Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sniffed: Colourless oil. O with extra honey and extra vanilla, and much less amber. I definitely recognise it as O, but it's like a Chaos Theory O blend - the proportions are different. Also, the vanilla note smells like it might be different, though the amber and honey notes are the same. Sweet, syrupy. Reminds me of Thaleia, too - so I'm pretty sure there is tonka in this.

Wet: Sweeter and so, so heavy - more of that perfumey/floral amber note that's in released O emerges, quickly. It's going to powder within seconds, sickly sweet baby powder with that plastic edge. Just like O. Still, this definitely has extra vanilla, honey, and that almost-buttery, super-rich tonka. The honey is a really lovely true note, but is overwhelmed. I also get a sort of boozy, mentholic note that reminds me GREATLY of Love's Philosophy - it's that same vanilla note or saffron (and like with LP, I don't get it in the bottle but only on my skin does it turn that way).

Dry: This has faded a lot - it initially had crazy strong throw - which is good, since O amps on me. That boozy note is almost slightly minty (kinda like how people got wintergreen in some bottles of LP, but it's not quite wintergreen), oddly cool & clashing with the warm amber. The latter has gone powdery but not POWDER DOOM as in O, and the honey has dried down beautifully. Actually this drydown reminds me a LOT of Mead Moon. The minty booze/honey combo is similar to them mead note. The vanilla & tonka are still creamy but less sweet and heavy than earlier.

Summary: Oddly minty, slightly plastic, honeyed amber and super creamy vanilla and tonka. Soft and only lightly powdery on drydown, this is very much a 'skin scent'. Strong throw that fades to moderate throw and holds there for ages. Much nicer than released O, IMO, but still not my thing at all. But its evolution surprised me and I only very briefly had that plasticky powder strongly enough to be truly bothersome.

O v5 (prototype)

In Bottle: Boozy honey (yum!)

On Skin: This honey is SWEET. It is full of yum and deep rich sticky honey love. At first it stays true honey, almost like Honey SN... then it becomes more diverse. There is a slight fruitiness to it, almost like Lotus. I love sweet scents so this one seems like a keeper. But after about 5 minutes, it fades lightning fast. It also becomes a bit artificial smelling. But it does smell more similar to O than v6 does. It's not as elegant, it more playful and candylike. The amber is very light, adding a delicate powdery layer, but the sticky sweetness keeps it from becoming to dry and dusty like v6. It also is missing the perfumey edge that the released O has and I think that takes away from the elegance. I still love this scent, and it's fun to smell what O *could* have been. But I wouldn't trade it for my dear GC O...

Throw is light to moderate, and although it fades super quick, the lingering scent that does remain lasts quite a while.

I am totally agreeing with the boozy honey consensus. But on me, as this dries further, this becomes VERY similar to the released version. There boozy note fades and I'm left with a honey-heavy version of O. VERY sweet.

This is sexy, golden, oozing honey on me, very sweet but not cloying. It's a very true honey, makes me feel like I'm actually sticking my nose in a honey jar. There is definitely some vanilla in here--not vanilla cream and not exactly buttery like Ov6 but still a rich golden vanilla, and a sensual background of what must be tonka. Possibly some golden amber in here too which gives the honey depth. This is absolutely delicious and I don't think I'm going to stop obnoxiously sniffing myself all day at work today.

Good God in heaven this stinks. Sickeningly, cloying honey. But not just straight up honey.....no...its watery honey. :sick: I have to wash this off. :sick: Bleh!

The released version of O has a tendency to go cloying on my skin, and O v5 is actually even sweeter on my skin. This smells like insanely sweet, sugared honey on my skin. The drydown adds a hint of baby powder. After a couple hours, this gets pretty close to smelling just like the released version of O, but it fades rather quickly on me at that point.

Super-sweet honey and a hint of baby powder.

I like O v6 a lot more than O v5 or the released version of O. O v5 is my least favorite so far...

O v5 - I can't wear O at all. Something in it smells just horrible on my my skin - plastickey and synthetic. I was curious what other versions of O were like since my skin chemistry is changing and I can now wear honey (YAY!), but O still reeks on me. Well, this version of it smells great on me. It has a lot less amber, more honey, and more vanilla. It seems to possibly have an extra jolt of sugar in it, too. It's very, very sweet. I can't usually wear sweet, foody scents, but this one is rocking my socks. After a few minutes on my skin, it does gain a hint of that weird synthetic aspect the released version of O has, but it's not nearly as strong. It's also got a hint of powderiness (must be from the amber?) that I don't get from the released version. I like this version a lot and if I had more than a bit, I would wear it a lot, I think.

O is terrible on me but this is super-sexy. It's sweet and light honey. It actually smells exactly like Demeter's Honey perfume on me but with much better lasting power. If you can't wear O, try this!

This doesn't have the light sugary note I got from O v6. On the wand it's all sour-heavy honey, but on my skin it does something unexpected for a minute, and gets more complex, with a sort of pastry note in there. Then it shifts and I swear I smell mint… the plant leaf kind, not the candy kind. As it dries the honey begins to take over, and it is the heady, somewhat sexual honey, thick and foody, yet a bit funky, with some sourness like sweat in it. For all the honey this isn't very sweet on me. Still with a little dry pastry lingering in the background and something kind of nutty, like one of those sweet roll pastries you get that are very bready with pecans and honey over them. And you're eating it off someone's sweaty backside. Honey is not a note that really plays well on me. This is closer to what I can recall of the released O than the v6 proto was. The heady-sour honey amps as it dries until it's pretty well SN honey.

Disclaimer: O is one of the worst scents on me. Honey as a rule hates me, but O takes it to the next level. So I was not expecting to love this scent at all, and lo, I was not disappointed.

Wet: heavy and cloying sweetness. This stuff is thick. Cloying honey, cloying vanilla, cloying -->? lotus or other pink note.

Tested: Something in the middle, on my skin, starts to smell just like fresh green bananas. Not ripe, green. How odd. The cloying backs off and the blend becomes merely sweet and powdery. So that's sweet, powdery amber, sweet (I swear) fresh banana, sweet honey, and vanilla-scented powder, not cooking vanilla. Overall less offensive (on me) than the released O, and closer to the released Antique Lace vanilla base.

Final drydown: light, sweet, powdery, and warm. Again, fits my scent-memory of Antique Lace but with less vanilla and more honey.

Verdict: starts strong, ends meek, and doesn't last long. Goes chemical on me at the end.

Sweet honey, rich (yet clean) vanilla, and a bit of amber. The honey is sweet yet a 'clear, golden' honey, not the richly amber one that is in Autumn Moon of the Mirror Stand or the released version of O. Very pure smelling on me with a beautiful floralish backnote coming through. Beautiful. :wub2:

Very soft sweet honey vanilla. It's a cute scent, not really evocative of naughty activities, and veers too close to Barbie doll heads to warrant hunting down a bottle. I'll keep my imp though.

In bottle: brighter than the released version. There's a definite coolness in this prototype.

Wet on skin: slightly minty, and I think this is definitely more foody. Maybe there is less amber here, and the vanilla and honey are then more prominent, along with that minty note. I'm not too sure what sort of mint it is, it may be peppermint, or it may be something else entirely. It's a subdued sort of minty, not snow-note-minty, just adding a touch of brightness and "whiteness" to the vanilla and honey.

Dry: mostly the same as the wet stage, but there is still amber in this for sure, as the blend's become mostly minty powder (with a bit of sweetness) for me. As it stays longer on my skin, the powderiness keeps getting stronger, until it's just mint and powder, a slightly "grandmothery" feel to it.

Verdict: initially I thought this was so promising, as I like soft mint scents. Unfortunately, dry, this isn't my thing. It's "better" for me than the released O, but O v6 is still more up my alley than this one.