Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Highly caffeinated, profoundly sugared lemon-lime soda.

yup, it's mountain dew alright! I love love LOVE how fizzy the scent is, but am saddened by how short the duration of geek.goth is on my skin. Seriously, like 2 hours and it's GONE. *cries*yup, it's mountain dew alright! I love love LOVE how fizzy the scent is, but am saddened by how short the duration of geek.goth is on my skin. Seriously, like 2 hours and it's GONE. *cries*

Anyone ever eat those round Starkist gummy candies- the ones with sugar all over the outside? This smells exactly like the lime ones. It's very fizzy smelling, and has a lot of throw. Interesting, but not my thing to wear. So limey and fizzy it kind of gives me a headache.

I don't smell sprite, but I do smell mountain dew! I had no idea I could pick out caffeine as a note, but yes, it's possible on this one. Ready for a raid.

In Bottle: Smells like Sprite, or Mountain Dew.

Wet on skin: Sugary lemon-lime, with less of the fizzy note.

Drydown (3 minutes): The fizzy is coming out more now.

Drydown (5 minutes): Major fizz! It kinda tickles my nose like I'm smelling a soda, lol.

Overall Impression: I was kinda meh on this from the description, but then I smelled it. I love the Lab's fizzy note, and I wish it was used more often. This is a very light, summery scent. Very refreshing! Makes me want to drink soda and roleplay.

I'm not normally a fan of citrus blends, but this smells exactly like Mountain Dew. Unlike every other blend, it doesn't morph on my skin at all. It even smells fizzy somehow, and it manages to last pretty well on my skin. :wub:

This smells like a lemon-lime champagne cocktail. It's fizzy citrus, but so not right for me.. my arch nemesis champagne (or perhaps it's gin or grapefruit) is in here, making everything all nasty sour.

If you can wear these 'fizzy' things, lucky you! I'm sure this would be lovely on someone whose skin behaves differently to mine.

It smells like sweet, syrupy, fizzy, citrusy soda.

I was so generously gifted a tester of this and OMGLOVE. Very sweet, very citrus, very bubbly, and unlike most really sweet blends the sugar aspect isn't doing any weird morphing on me. It's got good throw for a citrus, and it makes me smile every time I get a whiff.

Wow! This smells like...super-sour candy dissolved in Sprite. I can even <em>smell</em> the carbonation, which is neat-o. There's a bit of a chemical-ness to the blend, which makes sense if we're talking about soda pop. In the end, it's limeade and an odd, candy dust note underneath it. Excellently evocative.

Wow, this smells like Sprite!

After a bit, the bubbles fade and I can only smell the lemon lime. It smells less candy-like after a bit.

Very interesting, but definitely not for me.

Wow, this is fizzy! This is more lime than lemon on me -- very bright, sweet, and fresh. It kind of reminds me of those Mountain Dew energy drinks... but that may be because I more or less exist on them when it comes down to the study crunch. :lol:

In the imp: Sprite mixed with lemonade.

Fresh on the skin: Whoa. Lemon drops! Astringent and sweet! But not tooooooo sweet. And dropped in soda for a bright, tickly fizz! I feel very awake now! And happy! Not as syrupy as Mountain Dew, but brighter, shinier citrus than Sprite or 7-Up. It reminds me of Independent, but it's not quite so head-clearingly astringent. Hopefully that'll let it smell less like dishwashing liquid.

5 minutes in: Oh yeah, I like this. It's softening a little, but is still bright citrus with a touch of ginger ale. I'm not sure how much sense it makes to me to smell like this, but it's definitely refreshing, at least. And it's less in-your-face than I was fearing, given that it was easy to smell even through the closed decant vial sealed with teflon tape.

15 minutes in: Warmed and softened yet a bit more, but still a bright, subtly fizzing citrus. I adore this. It's a bit like a lemon-lime soda pop made by a small, local soda manufacturer with pure cane sugar and real citrus extracts, the kind that comes in a thick, dark green, retro-shaped bottle. Yum!

40 minutes in: Still fizzy, soft-bright citrus. Still yummy!

1 hour in: Sweetening up a touch, though still fizzy, soft, bright, citrus, yum!

1.5 hrs in: Sweet, soft, a little fizzy, still refreshingly citrus-y. Not complex, but happy and delicious!

2 hours in: The sweet, light, soft fizz of this really is quite a bit like the Champagne * blends. And I loved those, so.

4.5 hours in: This has faded down into a nice, soft citrus scent that has a bit of ozone to it.

6 hours in: Light fizz left, quite faded but still distinct.

7.5 hours in: Light fizz still.

9 hours in: Tiniest whiff of light citrus fizz.

11 hours in: Same, quite bright, if soft.

12 hours in: Just about gone.

Verdict: I love this! I don't know that I'd wear it every day or anything, but I really like it and would definitely revel in it once in awhile. A great refreshing summer scent!

One word: Citrus.

Wet, this is like flat 7up. I can hardly smell it, actually. After 10 minutes or so, it turns into the most delectable ginger beer. You know the kind that is ice cold and perfect for a hot day. The effervescence is now there and it's funny that I didn't detect it at first. This is certainly a win, and will be great for the hot days I'm sure are coming. I have a few fizzy imps for the summer, so I don't feel a burning need for a bottle, and it's not really unique enough to hunt one down.

A clean, citrusy smell, but without the punchy super-lime of F5, which remains one of my favorite hot-day-in-the-summertime scents. Definitely a hint of hard-candy tartness. Couldn’t pinpoint exactly what was so familiar until some forumites mentioned the similarity to the old champagne scents . . . That’s it exactly! It’s like a cocktail made with Sprite, Mountain Dew, and champagne.

I cast Magic Missile at the darkness.

Hey guuuuuuuys, wheeeeere's the Mountaaaaiiiiin Deeeeeeew??

:rofl:

Seriously, the moment I sniffed this, that short is all I could think about. This smells just like Mountain Freaking Dew! How does she do that??

I'm sorry, but that's really all I can contribute to this thread, because the only difference I get wet-dry is that the scent loses its "carbonation." Now, I don't really want to walk around smelling like I've spilled soda on myself, but the concept is hilarious.

Yes, it does smell like Sprite on wet. Unfortunately, the lemon-lime notes burn off as it dries, and what I'm left with is a fizzy sugary note. It definitely reminds me strongly to the champagne note in the Champagne blends that were available one WCWC.

I loved it on wet, but that didn't last more than 10 minutes. Tres sad.

in the imp: super fizzy Bawls. you know, the caffeinated version of Sprite. so fizzy and sweet and tart it almost hurts your nose, like drinking a half frozen one too fast.

wet on my skin: surprisingly enough, no difference. still ultra fizzy and sweet-tart. hell of a throw, too.

30 minute drydown: still super sweet and heavy on the lime. lots of the effervescence left too, which kinda surprised me.

2 hour drydown: mostly sugary lime now. kinda reminiscent of the drydown i get from Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues.

This smells like ginger ale and lime candy. The soda note is that very dry fizzy soda/champagne note that makes me feel ill, and the lime is candy sweet. I don't smell Sprite *or* Mtn Dew... the lime note is too completely distinct from the soda note for it to smell like those to me. I'm not a fan of this due to the aforementioned aversion to the fizzy soda/champagne note. Wooz.

smells like sugary, fizzy, lemon lime in the imp

on my skin it turns a bit sour :evil: I still get lemon, but like bad cleaning lemon - ugh!

My first impression of this was straight-up ginger ale. Fizzy, sharp, overly sweet, kind of citrusy. But then I found that this ginger ale is a bit too lemony, it's warm and flat. It's the soda that's been sitting in an open can outside of the refrigerator for a day or two. I don't care for this blend at all, but bubbly scents are not really my thing. I guess smelling like a carbonated beverage just doesn't do it for me.

Edited by silverivy

Yep, smells like Mountain Dew, except fizzier. I have known a lot of geeks in my life who basically tried to mainline Mountain Dew, so this seems very fitting.

Sadly a lot of the fizzy/champagne blends disagree with me (they smell unpleasantly like hair spray on me), so I'll be moving this one along.

When I heard that Geek.Goth was like Sprite/Mountain Dew, I had to find a decant. I love all the fizzy scents I've tried so far (The Hamptons, Polynesian Pop, Golden Wave), with the exception of Twenty One, which was more gin/dry liquor on me than anything else.

Geek.Goth starts off with a sharp citrus kick, just shy of cleaning fluid combined with that wonderful fizzyness. It's similar to Polynesian Pop, but the citrus is much sharper, and there aren't any other fruity notes in the way. The drydown softens the lemon until it's just lemon+fizz... whoever said Sprite was dead on ;) I'm not getting the sickening sweetness I usually associate with Mountain Dew, it's actually more like The Hamptons with the lemon from Embalming Fluid. It's got a good throw while it lasts, but it doesn't last too long - maybe 2 hours or so. If I didn't already have a bottle of Polynesian Pop, I'd go on a hunt for this one, but I probably don't need both.

In the bottle: Mountain Dew XD

Immediately after application: Candied lemon and lime slices. Oh fuck this smells good.

Warming up: It... wait... NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! IT HAS GONE SOAPY! BAD SOAPY! Dish soap-soapy :( *sobs* It smelled so fucking good too.

Fading: Lemon dish soap :\

Faded: Soap with which to scrub dishes, in lemon scent.

Overall: WHY???? It smelled sooooo good to start. WHY SKIN WHY? Why did you do that to such a nommy smell? Do you hate citrus? Or do you just hate me? Jerkface. I h8 u.