Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Invidiana

Reptoid Dominion

REPTOID DOMINION
Reptile overlords
We serve you unknowingly.
Hello, Antichrist.

Some 300,000 or so years ago, bipedal reptilians from the constellation Draco (who are also, coincidentally, from the lower level of the fourth dimension) came to Earth in order to pillage the planet's monoatomic gold supply. Monoatomic gold enables these reptiles, who appear exactly like humans, to process unthinkable amounts of data, travel trans-dimensionally, and shapeshift. The Reptoids, who formed the basis of the race of Gods known to the Babylonians as the Annunaki, made their homes in the bowels of the planet. These reptilian beings are also called the Watchers, the Fallen Angels, the Sons of God, Nephilim, or Grigori, and their evil machinations have been recorded as far back as Biblical apocrypha.

Monoatomic gold isn't the only thing that fuels their formidable powers; they can also utilize human fear, aggression, guilt, frustration, and anger to the same end. In order to promote the chaos and discord necessary for generating as much of these negative human emotions as possible, the Watchers crossbred with specifically selected influential humans. There were three primary breeding programs: the first resulted in the creation of the creature that the Bible calls Adam. To date, the vast majority of political and financial leaders of the world are half-reptile, and they have a vice-grip on all aspects of human society. The prophesied False Messiah, (the Antichrist, or Dajjal), will be a product of the unholy union of Watcher and human.

Malevolent superintelligent para-dimensional shapeshifting reptoid musk.

I was positive this would turn out to be an unholy disaster on me, but I was too curious to resist testing it. From sniffing the bottle I immediately picked up a musk note very similar to that in Hunter Moon 07 and Ivanushka, both of which went to Coty powder on me in 2.5 seconds. This musk is in the same vein but more pungent; wet it hit me like a very potent animalic, which is why I'm guessing it must have some sort of civet bouquet and a strong one at that. On the drydown it does indeed go powdery, but a very masculine sort of powdery with a pungent undertone (the components of which may have been intended to distinguish this as "reptoid" musk) whose deathgrip keeps growing more and more powerful and is just plain wrong with my chemistry to the point that I need to wipe it off. It's clear my skin will never play well with Hunter Moon/Ivanushka-type musks no matter the blend. Edited by Shollin

An interesting blend that brings strong visuals.

Wet, it's a musky scent with a bite that recalls Jean Nate in some strange way...I had high hopes at this point. However, within minutes it took on a poisonous smell, something made me think of Raid -I grew up in a house infested with black widows in the desert valley of California. People were always spraying Raid...everywhere. Sometimes a huge, black, shiny widow would be in my closet with my shoes, or in my toy box. Their hidden egg sacks would hatch, and then the whole area would be doused with Raid.

Perhaps thats why I have this disease today...anyway...

The image that came to me about this scent was similar to Greed (though nothing alike!) - something poisonous with power, :evil: something toxic, and metallic, and totally alien.

I MUST wash it off. It has a tiny undertone, nagging, that was in Troll or Event Horizon that made me nauseous.

Not for the faint of heart, and definitely not for a hippie, vetiver-loving girl like me.

This is a spicy, sort of sweet musk on me. Actually reminds me a bit of Miss Lupescu IIRC and, I also see the similarity to Hunter Moon '07 as well. On dry down, there's a metallic edge that emerges on my skin. Another Helicopter scent that I like, but don't love.

This is a cool herbal, almost minty, dark dusty musk. I think it evokes our Reptile Overlords quite well :). However, it's just not quite my thing, although I think it would be a lovely cooling skin scent in the summer for someone who likes dark herbal scents.

This reminds me of some 1980's cologne or perfume that I can't think of right offhand.

It's got that vibe: predatory power-hungry but conservative. Very dry. Too much so for me.

The oil was dark. And so is the scent: a dark greenish musk. Jury's still out on this one. I usually like musk scents, but I don't know what to make of this as of yet. Re-testing is called for.

ETA: Retesting. It is yes still a dark green musk, but it seems to have a touch of sweetness now. I have a lot of musk scents, and I usually like most musks. I don't know if I need a bottle or just a partial. I think that I would wear this in the autumn on rainy days.

Edited by thekittenkat

My first thought was that Reptoid Dominion reminds me of Hay Moon. It starts off like a dry, dusty hay smell with hints of baby powder and something like orange citrus. As it dries down, it takes on more of a musky, sour men's cologne feel and the citrus-y qualities morph from orange to something like lemon drops on m skin. Something about it is too baby powdery and too much like dusty hay for me. The overall mix is really gross and dirty smelling on me, and I found myself wanting to wash this scent off after a half hour...

Edited by Little Bird

Hmm, I don't really like this one. I like musks, but this is a very strong, dusty musk that doesn't suit me. There's a musty quality to it that reminds me of patchouli, maybe. Going to wash it off. :(

A murky, evil musk. I'm picking up an almost ozone/aquatic hint on the surface, and it's also a bit soapy. Glad I tried it but...no.

Musk, with a sharp pop of something else. I think it's citrus, maybe lime. Also has something of a herbal quality. This is kind of interesting, very unusual. I don't know how it suits me though, I'll have to test it again. I am thinking I might end up buying a bottle.

Edit: NO. A little while after I wrote this initial post, it went terribly, terribly wrong. I don't know what it smells like, but musty, mildewy, dusty basement mixed with rubber tires is pretty close. Really gross, definitely not buying a bottle.

Edited by stitchpirate

Dark, gritty, and smoky. HELLO VETIVER! A little chemical, maybe like asphalt? Reminds me a bit of Sky City After, as well as Brimstone. I get maybe some black amber in the distance, but musk, where is the musk? I get NO musk of any sort. Apparently alien musk is nothing like earthly musks.

Bitter, soooooo bitter, sharper and harsher on my skin, with a sour sort of anise note. It reminds me vividly of something but I can't place it. Some sort of spice, but stale and without its full kick. I also think there is saffron on this, giving me some chemical sharpness, and the vetiver is rooty and gritty...but there is an even rootier, earthier note - why hello, black patchouli. It's just a gang of black nasties. I do get a hint of dark sweetness that could be the black amber I initially suspected, or else black currant - I'm remind of the Ares blend with the black currant and saffron.

This is morphing a lot even though it's slow to dry. It's going realllllly dusty in the 'bitter black incensey cloud' way that can only be myrrh. Thus, so far, this is turning into my nightmare scent, full of notes I detest. The spice has a peppery tinge...maybe it's mace? I also get some woodiness, that reminds me a lot of the scorched black sandalwood note in Hellion. There is a lot going on in this scent; it's complex and multifaceted like a black gem with rainbow, oil-slick shimmer. Except that this is not a shimmery scent at all, it's matte, dust-covered, smoky, opaque and merciless. And absolutely malevolent.

This shit doesn't dry, but it amps (the only of the entire Black Helicopter line to amp on me, naturally). This is also reminding me of Fuwa from the Sakura-con line, but with this odd sourness that MUST be due to the black currant. But it almost smells like - a poisonous dark berry. It's not a juicy fruity note, nor is it that urine-y type, but it's more - dusty and black and wild, brambly. As I said, it's like this scent smells different every time I sniff it, constantly changing, tumultuous. But it's been not even a half hour and with my weak stomach these days, I'm going to have to wash this off before it amps further. This is a terrifying scent that I cannot imagine someone wearing as a perfume, unless they were maybe a psychopath or serial killer. It has a deep evil vibe.

I may have nightmares. :ack:

Vetiver, and some green, citrusy musk. The musk reminds me to the musk used in Pollution, and yes, it sort of evokes a slightly more malevolent Jean Nate.

As it dries, it gets just smoky and slightly more sour, and just more evil. I think I will go try this on the hubby, since one of his BPAL standbys is Pollution and this strikes me as a slightly grittier and more smoky Pollution.

Dirt to start. The dirt fades and I get a soft powdery floral. Finally it becomes a soft musk, but not a big thrill on me.

I agree with the reviewer above. In the bottle, it has the same smoldering asphalt smell as "Sky City After" but the dry-down is much smoother and sweeter. Personally I love this scent--and I'm not a psychopath or a serial killer --Fairynymph, you made me laugh today!! :lol:

In my locket, the dark, herbal quality is more pronounced, with a freshness that reminds me of a stream in a deeply shaded forest. The wet herbs and shrubs provide a dark enclave for our reptilian masters. It is a power scent, but like a slithering reptile, it's quick, beautiful, and subtle.

LaurieB, are we the only ones who loves this stuff? :lol:

Fairnymph, "psychopath... serial killer..." :ack: :thud: :lol:

From start to finish, I get a soft, almost (freshwater) aquatic, almost sweet musk. This reminds me very strongly, though I haven't done a side by side, of Banded Sea Snake minus the saltiness. Like they're kissing cousins. BSS is one of my top ten favs, so of course Reptoid Dominion is going to be right up there for me also. Wearing it sort of makes me feel a little slinky and I like that. :) There's really nothing not to like about RD.

I'm testing a decant and hoping like super crazy bad that I can pick up a bottle before they come down. :wub2:

:::REPTOID DOMINION:::

alrep.gif

Malevolent, Super-intelligent, Paradimensional, Shape-shifting, Reptoid musk, eh? Joy!

The Black Helicopter series has been an exercise in unmitigated fondness, and deserves, truly, a spot of permanence in the BPAL GC.

Even before the bottle was picked up for a cursory sniff at the Bat's Day Black Market, the Sleestakesque little face making puppy-dog eyes proved an irresistable marketing scheme... This one just begged to be taken home!

A testimonial relating to the actual experience on the olfactory organs celebrating then?

From the Bottle: Great Scot, that is clever! Reptoid Dominion is ANYTHING BUT timid!

There is something in this that is sorta like the Lab's Leather note, but it... Isn't. Holy Habu, is that... Snakeskin?

This fragrance is very reptoid, and it's... Aroused.

Aroused?

Malevolent?

Super-Intelligent?

Probes, you say? As in plural?

*vapors*

Now, where could that exothermic refrigeration device have gone to?

Of course, it is only something Super-Intelligent that could smell THIS good!

There is a unique sort of spicy/woodsy/florally undertone to the Musk in this that is close to (possibly) Tobacco Flower, and yet also has a passing resemblance to one or more of the notes in Antikythera Mechanism... Too good to pass up!

On the Skin: Ooooh! Weird! When this was put on the wrist and held up for a sniff, it made TOTAL sense to use the tongue to smell more deeply!!!

*shudder*

This is sooooooo CRACKED OUT!

What fun the Labbies must have when things such as this are concocted!

What dread when they actually escape from the Lab!

Howls of laughter are virtually audible!

The sheer genius of BLACK phoenix Alchemy Labs scares the whites out the eyes!

Reptoid Dominion is, every drop, EXACTLY what it promised via the description.

How one even begins to take concepts that are pretty much limited to celluloid, tabloid, and urban legend and then translating them into an undeniable olfactory experience is a feat of superhuman proportions!

This is the sort of handiwork typically associated with the likes of demons or demigods!

Reptoid Dominion smells like the end of the concept of civilization... At least from the perspective of Homo Sapiens conceptualization.

Wickedly smart stuff!

Reptoid Dominion bypasses all etiquette and beats down the door in that old part of your brain that existed before that new-fangled, warm blooded idea thingy with "hair" on it.

Reptoid Dominion is an unblinking gaze, awake and aware during intergalactic commutes.

Reptoid Dominion makes clinical detatchment seem more like a yawn.

Roughly 90 minutes after its initial application, Reptoid Dominion sweetens; becomes more of a saurean softie...

A cuddlesome cobra.

A snugglesome slitherer.

On Him, Reptoid Dominion is astronomically accomplished.

Reptoid Dominion is cosmically curvaceous on Her.

Take advantage of the small remaining window and snatch one up!

5.5 out of 5!

Edited by impolight

I was already curious about this, but the mixed reviews made it a definite must-try for me. I'm kind of contrary sometimes and negative reviews just make me want to like a scent even more! :twisted:

"Synthetic" is the word that comes to mind. This is like a sinister green mist or gas, glowing, probably poisonous. You know instinctively that these reptilian beings do not have good intentions.

As a scent, this is somewhat complex and layered. There is a lighter powdery layer, with a bit of tart fruit, maybe blood orange. I keep thinking I smell the lab's opium note, which reminds me of chemicals and aerosol spray. But when I sniff up close there is a gritty, sour under-tone that is pretty evil. After a while, when the scent has had time to dry, I think I can smell some dry, brittle woods.

As a perfume, I don't love this, but I'm not running to wash it off, either. It reminds me of something I've smelled before, and it's driving me a little crazy trying to think of what.....something from Rappacini's Garden, maybe? Or one of the Faces Of Heroines scents, from a few years back?

But the concept and label art make this a keeper for me, for the time being. It's just too interesting a scent to let go.

Edit: One and a half hours after applying, this is reminding me of Antonino or Faiza, with less fruit.

Edited by Forspecial Plate

I love this.

I hate this.

This smells awesome.

This stinks really bad.

I love this.

Pesky superintelligent shapeshifters - they're always such a pain in the ass. Reptoid Dominion won't stay still long enough for me to decide whether I like it. The musk is really feral and animalistic, but it also has a slithery smooth side to it and there's definitely something green in here. Not like grass, and not like forest, more like the kind of fresh green you'd find in green disinfectant liquid. Which, strangely enough, smells pretty good in this.

Can't say I'm really picking up any vetiver (which usually announces itself most adamantly on my skin by turning into either poopy dirt or death stench). Oh wait.. maybe it *is* there, it's just lurking quietly. If it's not vetiver, then it's black musk or patchouli or.. you know.. someone from the black/brown family of notes. There's also something almost-minty-but-not-really-minty in here, when I take a big whiff, it's almost got a menthol vibe to it, but not quite. It's really sweetening up more as it dries - the musk isn't quite as dirty any more, and the green is also sweetening up.

Actually, I think I might love this - it's slinky and smart and scary, all at the same time. It's like how David Duchovny was hot in the X-Files, but much more so in Californication. Reptoid Dominion is something Hank Moody would wear.

This is rather a gentle musk in the imp, but on the skin, a different story. There is musk, alright, but there is something bitter here, and scaley. So yes, it does remind me of a reptile. I still smell the lovely musk underneath, and it certainly doesn't go with the strong 'whatever it is'. It is kind of like the smell of strong weeds being torn apart. Bitter and acrid and pretty much a disaster on my skin.

I finally got around to trying this one today. There's something in here that I strangely turn to a sort of dried chili pepper sort of thing. Not hothothot spicy. Just... *warm*. And there's something celery-like happening, too. And it's powdery. *So* not my sort of thing. I blame my skin chemistry, though, because this is most definitely not what it smelled like in the vial. On the up side, I'm not at work today, so I'm not sitting here thinking about whether my coworkers dislike it as much as I do, and I waited until well after 11am (I've been up for more than six hours already). The down side is that my skin really hangs onto this, so I'm going to have to take a shower and scrub this off, but I've got tiedye going in the bathtub, so that's going to have to wait a while.

As a side note, this is the first perfume oil I've ever tried that has caused the kat to stick his head down my shirt and sniff. I'm glad I tried it so I can stop wondering, but I'm even more glad that it was just a testable sniffie left over from a decant circle so I don't feel compelled to keep on trying to convince myself that I like it.

Powdery musk for me, with an undercurrent of something a little spicy. As it wears, there is a distinct masculine edge that comes out here. I like it, but I have several variations of dark musk scents so I don't think this warrants a spot in my collection. I like it, it's not bad, but it's just not memorable on me.

In bottle: Sharp ivy and musk, with something dark I can’t identify. Wet: This suggests something large and malevolent crashing through jungle, so I’m definitely thinking it fills the concept well. The reptile musk is weird and compelling. The whole thing smooths out as it warms, but goes weirdly citrusey. Dry: Weirdly spicey, but also powdery and a little rank. I think ythis musk and my naturally musky skin are having a throw down.

on me it has a soft side that's kind of herby and green, but there's an almost acrid bite. not quite astringent or lemony, just a sharp acrid bite over the softer layers. That fits the reptoid image - you don't even see the bite coming.

In the vial, musty, malevolent musk. Say that three times fast! :-) Color, brown/green.

Wet on my skin, oh HELL no. 30 seconds of that was enough to tell me to take it off. Frankincense frankincense frankincense or something like it. Migraine trigger of the highest order in that concentration. Let's hope I got it off fast enough.