Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red bush tea, vanilla, white peach, golden amber, mandarin, lotus root, and myrrh.

I can't believe I am the first to review this. This is just absolutely beautiful. All of the notes blend together to make a soft, slightly fruit scent. The white peach and golden amber blend gently with the red bush tea leaving you with a soft red fruity tea scent. The Lotus root gives this a slight perfumey quality that keeps wafting in and out with the peach and amber. The mandarin is barely there. The myrrh keeps everything in check and as I said before...keeps it soft. Not powdery....just soft at least on my skin. I now see why this is called unveiled. It invokes the image of a woman running a soft, silky scarf across her face. This scent is truly a winner and I am glad to have a bottle.

I really wanted to love this, but golden amber and I have an iffy relationship. It is really pretty in the bottle, the white peach is amazing.

Wet: Glorious peach and the tea are working beautifully.

Drying: Oh no... amber and myrrh and plotting to take over. Please, I like peach and tea! You guys can hang out too, just quietly...please?

Dry: Headache inducing golden amber. Damn.

Edited by Xanon

This is really lovely - a juicy, fruity red/orange scent, sweet but not cloying. It all blends beautifully, though I do get the peach quite a bit - everything else melds together to give it some base and balance. I have no problem with amber, so I don't really notice it here, except perhaps as grounding the whole (and helping it last - this lasts quite well on me). Super nice!

Very nice! This is quite delicate on me, very feminine and "lady like". I think i primarily get the slightly tart-sweetness of the peach. And a hint of amber perhaps, giving it just a touch of powdery softness. I may be getting just a tad of vanilla and red bush tea, but they're in the background at the moment. I think this one will be really nice for spring time!

I was just decanting and couldn't help but dab a little of this one on after decanting the vials. It just smelled so soft and comforting in the bottle!

On my skin: I get mainly a nice soft sweet vanilla peach with a hint of tea and something slightly resiny that must be the myrrh. It is pretty good!

So far this one hasn't really changed much from application to dry down. It is still nice, light, and very comforting! :wub2:

Lotus of all manner seems to poison everything on me. Unveiled was no exception. Rancid grapefruit, with nary a dollop of sweetness. Had to wash it off twice, with alcohol.

This is a soft, perfumey scent on me; the notes blend together so it's difficult to make them out individually. It's kind of a sharp, citrusy scent, only slightly sweetened, with none of the creaminess of vanilla coming through. It's not bad, but I was hoping for something a bit more warm and lush, more amber and vanilla and less citrus and myrrh.

edit: Gave this another shot today and I may have been too harsh on it. It is a pleasant, soft scent, and I could make out the red tea note better this time around. The citrus elements aren't lemony-sharp or tropical, more like a warm, gentle orangey citrus. It's very light and subtle and not very sweet, which still makes it not really my thing, but it's still one of the better scents from this update that I've tried so far.

Edited by kerikeri

In decant: Sharp

Wet: Opens up with amber and myrrh. Getting some of the mandarin in the background.

Drydown: Fruitiness is coming out now. Citrus with some tea. No vanilla that I can pick up.

Later: Has some staying power. Medium throw. Very citrus, so if you like citrus, this might be worth trying.

I like this blend. It’s a nice balance. Going to test a second time before I decide on a bottle, but this is a possibility.

Testing these as I decant them out. In the bottle, I'm getting amber and what might be the tea, unsure, to be frank. On my skin, I think I'm getting the amber, the vanilla, the fruits, and the tea, can't be quite certain. We'll see what this one does. Ends up being mostly amber and myrrh, very unexpectedly manly, and faded quickly for me. Going to be passing this one on in sales, I think.

Edited by Venneh

generic gentle florals. i'm not sure why i'm reading florals out of this but i am. however i'm not much of a generic gentle florals type of a girl and this one was safe from me offering to swap my friend for it.

Oh my goodness. I did not expect this to be so lovely, but it is.

The main reasons I wanted to try this scent were the red bush tea, vanilla, peach, and myrrh. The combination sounded too amazing. Amber is good on me usually, but I'm not a huge fan of OVERLY amber scents, mandarin can be soapy on, and lotus I had no idea about. So I was hesitant to get a bottle straight away... I should have!

In the decant this is predominantly tea and fruity-ness. It smelled promising, but I was hoping for more myrrh. I don't know what red bush tea smells like, but this tea note reminded me very much of black tea sweetened with honey that has a slight bit of spice or depth to it (which is probably my delicious myrrh peeping through).

I HAD to try it immediately. I've been looking for a creamy, wonderful, tea scent! On my skin it remains more or less the same, BUT the myrrh makes a grand entrance and it's lovely! The amber peaks through slightly too helping out the myrrh. Overall it is a deep tea scent that is warm and fruity, but the fruit is more of a spice fruit without truly being spicy. Like peach dipped in resin.

If you have ever had Tangerine Orange Zinger tea by Celestial seasonings, it is VERY reminiscent of that scent. To me anyway, and seeing as I love that tea I was so excited. The only real difference is that the vanilla and myrrh add a creamy deepening and the mandarin/peach is not as strong.

This also fades quite well with the fruits fading and the scent becoming overall more meshed together and like delicious warm tea. Throw is average.

Ah. Gorgeous! I know that may have all been quite confusing up there so I'm going to summarize this scent as a red tea, peach, mandarin, and myrrh scent. Overall, warm and red-ish golden with a slight spice to it. So very comforting and lovely. I need a bottlleee! :wub2:

Very pale yellow oil. Sweet, mildly fruity, and quite herbal - that must be the rooibos dominating - also pretty spicy from some mysterious source. I get a definite sense of golden warmth and unfortunately a little bitter-dusty myrrh. No apparent mandarin and the white peach is not syrupy cloying as it typically is. Faint vanilla.

Foodier. This reminds me a LOT of some other oil, I'm pretty positive a weenie - maybe one of the Pumpkin Patch blends or Fearful Pleasure? Definitely autumnal mulling spices, some cinnamon and dry ginger. The rooibos continues to dominate, and this is even less sweet (it was only lightly sweet in the imp) on my skin. I do get a bit of mandarin now, so this is a bit brighter and fresher, and I get a wee bit more vanilla, though it's not a very sweet/rich/creamy type. The lotus root, if it's here, is sort of rooty and maybe it's the spicy note, but it's not anything like lotus flower. I think it's the earthy-spicy note I'm getting.

Very slow oil to dry, but the white peach is amping and for once I'm glad - this scent needs some more sweetness at this point. More vanilla too and the mandarin is holding - it reminds me of canned mandarin, in a good way - sweet not tart, more subdued than juicy though sniffing closely I do get a lovely tart edge. The rooibos is softening and allowing the sweet notes to come forward, and the lotus root and myrrh are unfortunately present but at least not amping. The spiciness, though, has faded a bit. Still, I get an autumnal feel. The amber is playing very nice on me and reminds me of the note in L'Estate.

The fruits continue to amp over time, INCLUDING the mandarin which becomes more prominent and tartly juicy - this never happens! Maybe it's just the continued receding of the rooibos that makes it seem to be amping. The white peach is ALMOST too cloying but not quite - it's the best white peach blend I've tried (others made me ill). The vanilla's there but just not strongly. Unfortunately the lotus root and myrrh have amped making this more rooty-earthy and dusty-incensey, respectively. The amber has amped too and gone a bit perfumey-powdery and plastic - combined with the now stronger sweetness I'm reminded unfortunately of O.

It does go oddly sour on me, like 'rancid grapefruit' as tarotgirl put it, and it also fairly soapy after a while. It becomes muddled - if I search hard I can find all the notes, except for the rooibos which is either no longer distinct or completely gone. This is slightly sour and slightly sweet and slightly fruity warm dusty incensey MYRRH after a few hours with some extra rooty sweetness I attribute to the lotus root. It's a strange scent but reminds me strongly of the Salon blend, Silence. Good throw and excellent longevity.

Alas, not for me as I rather expected. Myrrh and lotus root are never wearable.

Wow, this is much different than I expected from the notes. I expected a bright springy scent of fruit and tea.

While not what I expected, it's beautiful.

In the bottle: Warm, orangey tea. Spicy and warm, must be the myrrh and amber. This isn't a spring scent at all, it's very much late fall or mid winter, when it's cold outside and you're cuddled up inside with a blanket.

The notes I can actually smell once it's on: Tea, mandarin, myrrh, and amber. No vanilla, peach, or lotus root (although I'm not sure what lotus root smells like, so I wouldn't recognize it anyways).

This is VERY well blended and melds together nicely.

On, wet: spicy orange tea.

Dry: Spicy orange tea with something bright (maybe peach is making an appearance!) and grounding (could be the lotus root, but damned if I know)

Very pretty. I'm hoping this one ages well though, because it's not something I'll reach for in spring or summer. It's going to have to wait until fall to be added to daily wear rotation.

In sum: Warm and comforting.

ETA: After an hour or so, this hovers dangerously close to potpourri territory. It never gets there, and at about hour 2, it turns absolutely gorgeous. All the notes blend seamlessly. At the start this could be unisex, but by the end, it's very much feminine.

It easily lasts all day.

Edited by moosue

In the decant: Fruity flowers, with a bit of a snap at the end.

Wet: Warm and sexy.

Drydown: It opens with peach, which then runs into the amber, ending with a bit of citrus. I think that’s the snap I smelled in the imp. My husband thinks it smells like potpourri. He may be somewhat correct.

Later: Warm ambery citrus. I think I like it. It fades rather quickly, though. I may or may not get a bottle. Thank goodness I have a little time to decide.

Wet: It is quite peachy yet with something warm like autumnal spice.

Drying: Flowers...lotus is that you? Kind of sweet and bubblegummy yet still sharp thanks to the peach. Spice seems to be fading.

Dry: Peach and citrus.

I like this. It's very nice and understated yet still classy and fresh. I will have to wear it on its own (and not with the three other scents that I just tried!) to fully decide but I do think I will wear this again.

Unveiled smells a lot better in the bottle than it does on my skin. It smells sort of juicy, peachy, breezy, and refreshing in the bottle.

On my skin, it's suddenly very dry and spicy (perhaps the tea and amber?). It smells a lot like autumn potpourri - dry leaves and cheap cider spice. I've been having better luck with wearing spice scents lately, but this is the sort of spice that overwhelms and gives me a bad headache. My skin chemisty does have a tendency to amp up spiciness, though. It also made my wrist red and itchy where I applied the oil :/.

I can see how this would be pretty on someone else, but it's cheap spice potpourri on me :(

Unveiled – I should love this. Every note in this usually smells good on me (with the exception of tea, which is “iffy”) and every ingredient in the list looks like it should work so well with the others – and when sniffing the oil in the bottle, it smells gorgeous – like a citrus-peach tea with a drop of vanilla. However, when it touches my skin, something in it goes off, and it turns rancid and sour. It smells like a bushel of fruit that has become over-ripe and is turning brown and mushy. It’s terribly sad that something about my particular skin chemistry can make such a pretty fruity scent become so wonky and sour on my skin. I’m sad.

I'm not sure what it is with peach blends, but either they make a blend smell incredible, or I end up disliking the scent and washing it off. Unveiled doesn't really fall into either category. It starts off strong peach, but then quickly fades. Nothing in this blend is really popping out here. The notes are well mixed and in the end leave me with a pretty scent, but nothing incredible. I really wanted this to work well for me, but it's just okay.

Very delicate, and I can smell the tea. Not what I was expecting, given how myrrh and vanilla tend to be so powerful(in a good way!) on my skin.

I do wonder how this will change, if given a little time to age?

I thought I would love this scent for the tea, peach and vanilla. Unfortunately, when I first put it on, it smelled just generically perfume-y. Kinda like a cheap floral perfume. But I didn't want to give up. For some reason, when I re-applied later that night, it really bloomed into something much better.

Now it is VERY strong tea, with peach in the background. I can see where it was just plain perfume to me...that's probably from the tea. But now that my nose is a bit more clear (little cold here) it's clear to me that it's fruity tea.

But where is the vanilla? I don't get it at all. I think I'm going to pass on the bottle, but there's something in the back of my head that thinks I could regret that. I will at least test again when I am definitely over my cold. I wonder if the vanilla would come out with age.

In bottle/imp: Soft peach blossom.

Immediately on skin: This scent is light and pretty. It’s like a perfume-y light peach floral scent with a touch of warm amber and citrus.

After a little while: This scent is pretty much the same as when I first applied it, a pretty, light, perfumey floral peach blend with a touch of amber and citrus. Very feminine and delicate, but not boring.

Overall Impressions: This scent is very pretty and girly. Peach is the most identifiable note but it’s not really overwhelming. It’s a soft, pretty floral peach scent with a bit of citrus and warm amber. I wish it were a little creamier, but it’s still very nice.

Thank you Dark Alice, for coming to my aid in trying this!! :glomp:

On, the red bush tea comes out strong and dominates with a kind of spicy base that stays pretty strong. I get the peach as well but it's a gentle peach, not in your face and not too sweet but there and very juicy smelling. After a bit, the vanilla comes through and sweetens everything up a bit...but not too much. It's more a very subtle vanilla that you can't really tell it's VANILLA than anything. I don't get much mandarin at this point or myrrh but that's ok with me.

It's settled into this spiced tea/soft peach/vanilla scent that I really like. Soft yet alluring. I just don't know if I would wear it enough to warrant a bottle.

I love peaches, I love amber, I love vanilla, I love tea scents, so I should love Unveiled, right?

Not so much.

It smells fantastic in the bottle and I was really excited about the decant I got, but when I put it on the red bush tea dominates and it is super spicy and super strong, and drowns out the other notes completely. It's so spicy, in fact, that it eventually gives me a headache and I have to wash it off. Very sad. :(

oh WOW. lucky for me, i am not a hoarder. this is the most golden-sweet thing i have ever smelled. something about the combination of notes makes it not strike me as peach at all. the tea anchoring the fragrance is almost like a soft warm musk. on me, no one thing dominates: it's perfectly blended. there was a YSL scent called champagne, that then they changed the name of and i don't remember what it is now, but this is akin to that - only better.