Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lucretia

Penis Admiration

Lilac, ho wood, smoky vanilla, galbanum, and tonka.

In the imp: The sweet tonka and vanilla are top notes, with a touch of the lilac as well.

Wet: Tonka and yummy vanilla are being slightly tempered by the lilac, and there's also a hint of a light wood as a base note.

Dry: There is a touch of galbanum, but it's not too bitter and it's keeping this scent from being too much of a floral candy, but it's really not that foodie. :) The lilac is more obvious as it dries down. This is a good sweet springtime scent; in the dry-down it loses the headiness of the foodie tonka and vanilla, and surprisingly becomes more of a light sweet floral, but always with some richness to anchor it. The smokey vanilla note is just wonderful. For a masculine name, this is rather girle, but in a good way. I like it a lot and must get more.

Lilac, vanilla and a touch of wood. Overall, it's a very LILAC blend on me.

Unfortunately, lilac and I don't get along...

bottle: very, very sweet vanilla and tonka with a touch of woodsy floral.

wet: this is a bit more floral once applied... but then it just vanishes! all the vanilla and wood just disappear leaving only a faint sweet floral.

dry: as this dries the notes re-emerge, this is more of a sweet, creamy wood scent on my skin. not much throw but decent staying power.

I was worried about this one because woody scents often don't work on me. When wet, I stopped worrying about the wood and thought "Uh oh - FLORAL." It isn't that I necessarily object to floral scents - in fact, there are some that I like very much. It's just that it isn't what I expected here. Ahhhhh but the dry down is so very satisfying. It's subtle and creamy and sexy and I'm going to hoard as much of this as I can.

Totally jealous of all of you that get amazing scents out of this. I ended up with something that smells (to my nose) like buttered popcorn. I have no idea why, but my skin just did odd things to it.

At first, this is all about the lilac. And a warning, a little goes a LONG way. It dries to a dusty, spicy floral. The lilac initially scared me off from originally getting a decant, but decided to track one down later. The tonka and smoky vanilla add a nice touch to this along with the spicy lilac. Surprisingly, this 'just' about made the bottle list, if it weren't for a strong, pungent odor that smells like ammonia to me. It's not all the time, I just get infrequent wafts of it. Sooo, almost a surprise hit, from a gal that really doesn't go for florals.

This is lilac and woods on me, with the lilac swallowing up the sweetness of the vanilla. It's smoky, almost hazy, so at first it seems like a warm, dark scent. Over time, though, the smokiness lets up, and it becomes a brighter floral, like...sitting inside on a warm day with the window open, and the lilacs are so close to the window they're almost swaying inside. Lilac usually strikes me as powdery, but this is more like...lilac tea, almost. Not powdery, but intensely liquid lilac.

To my nose this comes across as a very, very strong lilac blend. It smells just like sticking my nose in a bouquet of very fragrant lilacs. Although I love lilacs, this is just too heady for me.

In the vial, it smells like movie popcorn butter. WTF?! Color, cream yellow.

Wet on my skin, kettle corn. Huh? This is, by far, the weirdest smelling perfume I've ever found.

10-15 minute drydown - Creamy vanilla lilac. Ok, that's better. That initial scent was something else...

1 hour drydown - There's something kinda addictive about this one... I keep sniffing my arm.

6 hour drydown - There's just something inherently comforting about this one... I think it's the vanilla/tonka combination - it's very warm.

I like lilac, and I like this. Lilacs can get a bit heady for me, but it's smoothed out nicely with the vanilla and tonka. And there's definitely a woody (har har har) feel to it as well.

Quite lovely. Definitely keeping my decant. Might possibly want more. I already have a BPAL lilac blend that I like a lot (Ashlultum), but this one is sufficiently different that it's probably okay for me to have both!

Hmm, this is very nice! In the imp and wet, it is a very soft, close to the skin type of scent. As it dries down, the lilac becomes more prominent yet it never threatens to take over the blend.

After 30 minutes or so, the scent opens up and literally blooms on my skin: creamy, woodsy, warm and yet fresh at the same time thanks to the lilac note. Really lovely, and even though it has very decent throw, this is ultimately a subtle blend (provided you don't amp lilac to high heaven, I suppose).

I didn't think I would like this one. Maybe the name just threw me off.

I find it trying it out, that this blend and Gladdener of All Hearts have something in common: skin smell. Where Gladdener smells like a baby's newly washed head, PA smells like a different kind of washed head. It's a newly washed penis scent, if you've ever poked your nose around a man's showered penis like I have, it's got that smell. :) There is also another note I like around there, but this note I have only experiences in a Eris Tilt-A-Whirl blend (#83). It's a sort of metal skin note. Pink and grey colors come to mind in describing it. It's metal with a bit of salt and skin. Ok, a manly skin smell, but it does mimic how a penis smells...like the skin of it. Very odd and interesting.

After this skin scent, I can make out lilac and smokey wood on the dry down. It is a very pleasant scent. It's the mature version of Gladdener of All Hearts, the talc replaced with woods, the lavender with lilac, but the feeling of warm clean skin still exists. I like it a lot!

Edited by Madame Nyx

In the Vial: Smoky, sweet lilac and woods, and... something else. Something animalistic, but human. Like slick, sweaty skin. It's undeniably sexy. And is there a teensy bit of chocolate in here?

Wet: Immediately gets warm and woodsy, and then the vanilla starts to shine. It's certainly smoky, but creamy at the same time. Then the lilac starts to kick everything else in the face. And then... it's powdery Play-Doh. WHAT.

Dry: Okay, I think the Play-Doh stage is passing. It's now more of a creamy, spicy lilac. It's beautifully sweet if I sniff lightly an inch or two above my hand, but if I stick my nose right in it and huff, it's less sweet and more floral, even borderline herbal. This may just be the power of suggestion, but it still gives me the feeling of sweaty sex.

An Hour Later: Pretty much the same, although it is edging towards rancid butter territory. Yay funky skin chemistry.

Overall: One of the better lilac blends I've tried - I like how it's not fresh, pretty lilac, but creamy, sexy lilac. I'm worried about it going bad on me, though. This will get a second test in a few weeks.

In the vial: Lots of vanilla and tonka with a hint of lilac and just a smidgen of sharp wood.

On: Thick, heavy, creamy vanilla with lilac and galbanum. Mhmmm... almost good enough to eat (but I'm happy it's only an "almost", as I still have issues of smelling like something I would like to bite into XD). As it dries down, the creamy notes recede just a little and let the lilac come out a bit more. Niiice.

Later: Creamy, but non-foody and slightly smoky vanilla and lilac. I like this. And I have to keep the decant for the name alone (telling people I'm wearing this is even funnier than talking about Sacred Ho XD ).

Sweet, hot, buttery, salty, creamy skin and green lilac stems. Weeeeeird!!! DH says it smells like being at the beach.

When I open the imp I smell sharp, tart lilac. Freshly applied, I get big springtimey floral lilac, and then ho wood and vanilla start to play out--it's nice in this stage, as I like lilac and the ho wood and vanilla make it creamy and warm. Then it smells really familiar.. It reminds me of Lysander, with the main notes of lilac and tonka. Lysander was wonky and unbalanced on me, with the cool floral and the creamy tonka never melding, but Penis Admiration seems to work better. Lilac and tonka hold together somewhat more successfully with a hint of dry ho wood and galbanum, and the sweet vanilla covers over any weirdness.

But soon, the vanilla fades back behind lilac and tonka, and the scent becomes strange and curdled and schizoid and it doesn’t work at all. I don't know how to describe it, other than it's a jarring disconnect between the feel of two sides of the blend, as if mixing orange juice and milk (but instead mixing lilac and tonka), and two good things make something gross. :huh?:

Verdict: Lilac and tonka are both notes I really like in other contexts, so I always expect to love a blend like this. But the effect of them together on my skin has been consistently weird and Penis Admiration is no exception. Sort of like moldy maple syrup. Distinctly off, faintly nauseating.

I can't believe I got rid of my bottle. :cry2: I'm lucky I still had a decant...

Normally lilac isn't a scent I gravitate towards, and my impatience with the blend before caused its aforementioned removal from my stash. But, tastes and scent chemistries change, so I pulled out my decant today to give Penis Admiration another try. Man, I wish I had kept the bottle! The opening/wet stage is definitely lilac-dominant, but my now more-seasoned nose can detect the vanilla and soft wood in the background. The latter two notes unfurl further as Penis Admiration dries, with a tiny bit of galbanum peeking out every once in a while to ground the blend just slightly. Then the tonka slips in, giving such a sweet tint to an already beautiful blend. Penis Admiration sticks close to the skin, but I wouldn't say it has weak throw--more like the kind of smell you want people to come in for a closer sniff, not for it to run out and hit people with its scent.

For having a name like Penis Admiration the blend is incredibly feminine. I must hunt down a bottle!

This is like Hungry Ghost Moon (I have the 2011 version) on me. Looking at the notes, I see smoky vanilla and ho wood in common. Both are beautiful, faintly fruity, refined and sensual, but Penis Admiration has a sometimes salty warm skin impression, and no foody initial throw, like Hungry Ghost Moon does (the rice). I like them both. Maybe a slight preference for the initial wet stage of Penis Admiration, but on the drydown HGM wins, as Penis Admiration goes to an expensive, perfumey powder after about an hour. Still pretty and sexy, but less interesting than its initial stage.

Okay, it seems like I just death matched these two, but I'm glad I have a bottle of HGM, and one on the way for PA. There's room for both, and they're quite nice layered, too.

I got my decant of PA for the name (snicker), but I really like it as a sexy warm, but not slutty, perfume. It's just one of those feel-good scents, and fine for wearing at home alone in my PJ's.

Penis Admiration has the same lilac note as Ville-Marie. It's altogether quite a fresh, sweet lilac. On drydown the vanilla shows up making it nice and creamy. I like it a lot, it's an innocent (despite it's name teehee) creamy floral suitable for daily wear.

ETA: after an hour there is a spicy wood scent mixing with the lilac and cream yummy.

Edited by Monday

I got strong lilac with a touch of woods. I don't think the woods did anything good for the lilac, because it took on a sort of off note. I didn't get from the tonka and vanilla what I was hoping for, and overall this was a primarily lilac scent with an off note. Frownie.

ITI: Warm smoky vanilla with lilac undertones are the first notes I get. If I concentrate, I can detect a little tonka.

Wet: Tonka, vanilla, lilac, and just a hint of wood. It reminds me a little of baby oil's scent.

Dry: This one doesn't have too much longevity, as after 6 hours, I can only smell the vanilla.

Another one I thought I'd reviewed. This destash is being quite helpful :D

Ok, so I adore vanilla and the like (tonka/benzoin) and lilac is one of my very favorite florals so I got myself a bottle of this unsniffed. Lilacs are very evocative for me, my great-grandmother had a huge lilac bush in her yard that I used to play in. It was a castle, a secret hideout, anything my little mind could dream up. When she died, my mother took a cutting of that bush for our yard. Now that my mother is gone as well, I'm going to take a cutting from her plant for my yard. It's a living heirloom. In bottle, it's very creamy and vanillic, yum! I can just barely get a whiff of lilac. On, it's glorious vanilla! The lilac blooms quickly and this is a very languid, cozy scent to me. Luckily I don't get the idea of penises from this or it might damage my psyche considering my scent memories of lilac XD A very springy scent that reminds me of my childhood.

Like the member above, I, too, am destashing, so I'm doing a mad review spree. ;)

Penis Admiration reminds me of looking at, erm, SOMETHING :D and saying "Awwwh, that's adorable!" because, well, you're not sure what else to say. :P

It's a "cute" fragrance on me. It's mostly tonka, smokey vanilla, and lilac. There's a hint of what smells like marshmallow to me somewhere in there though, but it's the barest, barest of hints. There's no other note present throughout wear, and it's a pretty linear scent for me. I'm mostly through my bottle, but it's time to send it on to someone who might get something else other than "cute." :)

Wet; sweet as candy, light frothy vanilla/caramel milkshake.

It morphs quickly though, and on me the lilac comes out in a matter of seconds and then, there's the tonka. Really like it on drydown!!

There's the smoky note and wood (which is green-y on me somehow) that come in on drydown. Now it's more like a freshly cleaned furniture store, lol! Doesn't morph from there.

I like it, but I can't shake the furniture store outta my head!

Lilac is one of the few florals I really enjoy, and Penis Admiration has a lot of lilac. It’s surprisingly feminine given the name. On my skin I don’t get much wood, smoke or resin, but the lilac eventually melds with the vanilla and tonka, and the rest of the components are probably what are making this blend a little darker and smuttier than lilac and vanilla would suggest. Pretty decent wear length on me, too. I will definitely keep this decant to wear when the lilacs are blooming.