Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Patchouli, frankincense, olibanum, thyme, cocoa absolute, Peru balsam, oakmoss, and juniper.

I remember this one being thick, cloying, and pretty overwhelming when I first tried it back when it came out and kind of smelling like a can of Coke. A few months later has done wonders :) I can see where people get the medicinal, but this is warm and sweet like herbs and caramel. Very interesting! Not sure if it's particularly for me, but I'll let it age a bit more.

ETA: Sorry self, but after a few months of sitting on this one it went back to Coke. Boo.

In the vial, that is just plain odd. Cocoa, patchouli, oakmoss, and juniper. I really don't know what to think about this one yet. Color, bronze.

Wet on my skin, Well. That is *very* masculine. Not unpleasant, just very masculine. Mostly patchouli...

10-15 minute drydown - Huh. Now it's patchouli, cocoa, oakmoss, juniper, and balsam. And it's quite nice. Not *bottle* nice, but not bad.

It was too sharp and too strong when I first got it. So i've let it age, wich did wonders to pachouli as it always does. It's perfect now. It is masculine, but I can pull it of, since me and pachouli are in love. Strong oakmoss, too, but I like it in this, and the rest of the notes are very well blended and give it some strange freshness. I think that this really is something that gives confidence, that should be worn when you need a bit more courage.

Edited by milica

Decant: pine-y, resin-y, incense-y earthy goodness

Wet on Me: deep love in a huff. I get pine and cocoa and resin and patcchouli and dark winter's forest with this

Drying Down: now I'm getting some wood tones in the blend. I'm huffing my arm like a hound dog on the trail!

Dry: DUDE! This is sooo amazing. Now I'm huffing my arm like a junkie on a crack pipe. What a blend. Need to hoard! Beth shoots she scores! 8 out of 5 100% WOWZA!

I love the combination of cool juniper and dark patchouli in this. The juniper smells medicinal, like menthol. The thyme note is also present, however, I’m not picking up any cocoa or frankincense at all. Sadly, the earthy, musty oakmoss is amping on my skin, as usual, shoving all the other notes aside and singing, “Here I am! I smell like mold and dirt!”

My Enyalios story. I'd never heard of it, missed this entire release I guess. ... Saw the notes while searching every single review to compile an ultimate wishlist and thought "There is not one single note in this that I don't love" but rarely saw it on a sale/swap list ... Awesome forumite with whom I swapped sent me a sniffie ... I fell in love ... And then the LAB put up a bottle on eBay and it was mine! Huzzah!

IN THE IMP: Spicy, tangy, and definitely what Ravyn said, "can of Coke." And "can of Coke" happens to be one of my very favorite BPAL types. Maybe I should start a thread in the recommendations section for "Coca Cola" scents! I want them all! Also, this was very syrupy.

Because, at the time, I was testing from a sniffie, I couldn't slather (I would have, based on notes and test sniff). Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Divinely resiny, absolutely Coca Cola-ish, also quite herbal (the thyme, I'm sure), plus the perfect degree of patchouli. The cocoa (a very not-as-sweet cocoa, as opposed to, say, the chocolate in Bliss or Gelt or Velvet) is much more prominent upon application and while it's not SWEET SWEET, its sweetness does add immensely to the overall blend and keeps it from being potentially too masculine or feral.

DRYDOWN: It's really the perfect blend of frankincense-patchouli-cocoa. Absolutely fantastic.

OVERALL: Maybe a top 10 scent. Damned close. SOOOO thrilled to have gotten the 5 ML from the Lab and now can slather.

On a scale of 1-5, a 5.

I've loved this oil ever since it came out, but never had more than a decant until now. I also didn't feel like wearing it all the time, since it IS quite masculine and I'm not always in the mood for that, but when I wear it, I really, really love it. :wub2:

Enyalios is warm and cozy and basically, an anti-perfume. It smells so natural, and it has none of the things I hate about men's perfumes (ozone mostly). It's all forest floor in the sunshine. I think I might amp oakmoss. I love oakmoss, but the right dosage/percentage of it in a blend is essential. I always feel it gives that hint of dry earth and woods having baked in the mediterranean sun. Warm, spicy, outdoorsy. Enyalios has just the right amount of oakmoss for me and it is framed by the perfect companion notes, too.

I might not want to wear it to the office, especially since it is a bit strong and I have let my colleagues know that their perfumes and deodorants trigger my scent allergies (they do, not shitting anyone.), but also because it is more of a favourite blanket type of scent. I wanted to say it is also a blend for going into nature, but really, I have found that the best thing to wear into nature is no perfume at all, so you can better smell the trees and flowers and such. :smilenod:

Anyway, Enyalios is perfect. I'd love it on a man just the same. Such a beautiful, natural and wild yet warm and cozy blend. :heart:

Edited by blu°

Blind testing Enyalios, I did pretty well. I thought pine, frank and opoponax because it had that cola kind of vibe. After checking the notes, I think it was olibanum plus cocoa that gave me that impression. I don't mean to imply that it's sweet; it isn't particularly sweet on my skin. It's sharp at first and very woodsy, but it softens considerably in drydown. The patch is not headshoppy at all but melds perfectly with the juniper and dry frankincense. Unisex, a confidence-building scent, with a little throw and average wear length. I like this a lot!