Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Extremely pale yellow oil. Red cherry hard candy - like cherry jolly ranchers or lifesavers, exactly! Sweet and candyish and just exactly like cherry CANDY, with maybe a little watermelon jolly rancher thrown in there, too. Reminds me vaguely of Candy Phoenix but is more intensely fruity and juicy, less of the 'dusted sugar' thing, more just fruity hard candy, and simpler mix of fruits - just the cherry with a touch of watermelon. The roommate says 'cherry blow pops' which I also agree with, and gets the watermelon undertone, too. On his skin (I didn't test it as I don't care for red cherry), a lemon hard candy note came out in addition to those two fruits. Great throw and good longevity!

I'm being redundant because there isn't much to say. This is a simple scent, but an incredibly realistic and evocative one that doesn't morph on the skin, as far as I can tell.

At the beginning this reminds me to a sugary fruity mix. I believe it is guava, and perhaps a touch of watermelon. As it dries, it gets a more 'bubblegum' sort of feel, so there's lotus in it. But definitely sugar encrusted.

It's too sweet for me.

Very sweet and candy-like. I'm getting cherry and watermelon here, but a candy-like version. Jolly ranchers anyone? There seems to be a bit of a vanillic undertone as well.

NGAGLS - If there's cherry in this, it's more of the cherry cordial scent used in Monster Baid: Bloody Mary than the bright, almond-like cherry used in scents like Kabuki. This is a super-sugary, tropical-fruity scent. It reminds me of drinking a fruity mai-tai in Hawaii...without the booze. It's just loaded with sugar and sweet tropical fruits, possibly banana, pineapple, guava, and a hint of that cherry cordial or cherry creme note. It's positively delicious and oddly enough for a sweet, sugary scent, it stays true on my skin and it lasts several hours. Love it!

Fruity bubblegum. As it hits my skin and begins to dry something more astringent emerges… booze? Then a weird chemical undertone also emerges, and for some reason it makes me think of Elmer's Glue. So, Elmer's Glue and Bubblicious.

The weirdness rolls off as it dries and I'm left with straight up sugary-fruit bubble gum. Not horrible, but not something I'd wear. If you want to smell like bubblegum this would be it.

I get all of the above - hard cherry candy, watermelon jolly ranchers - plus LIQUID SMOKE. Maybe because this tester has had a while to oxidize? But there's a faint but discernible note of bright, acrid campfire with the sweet fruity candy. (This sounds weirder than it smells.)

The smoke edges away as it wears, and I get a low but definite peppery floral with the fruit candy. Not carnation, but a similar note - stock, or sweet pea? It's reminding me of Mania or...Eris! This is Eris bellied up to the Tiki Bar, swilling mimosas and grinning while things randomly catch fire in the background.

Never reads as bubblegum to me.

ETA: I just tried my Luna Moth decant, and this is VERY similar to the lime sugar and pear notes in that blend.

Edited by bheansidhe

This is like sickly sweet cherry syrup, sugary tropical punch, and a weird, sour, chemical-y edge on my skin (almost plastic-y). I can see the jolly ranchers thing, but the sour aspect here adds a harshness that doesn't make me think of candy. I might smell a hint of the watermelon hard candy in the drydown, but it's mostly cherry and a super sugary fruit punch on my skin, with a base of something oddly perfumey and sharp. All in all, it's a bit too sweet and fruity for me.

Absolutely delicious! At first sniff, all I could think of was "Wow, this could be Monster Energy!"

On me: It's still Monster. A very strong energy-drink smell that I normally associate with guarana-based caffeinated beverages, and some general fruit otherwise. Mostly guarana.

Dried, about an hour later: Still primarily Monster Energy! It sticks around, smelling heavily of an empty can of Monster.

Conclusion: I love it! It's delicious and is a very "me" scent, as Monster is one of my favorite vices.

In the bottle: Sticky sweet, almost like medicine. Cherry, cherry, cherry!

Wet: Nice and sweet, like Lifesavers or Jolly Ranchers. Cherry, with maybe a hint of Watermelon.

Dry: Sweet and delicious cherries, with a decent throw that doesn't seem to get eaten up too quickly. Several hours later, it's still semi-strong, and still just as delicious.

Bright cherry turns to cough syrup cherry turns to candied apple coating on the stove bordering on caramelization, turns to perfect cherry candy. Reapplication only intensifies the good, sweet cherry bit. I can't shake my image of candied apples, though. I suspect there may be a slice of apple here, and maybe a spritz of lemon a la Treatsy. I was hoping for Jolly Ranchers but I really like what I ended up with.

Is this Neil Gaiman American Gods Laura? Or Loki?

Edited by Gin

In bottle: strong gummy berry bears

On me I adore adore adore this.

In my opinion there are three candy scents in the BPAL-world:

The chocolate ones and heavy cream

The ones supposed to smell candy, but ending up stinking plastic

The one who shall smell synthetic with an edge and here is this one. Together with candy phoenix, plastic pink flamingo and the kingdom of sweets and the adult pink champagne.

I love love love love love this!

Cherry and strawberry candy with a hint of musk. Layer this one up with a Beaver Moon scent and prepare to ride the happy bus to bliss town. That's where I am right now. See you there!!

:wub2: :wub2:

I love this so so much!! It is all red hard candy on me! It actually reminds me of kool-aid powder, the kind the comes pre-sugared :)

I got this as a gift with my Lab Etsy purchase and I am pleasantly surprised! It starts out as a dead ringer for Strawberry Bubble Yum and then fades in soft berry hard candy.