Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An itch that needs to be scratched: Snake Oil and three types of honey.

Exactly as advertised. The honey is a little more dominant than I'd hoped, but I think the Snake Oil will gain some muscle as it ages. No-brainer bottle purchase. Edited by MamaMoth

When manna rained down from the heavens I don't know what it tasted like, but this must be exactly what it smelled like. This stuff is just crazy, crazy good. Honey is just a huge note of yes for me, and combine three types of that with Snake Oil and it's just orgasmic. I'm not normally a single-scent hoarder since my skin doesn't need much perfume to advertise it within a 5-foot radius of me, but I'm hoarding this one so I have it for life.

ETA: I now have three bottles of this that I am never turning loose. Three 5 ml bottles, given my perfume-broadcasting skin, is basically my version of a lifetime supply.

Edited by Invidiana

I've been waiting to review this because I didn't want to be the first...

The review is easy. Womb Furie is as it states it is: ORGASMIC.

I predict this is going to cause quite a stir.

To be more specific, It's like Snake Oil + O but better than the sum of it's parts

I've always wanted to love O but it's a bit too floral on me in some odd way

and I love Snake Oil in all its glory but especially aged, as do many of You,

and this is what I think

Womb Furie is like: AGED SNAKE OIL with a touch of Honey Bee Flower Sex Magic.

so if you're an aged snake oil hoarder, or even liker, and O lover - get Womb Furie while you still can.

I can only imagine how amazing it will age as well. The bottle I have is surely still in it's infant stage...

Also other pluses:

- it lasts a long time on my skin and has nice throw.

- every time I wear it I have at least 3 people say to me Ooh you smell gooooood. (always happens with my fav bpal oils)

- & it layers well (my current favs to layer it with, that I got at the same time, are DorianV3 + Andreiphontês ...YUMz)

I've never tried Snake Oil before, so I was really unsure of what to expect with this blend. Upon instant application I was hit with the all too familiar baby powder scent, but that quickly dissipated into something slightly more sweet. Once completely dry, the baby powder scent had been replaced with a slightly sweet, but sexy musk. It's nice, but I'm not so sure I need a bottle.

Not much to add here. This is fresh snake oil and honey. Fresh snake oil goes a bit powdery on me and this stays pretty true to that. Aged snake oil is wonderful so I think I'll buy a bottle of this and tuck it away for a bit.

In the bottle, this one smells like straight-up snake oil with a tiny bit of extra sweetness.

As soon as it hit my skin, it started out smelling powdery, and I was terrified it was going to smell like baby powder on me, but much to my relief it settled down and became a warm, glowing honey scent with a snake oil base and just a hint of powdery dryness.

I don't like plain Snake Oil aged or fresh (though I enjoy a lot of blends that mix Snake Oil with something, like the Snake Pit blends) and I tend to dislike honey scents (too sweet/simple), but I find Womb Furie to be very wearable and lovely. The Snake Oil here adds a smoky darkness that cuts through the honey's sweetness, but the honey manages to sweeten up and get rid of the parts of Snake Oil that I usually find to be powdery/dirty/gross smelling. Womb Furie winds up smelling like a dark, exotic, slightly smoky, honey incense on me. I think that this will age really well too.

Imp: Cologne like spice with very sweet honey

Wet: ...Oh that's some good stuff right there...The vanilla seems more in the game than the last time I tried Snake Oil. The honey's sweetness is probably doing that

Drydown: I know Snake Oil doesn't come in to its own until it's got some age behind it, but this is pretty wearable already. One of the things I didn't connect with trying Snake Oil itself was the lack of sweetness. The honey in this fixes that problem right away.

Overall: Bottle. It's only going to get better with time.

I'm still a terrible newbie at reviews, but I just wanted to throw in that this lasts amazingly well! I've had it on for eight hours or so and it's still there fairly strong. And delicious... *sniffs wrists*

I'm not a big fan of plain Snake Oil, and I hate O, but this honey makes the Snake oil less plastic-y on me. It's quite lovely honey and spices. Too bad it has very little throw and it is gone except for a bit of a sniff close to the skin in less than an hour. :(

I love Snake Oil, but the incense note is very strong on me - the honey in Womb Furie tones it down nicely and I am loving myself sick in it. The day I wore it I could not stop sniffing myself and I had several people at work comment on how nice it was.

I am a bit hit and miss with honey and I was half expecting it to be too sweet, but it's just perfect. Possibly my new favourite BPAL.

I think I need two bottles of this. At least.

i can't do snake oil, but i seem to be able to do many snake oil variants (the snake pit!) this reminds me A LOT of snake charmer, but with more honey. BPAL's snake oil and honey note both can go powdery on me, and it's no exception here. it's a honeyed, powdery snake oil that is reminiscent of snake charmer, but not quite as deep and complex. smells very sexy, but i think i'll stick to snake charmer, as it works better with my skin chemistry.

In the bottle, this smelled exactly like Lights of Men's Lives, and that's pretty much how it smelled on my skin too, but fortunately less powdery. Since Lights of Men's Lives doesn't have honey in the description, I can only conclude that my nose is not sophisticated enough to differentiate between honey and beeswax.

Bottom line: this was pure honey/beeswax, and the Snake Oil never made an appearance, although I must admit I've never smelled pure Snake Oil. Fortunately I quite like honey and beeswax and this certainly eliminates my need to buy a bottle of Lights of Men's Lives. Overall a lovely scent, and even if it's not the spectacular one I was hoping for, I will enjoy wearing it very much.

oh yum. this definitely has the famous O honey, but i also get a more flowery one, and maybe the delicately tangy white honey around the edges? on me, it's like 2/3 honey, 1/3 snake oil, which suits me fine. also, if you are thinking you can approximate this by layering O and snake oil.... that's going to be the poor girll's version, for sure. the 3 honeys are nicer, plus if musks are strong on you, that combo is too much. (and thus i considered breaking my "just enjoy the decants, don't need LE bottles" rule...)

Like O, this is bottled honey. Unlike O, Womb Furie smells quite nice to me. But where are you hiding, Snake Oil? :(

If you love honey, you'll love this. Otherwise it's a bit boring.

Edited by Scribens

I can't wear Snake Oil alone and find it actively unpleasant, but many (if not most) Snake Oil blends (the Snake Pit, Lilith Victoria, Cake Smash) work wonderfully on me. And since I love honey scents like O, I thought this was going to be amazing...

Source: Fresh decant from circle.

In the vial: Snake Oil. I don't have my old imp of Snake Oil any longer, but this matches my memory.

Wet: Ouch. All Snake Oil harshness. I don't smell any honey. This is not pleasant to my nose at all.

Drydown: I finally get honey after about...yes, it's been 6 hours. *sigh* This is really unfortunate. To the swap/sell pile, because if I want a pleasant, warm honey scent I have lovely lady O there for me.

Notes: Moderate throw and decent wear, though it morphs all the way to honey over time on me.

I knew I was going to love this from the second I read the description. It's the only Luper that called out to me at all (which is odd, because normally this is one of my favorite collections).

When I first opened the bottle, there was no mistaking what scent I was smelling...it was very obviously Snake Oil and O together. I swooned a little, because those are two of my favorite BPAL's ever, and together they are damn near...orgasmic, just as the description says.

The only thing I don't really like about Snake Oil on its own is that I do have to age it for months before it really becomes wearable. Womb Furie doesn't have that problem at all...it's perfect straight from the Lab. As a matter of fact, I actually received a bottle of Snake Oil in the same order, and tested them side by side just to make sure. The fresh SO was very, very bitter and almost a tad astringent--if I were new to BPAL and tried fresh SO, I would probably wonder why there's so much hoopla about it. It just really isn't a very pleasant scent when it's fresh. Aged, however, it becomes an entirely different creature altogether. In contrast, Womb Furie was sweet and rounded and rich--all the things that you get from aged SO--but with an added "oomph" from the honey.

To my nose, the honey in this is EXACTLY like the honey in O--it's sweet and a little dirty at the same time--and after awhile on the skin it turns a bit powdery, but not at all powdery enough to be off-putting. It gives the Snake Oil the added sweetness that you get after a few months of aging, and it also elevates it to something different and maybe even (dare I say it?) BETTER. This scent is languid, slow, delicious sex in a bottle, and I'm about to go order two more because I can only imagine how incredible it will be after it ages.

Wet in the imp: Fresh Snake Oil and Honey.

Drydown: Fresh Snake Oil and honey. But not a honey that makes me sick it's actually quite pleasant. It smells like Snake Oil and white honey. :yum: I think a partial of this is in order.

honey is usually not one of my favorite notes on my skin but this combination is amazing. it instantly became a permanent member of my top ten list, and I know I have to get a back up bottle if it's the last thing I do.

A bright honey and an amber honey poured all over a heap of vanilla and spices. It's an offering to please a sensual goddess. As time passes the honeys mellow into a sweetness layered over deep woody spices. Some days I get a little bit of powderiness but most days not.

I loved Womb Furie as soon as I tried it. Now I'm going to get a second bottle to age, because I'm curious to see how this could get even better!

in the bottle: O-style honey and a whiff of snake oil

on the skin: O-style honey and something almost minty and astringent, which is the medicinal tang of fresh Snake Oil

drydown: honey and Snake Oil, as advertized. :)

O can go sickly sweet and powdery on me, but for me the culprit is the liberal amount of amber in it, and that part is missing from Womb Furie, so WF is brilliant on me. As others have noted this is beautiful when fresh, which is an issue with SO, and I'm seriously contemplating getting a second bottle of it before it disappears.

being pretty new and never having tried pure snake oil before, i decided to order an imp along with my bottle of womb furie and try one on each wrist so that i could compare. and wow...they're both so yummy, but smell incredibly different on me.

snake oil on its own is warm, spicy, and resiny, with a hint of creamy vanilla and amber. womb furie smells so much sweeter - mostly vanilla and honey, with just a hint of spice. reminds me a lot of lush's vanilla delight lotion (vanilla, tonka, jasmine), but spicier and warmer and just even better.

i almost want womb furie to smell a little bit less sweet and for the snake oil to come out just a bit more...maybe with age? i don't have experience aging things, but hopefully after a few months this will be exactly what i want. it's already delightful and wearable, but i might wait a bit on this and see what it turns into.

yum! no wonder everyone is so obsessed with snake oil. i'm a believer! :wub2:

edited to add: just added lush's floating island to a bath and realized that this is what womb furie smells like after it's dried down: powdery, spicy, creamy, and absolutely perfect. i wish my husband loved it as much as i do!

Edited by megheartsshoes

OMG! Scentgasm!

I was planning on getting another bottle of Snake Oil to age (my 2007 bottle is getting low) but I'm just going to order another Womb Furie. (I wish this one would become GC!!) This is pre-aged Snake Oil with sweet, sweet honey! The honey is similar to O but not powdery. I could quite happily bathe in this scent :yum:

By far my favorite snake oil blend. I love sweet, and this one satisfies me to a T! It's a bit nasty in the beginning, but after 10-15 minutes, and beyond ( great throw !) it dries down a gorgeously sweet, honey tinged snake oil. Love, love, love! I got 2 5mls coming in this one!

Very reminiscent of "O". Just like the description says: Snake oil and honey! Sweet snake oil with honey. this is definitely not the spicey snake oil we all know, but a comforting, sweet version!