Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Yellow Jessamine Honey

Yellow jessamine honey.

Eeek, this is strong jasmine on my skin right after application. :( And then it turns rather "soapy" dry on my skin. Pass on this one.

Very pretty jasmine with an edge of honey -- almost an earthy honey. Super strong jasmine, but that's how it does on my skin, normally. Maybe a green background?

Strong, STRONG jasmine with a tiny drop of sweet honey. Great for jasmine lovers but way too much for me!

In the bottle, this is jasmine and honey. Prolly not going to turn out well. On my skin, it's pretty much JASMINE!!! and honey. Urgh.

Yellow Jessamine Honey - This opens up with a balanced blast of jasmine and sweet honey. The jasmine simmers down pretty quickly, and turns into the most gorgeous floral whose heavy headiness is tempered by the sweetness of the honey, which is so smooth it's almost nectar-like. There's something slightly green and earthy far in the background, too. After it's been on my skin a while, I smell a soapiness when I sniff my skin up close, but the scent that wafts around me is light, fresh jasmine and sweet honey-like nectar. It is a beautiful, beautiful sweet floral.

imp: honey with a faint jasmine scent.

wet: jasmine. and some honey. but mostly jasmine.

dry: the jasmine fades after a bit to be, for once, light and sweet. with all the honey it's actually quite nice.

To me, this was less jasmine and more reminiscent of a beloved pikake perfume that I bought long ago on vacation in Hawaii. Definitely tropical blooms, no matter what.

After having read the reviews above, I was worried that this would be an overwhelming cloud of jasmine on me, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that after the initial blast when it was wet, this quieted down beautifully, tempered into sweetness by the honey. On me it's mostly (tropical) floral with a touch of honey. Very lovely, and a good summer scent--this would feel right on a warm, humid night.

I used to like this scent and posted a good review for it here, but then it was discontinued... Bottles recently went up for it on the bptp etsy, so I ordered one, and the scent smells like it has gone bad.

Now it smells like sweaty armpit, hot and rotting ketchup, sickly yellow flowers, generic white bar soap, and no honey. It's sour, soapy and rotten.

Edited by Little Bird

Ugh. I don't know what I was thinking. This is all jasmine all the time with a little whiff of honey every know and again.

Must wash off now.

:::YELLOW JESSAMINE HONEY:::

Up until this showed up in Rappaccini's Apiary, hadn't the foggiest notion of what it was, so a little research was called for:

Yellow Jessamine is the State Flower of South Carolina... Interesting.

There was an element of horror upon reading that several children have died from Yellow Jessamine after sucking the nectar from it, thinking it was Honeysuckle... How bloody terrible is THAT?

Perhaps it should have been named, HONEYSUCKILL..

Aliases for it include Butterscotch, Woodbine (They call me Laz), Trumpet Flower of Evening, and ... Poor Man's Rope (?).

There was also the fact that bees who brought nectar from this flower to the hive not only perised themselves, but effectively wiped out the entire brood.

What a thing of miseries!

Excitement surrounds the idea of just how the Lab intends to represent this sinister boquet!

From the Imp: Weird! (in a good way) The Honey is completely obvious, and it is a rich, almost condensed Honey, like Honey when it condenses and starts to granulate.

The Floral in this is very sweet too. Honeysuckle would be an obvious comparison.

Yellow Jessamine has also been called, 'False Jasmine', but it doesn't quite make that impression at this phase.

The sugariness of Yellow Jessamine Honey is mind-blowing; a fairy-tale of confection, a candied conviction... Imagine a church with stained-glass windows that are actually panes of floral-flavoured hard candy.

On the Skin: The sweetness is intense; almost like sampling a variety of decadent caramels, taking breaks here and there to make-out with that special someone.

As it wears, it cleans up nicely, smelling just like the shiny, freshly shampooed, long, long hair of that girl you used to stare at at the roller-rink in the 70's...

Yellow Jessamine Honey is a lovely fragrance for Her.

Spectrally, the range follows the morphology from a rich and syrupy caramel to a glassy, pale yellow.

Toxic Honeycomb or no, this scent rocks!

4.8 out of 5!

I tested just a tiny drop at first and was rewarded, briefly, with a hint of sweet jessamine and honey. However, the fragrance started to turn soapy, so I decided to try a larger amount to make sure I really didn't like it.

AUGH! AUGH! OLD GROSS BANANA! It smells like rancid banana oil mixed with honey. Truly vile, and probably the most unhappy BPAL honey scent I've ever tried. Dammit. I love yellow jessamine, I love honey, but the two together clearly do NOT love me.

Strong jasmine + honey. If you can do either of these notes, then try it out. As neither of these is a fave of mine, I think I'll just pass this along to a better home.

Admittedly, the jessamine is not cat-pee jasmine. It's the jasmine I smell whenever I smell fresh jasmine, heady and floral with a touch of green.

i get only jessamine from this, and of all the honeys i tried, it's the only one that is going into my swap pile. it's just too flowery for me. it's a very strong flower fragrance, like very intense, extra strong jasmine, very sweet and to me, completely overpowering. i get no honey in this at all, neither in the bottle or on my skin.

:huh?:

So, I am a big jasmine fan and a HUGE fan of BPAL's honey notes. I jumped on this one. In the bottle and wet on my wrist it's straight up jasmine with something green in the background, like the yellow jessamine blooms and leaves are getting in on the action. As it dries, the honey comes into play more and more until it's pure honey after a few hours. It's really just two notes to my nose, but they're two lovely notes and two of my faves, so I'm very happy with my bottle. I agree with the comparisons to Lush's Flying Fox but IMO this is a sweeter jasmine.

This also has decent throw.

I agree, this is for jasmine lovers. It reminds me a lot of Lush's Flying Fox.

Had to quote this for two reasons: one, this review made me order an imp of this from the lab. I love me some Flying Fox, so had to try it.

Two, I think you're pretty spot on in your review. It DOES smell like Lush's Flying Fox!

So it's thick sweet honey, and jessamine, which is not quite as heady as the white jasmine, but certainly, that is a minor point as they are very, very similar in scent to me. It reminds me, also, of BPAL's swadhisthana, which is a stronger "jasmine" note and more sugared than honeyed, and has something herby and musky in it as well. I adore Swadhisthana, but the fact is, it is really too much to wear most of the time, and it strikes me that this might be a softer solution: similar but not overwhelming.

yes, I like this well enough that I might at least consider a partial bottle.

That's a honey with a nice floral overtone! That's a nice mix. The warmth of the honey is there, but it doesn't come up as obvious as most honey scents do.

At first, I'm thinking that this is another heady, sweet floral of the jasmine family variety. After a bit, my daughter, who is sitting down the couch from me, wonders what 'that amazing smell is'. I put my wrist to her face and she says, 'it smells better from a distance'. And after about an hour from applying, this really does smell amazing. A slightly floral (but in a good way), sweet non-powdery (but it has that powdery feel, if that makes sense), beautiful sensual honey-sweet blend. I really like this, a first for a jasmine-like blend. Very feminine and non-assuming, non-offensive way. LOVE, and I may get a bottle once my imp is used up. :wub2:

I received two frimps of this in my last BPAL order and OMG... I'm so glad I did!

When I sniffed it in the imp, I had some doubts because the Jasmine note is very strong and heady, but I put it on and the jasmine dried down to a softly floral scent and the honey note came out in warm golden tones. Oh, I adore this! The only thing that *might* make it better is a hint of wild rose... maybe... but then that's what layering is all about, isn't it?

LOVE!

I'm definitely adding this to my "to be purchased" list.

I think I must have overlooked this scent when I was making up my wishlist. A lovely person frimped it in a decant circle package, though!

Wet: A strong, flowery honey scent. Jasmine is apparent, but not overwhelming.

First on: Very strong honey, very strong jasmine. They are both amping, but in a friendly rather than overwhelming way.

Dry: Mellow jasmine, like walking through a garden of the stuff. Not at all soapy or powdery. Really quite lovely!

Got this as a frimp--growing on me hugely. It smells thick, warm, and golden, like a hot sticky summer day. Very nice--the jessamine calms right down and blends with a super-rich honey.

I got this as a frimp. This is pretty much what it says on the tin from wet to dry. There's a strong, sweet jessamine note and a warm, rich honey note, pretty much equally matched, and they do go well together. It reminds me of a warm summer afternoon- hot and humid sun warming up flowers and making their scent heady and rounded-out. I like it overall, but I prefer my blends a little more complex than this.

It's...nice. I don't normally dig honey oils, and that note does keep me from being uber-excited about this blend, but - the jasmine adds something that I do like.

I think I may keep this one, at least have it on standby in my "only-trade-if-I-see-something-REALLY-exciting" pile.