Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hkhm

Konseishin the Penis God

Apple blossom, champaca, fir needle, cistus, myrrh, Peru balsam, and Tan Xiang.

bottle: mostly champaca with a touch of myrrh and a bit of sweet apple blossom.

wet: there is a rich, creamy woody/piney note with the champaca now, the apple blossom has vanished though.

dry: the apple blossom has resurfaced! this has a rich woody feel with the sweet softness of light flowers. this is a beautiful early spring scent.

This scent is perfectly fitting for a Penis God :lol: . This scent is one of my favorites- complex, sexy, strong and masculine.

The myrrh is just gorgeous, I was worried about the champaca but thankfully it stayed in the background and is well blended with the other notes. I'm hardly getting any apple blossom at all, which is fine by me, it's also very well blended in there (perhaps the apple blossom is in there to prevent it from getting too masculine). I also get some get pine, resins and smokiness, and the Tan Xiang is a really nice sandalwood. . Very well blended.

Konseishin the Penis God - This is a really lovely scent. It reminds me a lot of Faunalia without the musk. The fir needle is the dominant note on me, with white sandalwood right behind it. The apple blossom isn't present at all (which is good since it goes soapy on me) and thankfully, the Peru balsam is also not very strong at all (since balsam and I don't get along). The myrrh is soft, but adds a nice level of texture to this scent. It's mostly a fir/sandalwood/myrrh scent on me. Overall, this is a really lovely scent. But on me, it's so similar to Faunalia, that now I'm wondering which of them I want more -- the resiny-forest goodness of this one, or the musky-forest goodness of Faunalia. Hard choice. Maybe I can have both? :D

This doesn't feel masculine to ME at all!

This is bright apple blossom with peppery spices and sweetness, blending together beautifully into a seamless, rich scent. I have to say I'm really surprised by how much I love this one -- I bought the decant on a total whim, thinking hey! champaca! It's very beautiful.

As it dries down I'm getting some "perfumey" qualities -- that kind of biting scent -- and I think it's the balsam. In any case, it's still spicily beautiful, and I am still lovin' it!

eta: BOO, HISS. This gave me a migraine. Had to wash off. Swap pile.

Edited by Katherynne

The champaca seems to be the most dominate note on my skin with the fir needle and myrrh right behind it. Unfortunately, I get no apple blossom. :( The balsam does come out a bit once dry, but all together this is a nice smokey pine blend. Strong and slightly masculine ... so this scent is definitely not for me.

In the bottle and on my skin at first, this is warm and sour and kinda reminds me of urine. :ack:

As this dries down, more of the fir note comes out, and it's also a bit on the floral, perfumey side of things. I'm used to evergreen notes smelling kind of cold, but this blend has a warm, sour, salty quality to it that I hate. And within a half hour, this turns intensely baby powdery with a hint of soap, like someone tried to clean up the nastiness that this was and just made it worse.

This is just awful on me in every way...

Edited by Little Bird

This is one of those "gee, I'm glad I got a decant of this" blends. Not one I'd usually go for, I decided to get a decant.

Fresh on: Ooooh! Pretty (Really. That's what my testing notes say. And that's it.)

This is a masterful blend - I get no apples, no champaca, no pine. Just a blend of soft pinkish floral perfume. Then comes this strange musty note, but that's just a "bridge" from the florals to the woods. The must goes away & sandalwood - really really good sandalwood - comes out & joins the pretty pinks. I love this.

This is the oddest scent. When sniffing close up, I get nothing. "Damn! This fades fast!" But from time to time I get soft wisps of prettyness floating around me. Yeah. Bottle.

eta: Short version: Korean incense with a bit of watermelon floating through it when wet.

Edited by surlygurl

In bottle: This is lovely. The fir is marginally strongest, but all the elements are beautifully present. It is delicate and atmospheric. Wet: The balsam comes out more on the skin, taking fir’s place at the top. It stays androgynous, though the apple blossom comes out a little more too. This smells like a damp morning in spring. I really like it. Dry: Not quite as lovely, but still interesting Myrrh dominant.

Addendum: I appear to be allergic to something in here.

Edited by Gwydion

Wet: ZOMG FIR AND BALSAM. Wet this is a very sappy, pine-y, astringent scent. However ...

Drydown: On me, this morphs almost immediately. As soon as it dries, the apple blossom comes out and starts to dominate the scent, along with another floral (I guess the champaca?) and the fir and balsams quickly give way. They are still there, but only to ground the scent. This ends up being very pretty, a sweet, earthy floral.

I quite like this, and it is definitely the surprise of the luper decants I got! I think apple blossom might be one of my favorite notes.

Edited by Ellebelle

On the skin: Fir, myrrh, and.... Hmmmm. A very strong woodsy scent. After a bit, it is all fir on me. Can't smell anything else...

Not for me. *sigh*

Note: I do not know what Tan Xiang is.

In the imp: Sweet fir needles.

Wet: This is nice at the moment. I suspect the apple blossom is the sweetening agent, along with the balsam.

Dry: Sadly, the sweet woods seem to drying and thinning out, but it's a slow process. I was hoping that this would be more like the evergreen woods perfumes that Beth creates for the Yules. This is more of a skin scent. It's six of one, half-a-dozen of the other if I need a bottle or not, as I have many evergreen woods scents already.

This smells like baby powder and plastic. Plastic from barbie doll, plastic wrap, plastic dildos....:eek: So not a fan of this one...but I am glad I got to try it.

On wet, this actually reminds me of hair salons - fake apple blossom floral with a chemical edge to it. As it dries, I get more of the fir needles and balsam.

Not my style at all.

Sweet sweet powder! I'm getting all sorts of lovely and warm scents here. It's a little spicy and sweet floral. A little bit dry like powder, but not in a baby powder kind of way.

This was a spur of the moment decant that I am really glad I ordered. Full disclosure: I am a pine person, so the fir & balsam were actually the draw in the description for me.

Wet, I get all that fir and balsam. The myrrh and sandalwoods come out and make the pine & balsam feel "full" as it begins to dry. This takes on a light, spring-y blend after a bit- I think it might be the apple blossom. Something is just on the edge of going powdery on me, but it doesnt quite. Really beautifully blended, all the notes are there but nothing overpowers. Nice..

ETA- on a whim again, I grabbed a bottle before the Shungas disappeared. I actually really, really like this blend. The fir & balsam are gentle and sort of work, oddly, so that I think I have found my long awaited 3rd bedtime blend. (I can't do lavendar, I'm allergic, but I need relax-y blends. Sudha Segara, Water of Notre Dame, and now Konseishin the Penis God...) Yum, and :)

Edited by biocarolyn

This smells like baby powder and plastic. Plastic from barbie doll, plastic wrap, plastic dildos....icon_eek.gif So not a fan of this one...but I am glad I got to try it.

This made me laugh and laugh! :rofl: I'm so glad this was not what I got from this! (though honestly, it is a little plasticky in the imp, but not barbie doll and plastic dildo level, thankfully!) :rofl:

And I'm also glad I only have a little partial impsy, because this is just not my thing. In the imp, beyond the plastic, I get some fir, which seems promising, but when I put it on, wooosh! In comes the champaca shouldering its way in and say "WE"RE HERE!" (we would be florals). Champaca! Apple blossom! Generic flowered soap! We're all here!

All I get is a soapy floral. Maybe with a hint of the plastic shrink wrap the soap came in.

Not my thing. And surprisingly clean and delicate for a penis god, but hey, maybe he's a CLEAN (and plastic?) penis god! :lol:

EDIT: While going through my imp box I found this again, and retried it this morning. I think I was having an off-nose day when I last reviewed this, or my nose just wasn't as well-trained as it is now, but I got a totally different experience!

I'm not sure how Konseishin could be classified as a masculine scent. Yes, there's a definite woodsy undercurrent with the fir and balsam, but the apple blossom, myrrh, and champaca add a sweetness to the blend that prevents it from going manly. Looking up what tan xiang is, apparently it's East Indian sandalwood, which explains the almost milky quality to this blend. I don't know what cistus (rockrose, according to Wikipedia) smells like, but I think it's safe to assume it's the slightly spicy floral I'm getting whiffs of now and then.

Quite lovely blend. I'll need to hunt down a bottle. :wub2:

Original review:

Another one of those weird blends I just can't smell. I get a vague hint of flowers, and that's it. I had the same problem with Three Brides, so I'll have to compare their notes and see if they have anything in common I might be anosmic to.

Edited by thatbrownelf

To my nose: Green apples and myrrh!

On: My God, this is sour. fear.gif I do smell apples, but this is something...weird. sooo sour. And as soon as I put it on I got red and itchy. and it's just..yuck.

The sour smell continued to bug me, and the itchyness didn't stop. So I washed it off. Ew.

I've never gotten a reaction for the other notes before, I'm suspecting it might be either the Peru balsam or Tan Xiang. I've tried one other blend with Peru balsam and that was VILF, and even though it didn't work on me - I didn't get red and itchy.icon_sad.gif