Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Highly caffeinated, profoundly sugared lemon-lime soda.

Yesterday, I finally got around to skin testing Loli.Goth and Victoriana.Goth, so I decided Geek.Goth should join the party as well (even though it was a recent acquisition.) :lol:

In the decant: Woo, lemon-lime! This really does smell just like a fizzy Sprite!

On my skin, it's much the same. It's very sweet and effervescent. There's some vanilla sugar in here, sweetening it and keeping it from being PURE CITRUS ATTACK. Actually, what it reminds me of is this lemon cheesecake flavored ice cream that I recently got - not the cheesecake, but the sweet lemon ice cream part of it. This is surprisingly my favorite of the Goths I've managed to test so far, although Gothabilly is still on my to-try list. And I feel lucky about that, because I'd guess it's the least coveted of the 2010 Goths!

ITB: It's effervescent, just like the champagnes, but with more lemon-lime.

Wet: It's very much the same on my skin, although as it settles, the sugar kicks in. It reminds me of Mountain Dew (what I remember of it, anyway).

Dry: It's an effervescent lemon-lime with something warm like caramelized sugar.

In the bottle: If you mixed 7-up and Mountain Dew, this would be it, right here. It's lightly sweet and tart, not syrupy at all.

Wet on skin: The same, not much changing.

Drydown: The scent notes stay the same on me, again, not much morphing. However, the drier this goes, the more effervescent this becomes.

Very cool effect, and definitely in my 'love and will never part with' pile.

I have been curious about this goth for ages, because I love citrus scents and identify with the archetype. :P

In the bottle: Fizzy lemon-lime soda! The Lab’s champagne note provides the fizz. The lemon-lime aspect reminds me more of Sprite than Mountain Dew, although I can see why some people have mentioned Mountain Dew in their reviews. The boy agrees.

Wet: Fizzy, with lots of lemon and sweet lime. In the bottle, I got more of the lime, but on my skin, the lemon is more prominent. I don’t really think it smells like either of the aforementioned sodas on my skin. While Shade is the Lab’s champagne note plus pink grapefruit, Geek.Goth is the Lab’s champagne accompanied by lemon and lime.

Dry: So. Much. FIZZ. It’s mostly a fizzy lemon scent on me for a long time.

After four hours of wear, what remains is the lightly sugared ghost of the fizz note and a twist of lemon.

Verdict: I kind of wish the lime were more potent on me, but I’m amazed at the longevity of the citrus anyways, since this is 8 years old! I am glad that I was able to get my hands on a bottle, and I will enjoy wearing it during the summer months. :)