Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

B.B3

Sniffed: Root beer coloured oil. Red musk and something else sweet, and some sort of non-obtrusive floral. And some very creamy coconut base.

Wet: Coconut, but a black coconut, like Tiki King. This reminds of Shango! Tropical fruits and coconut and red musk, but this is spicier - in a sort of resin/incense way - maybe nutmeg, or allspice? It's not clove or cinnamon, but it's definitely spicy and almost peppery, though I don't get a peppery note.

Dry: Oh, I know this spicy note. It's mace! I don't get a banana note, but I get loads of red musk, black coconut, that peppery mace and maybe some other tropical fruits and a light, sweet floral like plumeria. I hate red musk, so I am not a fan. Strong throw and longevity.

In bottle: Why hello there, red musk! And is that...chocolate? It's definitely got a sweet creaminess about it.

Sadly, I'm covered in Blue Moon 2007 right now so I can't really get a good read of it on my skin other than to say that its fantastic. I'll put this one on tomorrow and see what happens, but I wanted to get my first impression "written down" at least since there's so little info on this one. But so far, this is amazing. I may die if I can't get a bottle of this somehow. :thud:

Edited by ChildofTime

Red musk, coconut, something spicy like allspice... slightly resinous. The red musk and coconut are the key players...

Oddly enough, it sort of reminds me to the Spawn of the She-Devil proto.

Red musk and coconut. This is a creamy musk scent. A little heady. A little later in the drydown I can smell something a little floral, but not overly so. This is a little too much for me.

B.B3 - Red musk, coconut, and something that reminds me of sassafras. The notes clash horribly when I first apply it, and it takes a good hour for it to settle into something really nice and wearable. Once it does settle down, it's quite nice, but the throw is low, and the longevity is lower than average on me.

I get zippo coconut. I get a strong blast of red musk, red ginger, and "spiced cranberry compote" spices (nutmeg, allspice, cassia, cinnamon). There's a foody note similar to a dry cocoa-dusted cookie that pops up and down, but it never quite resolves into a "foody" blend, and there's also a weird root-beer phase.

The cinnamon is amping to overwhelm everything. It's actually pretty reminiscent of Saw-Scaled Viper at this point on my skin. It goes thick and musty on drydown, so I'm pretty sure there's myrrh as well, since that what it does to me.

Not a bad blend, just not a friend of the chemistry.

ETA: Okay, a couple of hours into drydown, this blend is more woody, and I discern a note that could be black coconut - not a fruity girl-drink coconut, but true coconut rind and bark.

Edited by bheansidhe

I think this is red musk, ginger and sassafras. I don't get the coconut at all. It is quite pretty though!

This isn't as sweet as red musk usually is on my skin. It's like a sharper red musk with an incensey, woodsy edge. I get the dry spiciness that others have mentioned, but no coconut or sassafras. I keep thinking that I smell tuberose or iris or some other sharp, perfumey floral mixed in here. Overall, it smells sharp and disjointed to me.

Wet: Mmmm. Red musk, something sweet, something a bit spicy. It reminds me of The Soldier. I like it a lot.

Dry: I think I love this. I adore red musk, but only when it's with something sweet, and this is quite sweet, though I can't pinpoint where the sweetness is coming from. There's some lovely warm spice to it as well. It does remind me a bit of The Soldier, and the Elephantine Colossus, but I think it's different enough that I could justify a bottle. So glad to have gotten to try this!