Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

XCDW5

So on wet, this one had a giant slap of cucumber. Hurrah!

It's a very green, aquatic blend. However, as it dries, the cucumber disappears and I'm left with an aquatic white floral. I think there may also be some white pepper in here. Boo.

Cool watery green things, herbs, cucumber, bitter lime, something minty, and vodka. Very green, but also very light - not heavily boozy. Extremely faint throw in the bottle.

More herbal, sharper. Also stronger on my skin though it's still low throw. This smells a lot like fresh parsley to me, with maybe a little grass and some white sage (I get a bit of a Bat of Longevity feel). I do get the fresh, almost juicy cucumber, but it's a cucumber-peel note, not a melony-pulp note. The lime is the same note from Scurvy, which goes bitter and harsh on my skin. I think the minty note is hyssop. Very light sort of booziness, same vodka note from The Mock Turtle's Lessons - this is similar in feel to that blend, overall, too.

MUSK, whoa. Green musk, in particular. Cool, minty-herbal musk. The vodka wears of completely and this smooths out and deepens greatly over time. It also amps up and up throw-wise. This drydown reminds me a lot of Serpents with Glittering Eyes, but this is more herbal and less fruity, though there is a bit of fruitiness to this scent. Quite nice, but I have a lot of scents like this that I prefer more. Eventually good throw and great longevity.

I need to retest...I like this, but I'm not sure it's something that I totally need to keep.

There was a predominant lime and cucumber vibe from this while wet, but as it dried I got musk and some sort of creamy sweetness that came out. Something sugary and a little foody. It was nice, but not something I would wear often.

I was asked about this one, so I'll put my comments here :)

This blend was SUPER LIME when I first got it at the trunk show. Now it's not as potent in the lime, has a bit of a cucumber hint to it, but more than anything if reminds me of a melted lime popsicle!

I don't get mint, herbs, or any acquatic notes - just sugary lime. The cucumber note even seems to disappear as it dries down. Something sweeter comes out instead, a melon?

Yup - the little spot of it I put on my arm is now about completely void of lime, it's sweet and fruity, more like melon than anything.

Edited by Midnight Aeval

Hmm.. interesting to see the different reviews on this one so far! My impressions are similar to Midnight Aeval's - a soft and sugary lime (not POW kind of lime, and not a super citrus-y lime like the one in Scurvy) - it's more on the creamy side than the citrus side.

There's something else going on in here.. it's almost like pepper, perhaps pink or white pepper, something in the background is adding a bit of kick (making my nose tickle) and there's also a slight bitterness somewhere. And I agree there's probably a musk of some sort in here - not white musk, but not a dark musk either - a nice soft musk.

Once it dries right down, the lime-ness does fade a little but it stays true - the overall smell reminds me of the juice drinks I buy sometimes when I ask for all the green things in together - I get a mix of lime, grapes, kiwi fruit, apples, pears and honeydew melon. That's kind of what this smells like - mushed up green fruits with a citrus edge, mainly melon and lime. Quite fresh and pretty, I'd recommend it for anyone who loves things like Scurvy, or the quirky fruity blends like Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat and Schrodinger's Cat or 'Tis The Voice Of The Lobster - it's in that same vein, an eccentric fruit :D

Some damp, heady floral, something green, and dirt. Working in a summer garden, perhaps. Getting a sweet note, and some wood maybe, as it dries. The sweet strengthens into fruit, and it becomes a fruity-floral tropical scent. Seemed to disappear relatively quick, and I'm left with a faint soapy spot.

My initial impression was "wood candy with a big glass of limeade!" What would wood-flavored candy smell like? Like XCDW5!

This isn't a masculine lime-and-woods blend; it's a bouncy, fizzy, sweet lime soda and sweet woods. There could be a touch of red musk, or... red currant? I'm getting something that's also in Frivolous Wheeled Footwear. Very sweet and summery, but with depth to it. The longer it's on, the more I like it.

Edited by bheansidhe

I get the sweet lime and watery cucumber at first, but the drydown of this is like soapy, chemical white floral or some sort of perfumey musk on me :(. It's very light and fades quickly on my skin, but the drydown is too clean and too perfumey for me. I wish that I got more of the woods and fruity notes that others have mentioned, but something in this goes all sharp and soapy with my skin chemistry, almost like aquatic or ozone + white floral.

XCDW5 - This is a melange of melon, lime, grass, dirt, and cucumber, as well as possibly a little pear. It's very fruity, very green, and has a hint of earthiness, but mostly is a sweet mish-mash of green fruits and plants. I love it, but sadly it fades from my skin very, very, very quickly.

Heavily herbal at first, sharply green. On drydown it softens and turns to a sweet lime (much like the Meyer limes in my backyard!) with a floral and fruit undertone. And now the cool green musk others have talked about is starting to appear.

This is quite a lovely scent, but it is so light I'm afraid it won't last.

Reading the other reviews is awesome, its almost like everyone got a different bottle ;)

I dont get lime at all (eta: I get very soft hints of it as it dries though, a sweet not candied lime.... peel?) and I only get soft mint while this is wet. I do agree with green musk and that it is creamy sweet somehow. Im not even really sure I smell cucumber, although I get a green impression. Theres a fruit back there, maybe red currant, but this isnt as sharp as red currant normally is on me. I can also get a hint of what might me the white pepper mentioned above as well. And there has to be something thats giving this the soft, hazy, creamy feeling - because those ingredients should be crisp and sparkling where this is not at all. This is creamy and sweet but not foody, although maybe sugar.

(eta: maybe pear too?)

cucumber, lime, pear, soft mint, white pepper, red currant, green musk, sugar

Edited by CaudaPavonis

I really like this, actually! It is a sweet, sugared lime with some musk (perhaps green musk as that is the one that is more favorable on my skin), cucumber and a hint of melon. I don't really get the grass or dirt note. It does go through a ZOMG!LIME stage but I find that fades pretty quickly and I'm left with a light, refreshing summer scent. Very beautiful!

My first try got me lime, general fruitiness, and melon. The second time I wore XCDW5, I got lime, general fruitiness, eucalyptus, mint?, dirt, and melon. It dries down to a soft melony scent. I don't think it's as sweet as some of the other melony blends--Twinkle, Twinkle, Earth Ox, Yemaya--and I'm surprised to find that I might like it better than those. I think this also shares a component or two with Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues. They smell similar when they're dried to the point of being barely there (though very different until then). I'm really glad I took a chance on this one. It's a perfectly light, cool, refreshing summer scent.