His Mother, as She dried her eyes,
Said, "Well-it gives me no surprise,
He would not do as he was told!"
His Father, who was self-controlled,
Bade all the children round attend
To James's miserable end,
And always keep a-hold of Nurse
For fear of finding something worse.

Hot tea with cream, berry cream-filled milk chocolates, and moist slices of cake against a backdrop of alarming leonine golden musk.

Oh dear. I'm first? Eek. Okay, have mercy. This smells nothing like I thought it would. The tea, berries and chocolate are the first three notes I initially get. Chocolate goes bye bye fast. There's also some kind of a "fried dough" note...I'm not sure if this is the cake note that's tricking my nose, but it's some kind of a fried pastry note. You may or may not pick up on this...not sure. I'm also not sure what "leonine" musk is, but it may be the one note that keeps this from being as foody as it sounds. It's kinda "off". Again, nothing like I expected, but I'm going to set this aside and let it age and see what happens! Also got Tcotchkie and Trinket as my extra imp goodies in a cute velvet stocking along with some cute little toys! (Have not tested these two imps yet.)

ETA: I've been wearing this the whole evening...and I am still sniffing it...I'm getting a light cream note with a touch of tea & berry. There could be hope! :) Edited by pinkstardust420

I just applied this to my arm about 30 minutes ago, so this is the "fresh" state.

At first I get a blast of milk chocolate with berries. I do not get a the tea note that I pictured in my head. That note is much softer. Must be a mellow tea.

After the first blast of berry/chocolate it turns into a creamy cozy light musk.

I love this scent. It's very comforting.

In the bottle, I get traces of chocolate, rich and creamy, interlaced with juicy ripe berries.

Wet, this is tea, not with cream but with lemon, and LOTS of it. I have no idea where the lemon came from, and who ate all my chocolate?

The musk roars in as the scent starts drying, and it mingles nicely with the mysterious lemon.

A few hours later, I get...cotton?

*reads scent description again*

I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE CAKE. THE CAKE WAS A LIE.

To me this smells like delicious lemon pound cake...I agree with the previous reviewer that I don't know where the lemon comes from but I love it :wub2: great throw and length of wear too!

In the bottle, this has that...thing I don't like involving cream. I don't know, but the cream notes sometimes smell odd to me in the bottle. It's overwhelming! But not to worry, on my skin that vanishes right away.

On my skin, I am surprised by how nicely the notes blend - tea and chocolate almost become sort of one, and I can detect both if I think about them but they blend together perfectly if I don't. I get the berry too - which made me nervous at first, because sometimes berry can go really weird and plasticky on me. It does, briefly - but then it mingles with everything else and it's fine.

Now, hours after application, it's still present on my wrist - a feat, for me! And it's so well-blended. The musk has come out a bit, and it's nice, if a little bit sharp, and I think it's helping the scent stick around. The berry, a teensy bit plasticky due to my chemistry, is there, but soft.

There are things about it that aren't perfect with my chemistry, but it's good enough that I don't mind that. This is a really nice, beautifully-blended scent that does actually tell a bit of a story.

In a Crowd smells so unbelievably gorgeous in the bottle. It's all creamy chocolate and a light, golden, cakey smell.

On my skin, I get the burst of weird lemon that other reviewers have mentioned (maybe there's lemon in the hot tea, or the berries are going really sour). It's a sharp, sour lemon smell. Thankfully, it calms down after about fifteen minutes and the cake and creamy chocolate notes come dancing back on to the scene. It smells more like a lemon poundcake and hints of creamy chocolate as it dries down. It also has a smooth, warm quality that keeps this from being really foodie (I'm guessing that's the golden musk, though I don't get a strong musk feel from this).

This smells really pretty in the bottle and in the drydown, but I wish that it weren't so lemony at first. Still, I like this, and I can see myself wearing this one a lot. It's warm and comforting. And I love the little lion on the label ^_^. I'm also interested in seeing how this ages.

In the bottle: getting the tea and cream right away but it's being drowned in the musk. I do get a little bit of the berry also. This is kinda like Miller vs. California but with more notes.

On me: musk totally takes over with some cake screaming for help in the background. Now getting a little bit of the berries too. The chocolate escapes me though.

Overall this is another scent that I think I'm going to let age a bit before I wear it. I would like this scent better if there was no musk involved.

I tried to resist wearing this for as long as pssible after it arrived to let it settle, but only managed 2 days. I'll try it again in a few more and edit this as I suspect the missing musk might appear.

Bottle: Cake

Wet: Cocoa and cake and a touch of something fruity

Dry: Cake, chocolate (not the chocolate note I'm used to though- this is quite different), a hint of berries and something creamy. I'm not getting the musk for some reason.

On me, this is chocolate buttercream musk with a tiny hint of berry. I will elaborate further when I put more on after Doctor Who. <_<

In the bottle, this smells very similar to I Fell In Love With a Floating Brain and Beaver Moon '07, only a touch darker; cake, berries, and I think that I'm catching either the chocolate or the tea note. Once on my skin, the tea and a lemony scent (maybe the leonine musk?) amps. Hmmm. Not quite what I was expecting. We'll see what this does. The lemon tea fades out after a couple of hours to a berry scent, and then finally down to a cake scent that's a bit on the moist side and very similar to IFILWaFB (and makes me want to retest that scent again). Doesn't quite work on me, sadly. Ah, well, though; there's definitely going to be someone out there who wants this.

Edited by Venneh

In decant: Almost a cookie smell with a touch of cream

Wet: Musk and sugar

Drydown: Now the berries are coming out.

Later: This one lasts! Berry cake scent with a touch of musk. Best of the inquisitions that I’ve tried!

Wow.. this is *strong* when first applied, I could swear I smelt ginger in there, like ginger cake. And a very strong musk - "alarming" from the description is bang-on.. I was kinda startled by the intensity of this when it first hit my skin. But once dry, that changed into a musky tea smell and I am definitely picking up some lemon. After about half an hour on my skin, I'm finally getting the berries, cream and chocolate but that cake-y vibe is still lingering, the musk is still quite intense and there seems to be something anise-like in there as well - a definite licorice type of smell is lurking somewhere.

To me, this is quite a cacophony of smells - I can't quite work it out, which is somewhat unsettling to my nose/brain. I keep huffing it, but it keeps changing and I'm still not sure exactly what's going on. It's just intriguing, and I agree with previous reviewers that this is definitely one to keep and age a little - it's rather loud right now, so a short stay in Stashville might smooth it out a bit. I think it perfectly embodies the chaos of the "Left His Nurse.." story, which is actually one of my favourite Belloc tales - although I was always on the side of Ponto the lion rather than Jim, who clearly deserved his fate :D

This starts off as mouth watering, jaw dropping luscious milk chocolate creamy goodness. Like being inside of a chocolate factory, face first into some molten milk chocolate. If it stayed here I'd live in the bottle, slather it all over myself and do bad things to the bottle!

Then the cream note actually comes out...completely with the other complex little monsters to make it chemical and unpleasant. That being said the cream note does this to me 9 out 10 times...like the glowing vulva scent that everyone loves.

I cry for this scent...it starts off as THE BEST chocolate I've ever smelled.

Sadness from a foodie lover. :blush:

Wet on my skin, I'm getting Lemon Pound Cake as well. Very very nummy. :yum:

Perhaps the lemon I am getting comes from the tea note? Regardless, it smells fabulous. :thumbsup:

On the dry down, I'm getting the berry note and musk now, and a lovely smooth milk chocolate note.

This blend is DIVINE. :thud:

From the bottle I smell mostly tea and chocolate. On the skin the cream and berries come out a bit more as well as the musk. I was expecting a more foody experience, but I don't smell cake at all and the musk is keeping it from going full on foody. I like this mish mash of notes. The actual scent compared to the listed notes was unexpected and pleasant.

Wet: Tea, chocolate, cream, and berries on the first whiff. :thud: This almost knocked me silly from the strength.

Dry: Chocolate cake with red raspberries and sauce with a dollop of cream with hint of lemon tea on the side. :yum: I don't know how Beth puts all of this in one scent but she sure knows what she is doing.

In Bottle - Oh yeah, definitely dark chocolate and raspberry.

Wet on Skin, First Applied -The chocolate sort of fades out and the cake gains some prominence, but it doesn't override the berry at all. This smells a lot like some sort of mixed berry coulis with a little piece of chocolate cake.

Dry, on Skin - Stays pretty much as it was in the first stage, the cake strengthens a bit throughout time, but the sweet berry syrup remains the strongest note--it's a raspberry, lemon mix. Not too strong, not too sweet, and definitely nowhere near acrid, like I was sort of worried about. Very pretty, but I think I'll be content with a decant. Sort of reminds me of a Tootsie Roll Pop, but with cake.

Wow, I don't get any chocolate like most others are getting. On me, Left His Nurse is a freshly baked pan of sugary lemon bars. It's foody, but not chocolatey, and the dominate note is definitely lemon sugar. I'm as weirded out as the other reviewers who mentioned lemon, but I'm definitely not complaining. Despite being foody, it also has a fresh, clean aspect to it. Delicious!

Colourless oil. Tea, lots of tea, soft milk chocolate, a lot of cake that smells a little musty, buttercream frosting, and yes, some musk! It's lightly creamy but not buttery, thank god, and I don't get too much chocolate. The berry note is light and a bit artificial smelling.

Still lots of tea, but more cake, and it's more musty. This is very food but it's not that rich or heavy or super-sweet - it's a light scent overall. Now I get where people are smelling citrus - I think it's the tartness of the berry note and also the tea (which is so strong and tea has sort of piney-citrus overtones to my nose). It's definitely raspberry. Less creamy, in fact, no longer creamy at all.

Sweeter. The fruit is gone, but the tea is still going strong and it cuts a little of the foodiness. This isn't creamy, but it's dairy-ish, it's gone a bit buttery, which I think is the milk chocolate amping and turning on me (MC being a nemesis note on me). And the cake is quite musty indeed in that baked goods weird powdery way. The musk is rather sweet, and it reminds me exactly of the sort of ambery musk in Berry Moon.

I can't handle the rancid milk chocolate and musty cake in the final drydown, though the tea note is nice. I'm also not a fan of this type of sort of dusty musk. As the milk chocolate turns on my skin this really amps up and has tremendous, nauseating throw and lasts for quite a while.

Yeah, milk chocolate is fail on me. :ack:

The first note I get is berry, raspberry, mixed with tea, cream, and chocolate. Delicious! and I usually don't go for tea scents.

I get buttery dough, berries, a trace of chocolate. I find this pretty tasty, and for once the cream doesn't go to plastic on me! On the drydown, I get a fair amount of musk. It's slightly masculine.

It's very light on me. I am not sure how much I would reach for this blend, but I do like it. Perhaps I'll track down another decant.

ETA: Okay, so I lied. I totally need this blend. On drydown its vanilla cake, with a hint of berries and this delicious golden musk. YUM :yum: Like golden cake. Yes, I smell like golden cake. TASTY. Who doesn't want to smell tasty?

Edited by zankoku_zen

I finally got my mitts on this one, it's my favorite of the Inquisition's I have tried thus far. This smells wonderful in the vial and on the skin. I am getting fresh baked lemon pound cake dunked in a teacup of hot tea. Some of the slices of pound cake are frosted with Belgian milk chocolate frosting. This smells delicious!

I wish I would have gotten to these earlier, I would have snagged up a few bottles of this one alone. I did not necessarily need three or more t-shirts though. :D

Creamy lemon tea with strawberry chocolates & cake. The milk chocolate is almost non-existent. The berries, however are very dominant. Their sweet, ripe and really juicy. This is spectacular. I thought that maybe there were too many notes going on, for any single one of them to be identifiable. This is simply not the case. The tea is creamy, with hints of lemon and the cake & berries stand out.

The combo of berry and chocolate just does not cut it for me. This does not change from wet to dry, just creamy berry chocolate, which I don't like to eat either, so this is no surprise that this is not a win.