Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Redsnoopy1977

Sue's Great Old Puppet Show

Hot cocoa, tiny marshmallows, white glue, stick-on googly eyes, and felt!

In the bottle: hmm smells... interesting, like the original milk moon with cocoa and something else...

On my skin: WHAAAAAAAAAT?? the cocoa is quickly disappearing and the sourness that I get in milk moon amps. I can't smell anything else. T_T I wonder if it being out in the hot FL mailbox for hours has anything to do with it.

I'm gonna try this in a scent locket before I swap it off. I really wanted to like this one =/

Straight up "fake" smelling chocolate, which I love. Its definitely got the milk base from Boo and also Nonae Capritona.. as such it goes a little sour. I also smell coconut in there. Never really get felt or glue.. maybe that just blends into the fakeness of the chocolate note. Glad I got a chance to try this one :)

Yep, there's definitely glue in this blend. I don't doubt that this could be gloriously interesting on the right skin chemistry, but the chocolate here has a plastic edge, just like Bliss. Bummer.

Sweet, fluffy marshmellows and coconut over chocolate powder. Yum! I have to be very careful because smelling coconut too much makes me feel sick, but this is quite tasty. And yes, I can smell a little bit of plasticky (googly eyes?) scent. I think I’d prefer Sue if this weren’t there, it doesn’t ruin the blend for me either.

This one has a great wear length, btw: I can still clearly smell it the next morning.

Working my way through my collection of BPAL, old and new, imps and bottles, revisiting or reviewing for the first time as I come closer to completing one comprehensive swap list and one comprehensive wishlist. This was a forum purchase of a bottle last month, and tested from a decant I created from said bottle (I like to have ALL my smells in single imps, the better to travel with, my dear).

IN THE IMP: Milky chocolate. Not quite "milk chocolate" per se and not pure chocolate like Bliss, but sort of close ... chocolate with warm milk.

Dabbed on one wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Chocolate with an odd kick. I would never have come up with the "glue" or "paste" or "plastic" notes had I not read the description and the reviews (read while decising whether to buy it) but with them in the back of my head, I can understand them. I definitely get the marshmallowy sweetness. Kind of like chocolate fondue. Bliss with a kiss.

DRYDOWN: At first, I admit, I'm not crazy about it. It's not the pure chocolate bliss of Bliss but rather whatever that odd note is becomes slightly cloying as it dries down. However patience is a virtue and the final drydown is MUCH more lovely. Subtle and chocolatey with just that marshmallowy sub-note to it. I'm not sure I would have placed the final mystery note as coconut ... to me there is a very very ever-so-slight resinous quality to it.

OVERALL: I like this a lot. I don't love love love it but I don't have many scents like it (Velvet and Tezcaplitoca are, I think, my only cocoa blends since I have Bliss on my wish list but don't have any of it right now). My thinking is that I will keep the bottle and get wear out of it but will not be averse to decanting from it once I release my swap list.

On a scale of 1-5, a 4.

To my nose: Mmmmmh! Delicious cocoa/chocolate and a slightly powdery vanilla-note. I'm gonna go ahead and say that the vanilla-note is a tiny marshmallow.

On: More of the superawesomedelicious chocolate, that - by the way - differs from Bliss and Velvet. I'd say Sue is more of a milk chocolate powder. I always love BPAL's chocolate-notes, they give me cravings! Luckily for me my dear German friend just sent me a package with around 2 kilos (4lb I think) of german chocolate. It feels like the cocoa gets darker and more fragrant the longer it sits on my skin. It started as milk chocolate, but now I'd say it's semi-sweet. There's also a second note hiding here, and I can't put my finger on exactly what it is. I'm only certain that 1) it's not the vanilla marshmallows and 2) it almost smells clean?

Yep, Sue starts to smell clean on me. Like Boo's clean linen and something else..I don't really know what it is, but it's off-putting. I know that I've had and smelled another BPAL with this weird smell but I can't for the life of me remember which one it was.

After a couple of hours the clean and offputting smell disappears and the amazing chocolate comes back. I'd say that this is nice, but I have better chocolate-scents.

edited for spelling.. -_-

Edited by Missy_killer

This scent is so amazing in it's realistic vibe.

When I first put it on I get the sweet hot chocolate scent with a tiny dash of marshmallow. I love this stage so much! :P It's the perfect cup of hot cocoa. BUT on the dry down out comes the glue and felt and I don't know how they do it but it really smells like glue and felt. While it is very cool I do not want to smell like it. So this scent was more of an experience then something I want to smell like daily. The hot chocolate part is so good though. It had very low throw and only lasted about an hour. And sadly the drydown is all glue. :wacko2:

THIS STUFF!! I forgot how much I love this stuff. I thought I had a bottle of Morocco in my hand this morning but it was Sue, and I slathered it before I realized....I'm so happy I did!

Upon application it's all cocoa, just like the powdered stuff. But on the dry down, something magical happens on my skin - a certain woodiness pokes through (maybe that's the glue?) along with a teensie bit of something floral. I don't know where these notes are coming from, but I love them. There's a really complex richness to this stuff, far beyond just googly eyes and felt and glue.

I definitely need another bottle!!

When first applied it smells like the way Peanut M&M's taste

As it dries I start to get the Glue and Marshmallows

The felt is not noticed until the dry-down

Interesting, but rather foody for me

edited because autocorrect tells me "foody" isn't a word...corrected it to moody

Edited by Spaztic

In the decant: Hot cocoa with tiny marshmallows!

Wet: It smells just like a cup of hot cocoa made from a packet with little marshmallows included! The marshmallow is more prominent on me than it was in the decant. There’s a fuzzy warmth to it that must be the felt.

Dry: Okay, now I do get the glue note, and it is very realistic. It’s marshmallows and glue on a fuzzy cocoa blanket. The glue ends up being somewhat sharp on me and stronger than I would like it to be in the end, but this was great when it had less of a presence.

Eventually, the cocoa reasserts itself so that it’s mostly cocoa, felt, and a little bit of glue after several hours of wear.

Verdict: I really liked this at first, but then the glue got to be too much for me, but after a while, it became more cocoa-y again? I have a lot of chocolate scents, so I will probably let go of this decant because I can’t see myself reaching for this over those, but I will say that I love that this isn’t just a straight-up gourmand and that, while the glue note wasn’t for me, I appreciate how realistic it smelled! This was definitely a scent experience.

Hot cocoa and marshmallows! :wub3: Not getting the unusual notes like glue, must have faded with age or I'm just really amping up the marshmallows and chocolate. I wasn't a big fan of Bliss, but I really like the chocolate note in this. It's sweet and powdery milk chocolate, but while it is one of the stronger notes it doesn't completely overshadow the marshmallows.

This is just what I was looking for in a chocolate scent, and I'm glad I got a bottle of this beauty. Perfect for the colder months! The throw is very strong too, which I love.