Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

BOBN1

Sniffed: Fruity (berry - strawberry and/or raspberry?) soapy, powdery, slightly boozy. A little sharp on the finish, like mimosa or narcissus. Old flowers, dusty bouquests. Violet? Also a hint of velvety, slightly spicy-clovey carnation.

Wet:: Sweeter but also more floral and going soapy - like floral old lady powder soap. ORRIS for sure! Mimosa definitely, too. It hink the berry is raspberry because it feels slightly fake/plastic as the lab's note tends to go on my skin.

Dry: I'm getting a citrusy feel that remnds me of blood orange - maybe that's why I got the raspberry, which is much nicer on me than raspberry usually is. (Raspberry is an overtone in blood orange.) The carnation is very light here and sort of dusty though clove aspect is amping over time on my skin.

Summary: Fruity-floral soapy-powder. Moderate throw and good longevity.

Personally, I think this may have some narcissus, berry and definitely some clove like carnation.

In some ways, this reminds me to Red Rose minus the rose part. It's a little sharper and more floral, but the base is the same.

Ok, I'm getting a predominantly citrus vibe here, with a hint of berry and something dry and dusty. It smells like lemons to me, but that may just be my skin. I definitely get the mimosa and I think I can pick out orris as well. The carnation doesn't seem to be coming out for me at first, but about an hour in it shows up.

BOBN1 - When I first applied this, all I smelled was the sweet-sour rind of some type of fruit, and what kept coming to my mind was either yuzu or starfruit. I didn't pick up on the florals at all until a good 15 minutes into it, when it started to dry down, at which point the fruit-rind settled down and the whole scent became a nicely balanced fruity-floral, but I couldn't tell you for the life of me what floral -- definitely not rose, jasmine, heliotrope, lily, lilac, wisteria, carnation, cherry blossom, apple blossom, plum blossom, or orange blossom. Maybe the others who said narcissus and mimosa are right. It's a very pretty and soft scent on me after drydown. Glad I got a chance to try it.

Harsh, sharp, soapy, perfumey floral. Ugh. This is what I think of as grandmother perfume.

BOBN1 is all perfumey floral on my skin. I don't smell any of the berry, citrus, or fruit that others have mentioned. I get a harsh, sharp, perfumey/chemical-y floral that reminds me of tuberose and iris. The drydown is slightly powdery.

This is a sour, sharp scent on me. I definitely get some kind of berry note (I am thinking blackberry), some sour herbs, and maybe a high-pitched floral note. There's also a dusty aspect to this. I can't help but wondering if there's a resin involved, but like, a sour one, like the sour labdanum in Hastur? But I am not sure.

Unfortunately, this one starts to give me a headache whenever I sniff it, so it is not for me, but I enjoyed getting to try it and compare it to the other reviews.