Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Eve v2

Colourless oil. Fresh, bright, sour-sweet, tart and juicy green apple - with a hint of a slightly soapy, airy sort of blossom floral note behind it, possibly apple blossom. Springlike and youthful in feel.

Instantly much more floral - and there is a strong floral here I know, beyond the apple blossom of which I'm pretty sure. Something white? I'm not sure why my brain is broken. Possibilities that come to mind: narcissus, gardenia, neroli - there is sharpness to this blend.The apple is much fainter on my skin, instantly, than it was in the imp, and it has gone a bit artificial and fake, like the aftertaste of cheap sour apple candy. Still soapy in a slightly cleanerish way, like Comet - it makes me want to sneeze a bit.

This is going quite strongly to artificial plastic chemical YUCK on me which make me bet on narcissus strongly as one of the f florals (but there are a few here). If the oil weren't colourless, I'd almost suspect some dragon's blood too because this has that odd sweet floral cheap generic air freshener soapiness that makes my face itch. I do think there is some 'strong traditional most likely white floral' bc this has just turned so INTENSELY floral on my skin.

Oh, I'm an idiot - I know what the obvious classic floral is - ROSE! - and it's the exact same one from Rose Red 07 & 09. At this point about an hour in, the apple is 99% gone, leaving only a sticky artificial residue. But most of the plastic here is due to this rose note, which is the only one that goes plastic on me but in a very distinctive chemically way. I do still think there is some narcissus here because this is sharper and whiter feeling than Red Rose, and overall this blend reminds me a bit of Pride, which is a n/r blend.

Yep, this is all the sharp, chemical, plastic rose of the later Red Rose blends with some also sharp and a little plastic narcissus and definitely at least one other floral, since this has been going soapy on me from the other start - apple blossom can explain some of the soap, but not all. A faint trace of artificially flavoured sour apple candy, but really the apple was gone within minutes on my skin as usual and then it turned. Initially low throw, this amps up to have powerful throw then fades quite a bit.

:cry2: A major disappointment, but I'm very glad I finally got to try it thanks to the always fabulously generous bookandbroom. *hugs*

What she said. ;) There's an applish suggestion at the beginning, but then this hits my skin and just BLOOMS into vibrant rose – though to me it's less florists' lush red roses than it is slightly wild roses, growing on a bush in someone's backyard, a little forgotten, not quite tame. At least at first. And then it does the thing rose always does to me, which is call to mind those little rose-shaped soaps that certain grandmothers may have had in their soap dishes when I was small. It's an association that's hard to shake, I tell you. ;)

Again, the comparisons to the appley-rose of Rose Red 2005 are very apt.

I basically get a huge hit of apple blossom on wet, but as it dries, I get a fruity sort of rose.

And it dries to that... rose.

Glad I got to try this one, but it's not for me.

Eve v2 - This opens up as a bright, crisp, green apple and then it quickly becomes soapy-apple and rose, or maybe it's apple and soapy-rose. Either way, it's soapy and doesn't work on me. :(

I'd guess that there's apple blossom and rose in Eve v2. Apple blossom usually smells like green apple scented shampoo on me, and I'm getting that soapy, crisp apple smell here. I normally hate that note, but there's a sweet tea rose sort of scent in here as well, and the sweetness saves the blend from being too soapy for me. It winds up being a clean, sweet, slightly fruity red rose. It reminds me of The Rose, but softer and a bit cleaner smelling.