a healthy dose of thick vanilla and heady musk.

Dry: Once dried for a little, the scent is soft, musky, with hints of vanilla-infused cherries. It almost has a smoky tone, which I really enjoy.

I got a tiny amount from such a sweet lady, which i love and curse at the same time :laugh: . On me it's sexy musky cherries and then vanilla to sweeten everything. It's similar to smut, which i absolutely love.

Plastic...creamy plastic. Not very fruity on me, so I think the liqueur is actually the problem. Some creamy musk comes through. And then plastic. I am actually OK with this result, because now I can say I tried it, without feeling the need to track down more. And I can also pass this decant on to someone who will love it.

Gothabilly

In the Bottle: Cherry flavoured starburst chews and brilliant golden amber-y musk

Wet: Okay this smelt pretty cool in the bottle, because I love lollies! On skin, it turns into a muskier maraschino cherry base, a little less sweet than the confectionary scent I got from the bottle- it carries a little bit of almond essence. There is a lovely, sweet creamy vanillic note which must be the black vanilla. It reminds me of the cream accord from MB: Bloody Mary, though much more subdued, muskier and less-sweet. I can’t detect any liqueur in this at all, if anything I get more of the Egyptian musk which reacts with the vanilla to create a sort of amber-y note in the blend. It’s really nice and smells quite similar (though less bright) to NAVA’s Garnet, but more fruity-rich.

Drydown: The drydown is a little disappointing as most of the scent has become but a faint whiff. The maraschino cherry note has faded the most, the musk has become powdery- and the creaminess has faded quite a bit, still somewhat faintly fruity and sour-sweet.

TL;DR: Creamy maraschino cherry flavoured confectionary chews

An extremely generous forumite frimped me a decant of this, and I'm so thrilled to have gotten to try it! :heart: This is undoubtedly one of the best cherry scents the Lab has ever created. It is strong on the black cherry and cherry liqueur, which is a true cherry that doesn't read as almond-like to me, and it lasts and lasts, grounded by the Egyptian musk. I didn't get much black vanilla from this, but I'm sure it is there helping to sweeten things up a bit.

I will be treasuring this decant and can't wait to pair it with Dragon Bouffant Hair Gloss. :wub2: