Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Kimbernunk

Enchanted Wood Florist

A burst of sweet, strange flowers, luminous Moon-tree sap, and ornamental grasses.

A light, mostly floral scent, with some green-ness to it, the grasses I presume. I'm not good enough to pick out which florals, or what the Moonflower sap is. While it has a surprisingly strong throw, and staying power so far, it is at the same time mild and subtle in nature so it doesn't become annoying, if that makes sense. There's something in it that smells like Body by Victoria, a kind of coolness maybe. Perhaps that's the sap? I agree with other reviewers, this is closer to a more mainstream perfume. Still nice though. Pleasant, and quite feminine, but not too sweet and girly.

Edited to add description. Edited by Shollin

On the skin: Definitely floral with some greenness. This fades pretty quickly on me. It is nice, but I don't think I would ever wear it.

Wet I get a sweet, juicy tropical floral, unfortunately once it dries it strongly reminds me of a certain dept. store floral/fruity perfume I've smelt before and don't like, I can't remember the name of it.

The Luminous feeling is very similar (grassy vibrancy) that I get from Fire Pig and again from Fairy Market; where fairy market tampers off into a soft incense and Fire Pig well burns off pretty fast; I get the same wet stage from both of those from this. Very grassy with the moon sap tempering it; it's a very pretty springtime scent. Now a soft flowerish scent comes out; it reminds me of Dandelion sap from Roadhouse; the drydown is almost very similar to that with the sap tempering it. Replace the cigarette smoke and it would almost be side to side with it. All in all this is a very pretty pretty scent, I love moon anything and this makes no exception. To those that found Fairy Market to be too incensy, try this one and it may be the blend for you. I will gladly be keeping this bottle.

This is very floral but I also get a fruitiness to it. It's a sweet fruit, though, not citrus. Kinda peachy.

It is very pretty and feminine. Has sort of that generic "perfume" smell to it but not in a bad way. Like a good perfume that you like.

I can't pick out any of the floral notes and I'm not familiar with the notes listed. The grass isn't coming through for me.

Unfortunately, this doesn't last very long. It pretty much disappears altogether. I will keep the imp but I won't bother with a bottle.

Wow! This is so beautiful. Green, fresh, crisp and sweet. It's girly & very spring-like. Soft sweet florals mingle with sap and grass. Very reminescent of The Unicorn and even Moon Rose.

Enchanted Wood Florist starts off as a really sharp, perfumey floral-- slightly green, but not in a real things way. As it dries, it becomes softer, and I swear there's some kind of bubblegum/tropical hard candy scent underneath.

Very much later-- around eight hours-- it's gone extremely faint, but if I huff my wrists, I smell a soft musk very reminiscent of the Girl. It has a slightly warmer feel than the Girl.

This has a lot of staying power on me. Throw for the better part of wear is medium. I find it very nice, leaning towards a more traditional perfume scent.

My only qualm is the sharpness at the outset. I'm hoping that calms down a bit with aging, since this bottle is only a month old.

Whoever up above said this smells a lot like Fairy Market was right - it really DOES smell more like that than like anything else I can think of. Except I'm terribly allergic to Fairy Market and not at all allergic to Enchanted Wood Florist! Which makes it my new favorite. Other than Fairy Market, I'm kind of at a loss as to what it smells like. A little like my house when I fill it with fresh-cut irises, but also not. As it wears it loses some of the fresh greenness and gets spicier. It does have a strong throw and wear length. I could smell it around me all day, and I was constantly going, "mmm, what smells so delicious?" only to realize it was me.

Very green and sharp in the imp, then switches to a soft, green floral both wet and dry on my skin. Light and pleasant, but not so light that it disappears on me.

In the decant: Mixed florals with freshly cut green stems. It really does smell like a florist shop!

Wet: Very grassy and pleasant.

Drydown: Green and very pretty. The throw isn’t much, but I just put a tiny dab on.

Later: Still green and lovely, with light florals in the background. It’s very faint, though. I like it, but sadly it’s not bottle-worthy. It totally would be if it stuck around, but it fades to quickly on me. I thought it might be because I tested with such a small amount, but I WORE wore it to work the next day with no luck.

For me, this is a creamier version of Host of Air. Not quite as grassy, more floral, and definitely creamier. Sort of like the Unicorn crossed with Host of Air.

I can see why this is popular though.

In the decant, I'm getting florals, sap, and a bit of green, a cousin of Fairy Market, which is part of why I was interested. On my skin, it's mostly flowers and sap, we'll see how this goes. Seems good, and either this or Lights of Men's Lives got me a compliment, so we'll move it on to a second test tomorrow morning and see how it goes.

On the second skin test, it's floral and sap, and I think I'm going to have to deathmatch this against Fairy Market to determine whether or not I'm keeping it.

Edited by Venneh

Gorgeously light and refreshing flowers, prettier on my skin than in the bottle, always a plus. It reminds me of earlier incarnations of Herbal Essence shampoo. At the time that shampoo/conditioner combo was honestly the nicest smelling things I'd ever used, so Enchanted Wood Florist being a bit reminiscent of that is definitely not a bad thing.

Wore ~2 drops of this today, and it has lasted for ages. Every time I move my head now, about 7 hours later, I can still catch a sniff.

Enchanted Wood Florist

In the imp: oh, this is pretty. It smells like La Primavera, one of my favourite floral scents.

Wet on skin: I smell grasses, and the luminous flowers that smell like tuberose and spring blossoms.

Dry on skin: this reminds me of two scents-the good imp I had of All They Had Seen (my bottle wasn’t as strong), and also La Primavera. This is such a beautiful floral scent! Very springy and delicate, and it does smell luminous. What kinds of flowers? I am pretty sure that there’s tuberose in here-because of the Primavera similarity, but it also reminds me of another scent with tuberose but I can’t say which one. I also think there are some blossoms, maybe linden (it reminds me of the Unicorn) and also the plum blossom note that actually likes me, that is in Hanami and La Primavera. There is almost certainly some moonflower here, and possibly orchid (again, the kind that works). There may even be some good jasmine (such a thing does exist, and it’s the most beautiful scent) in here. The grass is subtle, and the sap smells more like sweet nectar.

After a while: this then turns into Fairy Market without the sweetness! Fairy Market is one of my favourite scents of all, and this reminds me of it, but whilst FM is pink in feel, this is silvery-green. It doesn’t have the sweet, candied, slightly incense-y feel of FM, but it is fresher, lighter, crisper. This is such a beautiful spring flower fragrance, delicate and dainty and luminous. Nothing soapy, sharp, bitterly green, no blossoms that turn to rotten fruit, this is flowery perfection.

Verdict: enchanted wood? Oh yeah, this smells like the sort of moonlit wood filled with fairies, fireflies, dewdrops, moonlight and magic, and I am also reminded of the scenes in Avatar with all the luminous flora of Pandora that lights up when walked on, and the floating seeds. This is what those flowers smell like. This is a stunningly beautiful floral scent. I can’t say what flowers are in here but they work on me fantastically. It reminds me of some of my other favourite springy floral scents, but this has a slightly greenish (in the best way possible) and glowing, dewy scent to it which distinguishes it from, say, the slightly citrus-y Primavera, or the sugary Fairy Market. I adore this one.

Emoticon rating: :wub3:

Is it a keeper? I have a bottle, and wonder if I need to track down a backup…

If you like this, try: The Unicorn, All They Had Seen and All They Had Lost, La Primavera perfume, Hanami, Al Araaf

I so, so wish this would morph, but it keeps on smelling like shampoo. Sad day. To the swaps!

a heady floral with lots of sappy greenery. i wish i could be more detailed, but this is not my type of scent!

In bottle: a light floral blend--definitely luminous, a touch refreshing. The greens are a perfect backdrop to the almost-delicate flowers here, giving a bit of "permanence" to the daintiness and seemingly fragility of the flowers.

Wet on skin: sweet, dainty floral, a touch candylike but not tipping over completely. Some reviews mention a similarity to The Unicorn, and I agree, the feel is the same: clean, white, gentle, luminous, faintly shining. I started writing in caps here in my original notes: "I MUST HAVE MORE OF THIS". Definitely appropriate for a denizen of an enchanted wood. (The blend, not the caps.)

Dry: this stays true to the wet stage for me, no morphing, although as expected the throw is light and will likely need a few reapplications throughout the day. The greens and floral notes mesh together really well, without overpowering one another.

Verdict: definite keeper! I had many words in caps in my original notes :P

This is difficult to describe which is probably why I haven't gotten around to reviewing it before. I liked it when I first bought it but then in subsequent years I kept trying to wear it in the late spring and summer since it is such a light scent. It doesn't work well for me in warm weather as the sweet notes become cloying and the green notes somehow "scratchy" and annoying. I've worn it often in January and February and it is really lovely-- glad I didn't trade it.

Wet -- Green, I can smell green notes, reminiscent of a plant. There is something else with a sweet/bitter quality, like a SweetTart candy.

Drying -- The plant is blooming and strange greeny-yallery flowers appear

Dry -- More flowers, and that almost fizzy bitter/sweet quality. The flowers are probably linden flowers but somehow not just fresh linden, more florist shop than that.

after 3+ hours -- The sweetness is mostly gone, it is a light greenish white floral feminine perfume, more like a traditional perfume than many BPALs.

This is what I was hoping Solanine was like! Smells like stepping into a flower shop!! Just, lotsa tropical flowery sweetness!!
The throw goes down a LOT on drydown unfortunately. It also goes a bit more flat but my nose/skin have been doing weird things all day so *shrugs*

This really does smell quite like stepping into a florist shop, but one in a slightly otherworldly dimension, or perhaps, as the name suggests, an enchanted wood.

There is a blend of many different fresh cut flowers. I'm getting lily (amps on my skin), daffodil, and other more vague white florals (a similar floral blend to Night-Gaunt as someone else mentioned). Probably some fruit blossoms in that mix. There are crushed moonflowers underfoot, but none fresh cut. There's a dewy note and a greeness that reminds me of fresh cut flower stalks, which perhaps comes from the grass note, but for once, grass commits no crimes on my skin.

It's not as sweet as I would have expected from the description, and there is a faint hint of something woody in the background that I can't quite distinguish. This is a florist's shop that I would want to frequent for the aroma alone, and I'm happy to have this in my collection to wear.