Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cfrancesca

Comforting Plush Companion

COMFORTING PLUSH COMPANION
Warm, snuggly honey musk with sweet vanilla and a hint of rose and sugar plums.

What a snuggly pretty scent! :wub2:
I'm getting the honey, vanilla and a hint of sugared roses, I'm not really getting the sugar plums (which I prefer) . I also seem to be getting a foody cake note but it's not listed. A very comforting scent, a bit too light but I'll give it a couple weeks to retest when it isn't so fresh.

Oh....this is snugglelicious! Soft honey'd musk, vanilla and sugar plums, oh my! No rose that I can smell. At first the honey'd vanilla musk was the top note, but sugar plum comes out to play at the end.

Got "Doodad" and "Bauble" for imps in a cute little velvet stocking...haven't sniffed the imps yet as of this review, though.

This is exactly like I thought it would be. You can totally detect each note. (Warm, snuggly honey musk with sweet vanilla and a hint of rose and sugar plums)

If you are worried about too much rose, do not fear. It's very soft and pretty.

Has a very Victorian feel to it.

I predict this will be very popular.

So warm and soft, just like the stuffed animals this is named after.

In the bottle it is sweet but not overpoweringly so. The honey is the dominant note sniffed in the bottle. Then when I apply the oil, it smells very similar to what Bilquis smells like on me: musky honey almond, yet there is the spicy fruit mixed in that is the sugar plums. Dry its all musky vanilla with the plummyness, no more honey. This definately going to be one of those oils that is sought after as the months progress from everyone that missed out on the Inquisition for various reasons. Soooo yummy!

Delicious! I definitely get honey right out of the bottle, tempered by creamy vanilla.....it's almost a cake-like combination. And the sugared plums are definitely present. I tested this earlier, just out of the mailbox, and once it was dried down the plums were definitely front and center. This is going to age really, really well i think. This is a very warm, inviting scent. It isn't overly sweet though, and it avoids being foody. I haven't really gotten any rose from it yet, but time will tell.

ETA: This is a near perfect combo for me, a bit of a blend of Pink Snowballs, Bordello, and Lights of Men's Lives. All three of which are blends i love!

Edited by Hillary

In Imp: Soft, salty floral

Wet: VERY buttery and a little salty...like popcorn topping. Bilquis-like popcorn that isn't quite as nasty as Bilquis is on me (Bilquis is like the popcorn on your soles that you scrape off on my skin!).

Early drydown: Sweet floral musk with a touch of salt...butter has mostly melted away. No rose but a smidge of plum is sneaking out.

Later: This is lovely...no more buttered popcorn (with apologies to James Brown)! Just honey plum musk blended together in a sweetly comforting scent. A plush companion, you might say.

Not sure if I need a whole bottle because I HATE the bad beginning. But I will try and pick up a few imps.

Edited by tarotgirl

At first, this was all honey, reminiscent of Mead Moon. Then, I got this sudden blast of ROSES OMG ROSES ... uh-oh, roses DO amp on me. But somehow, the plum tamed it. It's a nice berry-fruit scent, grounded by a hint of floral and with a puddle of honey lying underneath. Not bad at all. Somehow, this seems more appropriate for spring, Valentine's time maybe, so I'll probably put it away and test it again then.

Comforting Plush Companion smells a bit better in the bottle than it does on me. In the bottle, the musky parts of this keep the scent from being too sweet. On my skin, this is a sweet, honeyed vanilla and a soft plum smell. My skin usually amps up rose, but I don't get a lot of rose from this. Sometimes I think that I smell rose, but that might just be because I'm looking for it to pop up somewhere. It smelled a bit like fruity candy at first, but dries down to a soft plum with sweeter notes. It's not bad, but the sweetness turns almost nutty smelling and cloying on me.

This one is just a little too sweet for me. It makes me think of little kids with sticky hands covered in candy.

In decant: musky vanilla?

Wet: vanilla cake. I’m not getting rose or plums at all.

Drydown: Now the rose and plum comes out and it is all very pretty. Gorgeous scent!

Later: Alas, this one only lasts a few hours. But it smelled fantastic!

goes on great…smells like deep cake notes. wow this is much more foodie than i expected! I don't get any conflicting musk notes, nor is the honey amping on me (fear!). As it dries down the rose note comes out...reads mostly like floral with fruit. Not bad. I like the wet scent and initial dry scent better…what I'm left with is something short of a typical floralfruity perfume scent. this started out much better for me but i can see how this might appeal to a lot of people...it's very well blended and the fruit note is lovely, just not quite for me.

moderate throw.

Wet on my skin, buttery baked goods.

As it dries, the rose and sugar plums emerge and it smells a bit less "baked".

Dries down to soft rose and plum spice.

I was so excited for Comforting Plush Comapnion when I saw the notes. Honey is my most loved note, I love vanilla, rose is either ok or invisible, but plum. Plum is either total win or total fail. Midwinter's Eve and Prunella's plum was really stemmy and vegetative- not a win, so I was really apprehensive. And while the oil is wet, it's a sweet sugar plum scent. I keep nervously waiting for it to get vegetative, but it doesn't happen- hurray! As the oil dries, the honey comes out. Maybe it's because I read reviews before I sniffed the oil, but I do smell a nuttiness to the honey. Something is making the honey a little sweeter than it normally is on my skin (honey is a sweet note, yes, but it's not particularly sweet on me). Maybe it's the vanilla. Honey also usually lasts longer on me than it does here; unfortunately, Comforting Plush Companion tamps off in a couple of hours. I do like this, and I'm hoping that with some age it might last a little longer on me and the honey will become stronger.

This really is a very snuggly scent, definitely representative of its name!

On my skin, it's all about the honey. It's a dusky, powdery honey - sweet but not overly so, and the musk aspect is quite sultry. The rose never really made an appearance - which is unusual since anything involving rose usually turns out to be all ROSE for me - but I can smell the plum.. very faint, but it's there, although it really only came out after about 30 minutes once the honey had softened up a bit. After 1 hour, I can hardly find where it is on my arm.. it's faded away to almost nothing.

This one reminds me a little of Mead Moon, but it's not as strong or sweet as that was - Plush Companion has a more 'cakey' feel. If your skin handles honey well, then I'd say go for it - this is one of the nicest BPAL honey blends that I've tried.

I'm learning honey and honey-like notes can be hit or miss on me, but the honey musk in Lady Una plays very nice on my skin and the same goes for Comforting Plush Companion. The honey musk and vanilla is fuzzy and warm, and the rose and plum is soft and sweet. I don't get a sense of baked goods, but it is a sugary scent yet not candy-like. It also has a nice throw and long lasting.

Origin: decant in Inquisition circle off-forum

Initial Thoughts: I'm not sure about honey and musk on my skin and rose doesn't always behave on me. But I adore, adore, ADORE how my teddy bear smells after years of being squished against me at night.

In the Vial: That...is an incredibly foody scent for something that doesn't really seem to have food in the notes...honey...sugared plums... It's pie, pastry, buttery, and sweet.

Wet: More of the same so far, with maybe the barest peep of rose and plum.

Drydown: The musk amps, as musk tends to do on me. It brings out the honey, and while it's still foody in nature, it's not so much pie-from-the-oven now. It turns sweeter; I think the vanilla comes out as well.

Verdict: Well, this starts out smelling nothing like I expected. It's not a bad scent to me, but probably not one I'll keep. It should go to someone who loves honey and gently foody scents.

Edited by puck_nc

In Bottle - Sugar plums...I think. It's sweet and vaguely fruity at first.

Wet on Skin, First Applied - Oh, yes. This is gorgeous. Honeyed musk, I'm totally smelling that. I had no idea how great it could be! Something in the background, too, that is sort of dough-ish. Not cake, some other kind of dough that isn't neccesarily sweet, but isn't savory either. Bread? Pancake? It's a gorgeous base, whatever it is.

Dry, on Skin - That honey musk just warms up the entire time, and that background dough scent is just hanging back. It smells really great, comfortable for sure--without being too sleep-inducing. Just warm and safe. The fruit that I smell in the imp completely dissipated. I want a 5ml of this badly.

This is fuzzy.

I get a slightly musky honey, sweet and with white flowers. More than anything, there was the impression of 'plush'. It really does give off a fuzzy vibe.

Odd, and yet kinda incredible. I am also amazed that rose hasn't dominated this blend.

On the skin: A sweet, yet slightly fruity floral honey. A strange combo, very different than the honey florals of Flower Moon. This blend kinda confuses me. I am not sure why, but I just keep thinking: Honey...? Yes, but something else.... Plum? Definitely yes, but smells kinda sickly sweet with the honey.... Rose? That must be it! Floral!

Wow, it really is a mix of all these. Crazy! My nose just doesn't know what to think! Or what it's smelling....

Later, this blend loses the strange honey scent and becomes pure plum and floral. Not too bad, but something in this scent just keeps making me go: Wha?!?!

This is so pretty!

Once applied, I get creamy soft and sweet plummy vanilla musk with a touch of soft sugared rose. The rose is very slight, which is a miracle because I amp rose like whoa! In this one, the rose is just a background note binding the plum, and vanilla. I kind of wish that I had purchased a big bottle of this, but as it is, I will love my little baby portion decant forever. It's really growing on me big time!

Verdict? om nyom nyom nyom!! :yum:

In the bottle, this smells like vanilla and honey musk; actually quite snuggly and beautiful. It's pretty much the same on my skin. I'm really liking this.

Oh drat I was hoping to get the honey and vanilla more so with this one, all I am getting is tea rose,tea rose,tea rose. =(

Cuddly, warm, soft and innocent. Its sweet, vanilla-infused honey musk, with the faintest hint of sugared plum. Roses are completely undetectable to my nose. The honey musk, thankfully stays gentle and behaves and doesn't turn into O on my skin (O smells like a bathroom on me :blush: ).

It reminds me of a slightly softer/fuzzier version of Sleipnir- similar honey note and level of sweetness, but I think Comforting Plush is a bit sexier and has better throw and staying power. Its an adorably snuggly blend!

Well, this is really SUPER sweet on my skin. The honey and vanilla combination and the sugar plums is almost tooth-aching on me. There's not a whole lot of rose on my skin. Overall very very sweet!

Oh this is a surprise hit with my skin chemistry. This is a comforting plush companion. Honey musk is sweetened even further with vanilla and sugar plums. There is just the slightest hint of rose, and somehow the greenery of rose stems tempers the sweetness just a bit. Lovely.

This is a somewhat citrussy sweet blend on me somehow. I get a bit of buttery foodiness when wet, but that quickly fades. It ends up being a rather pretty, sweet plum slightly musky blend. I'm not sure why I get citrus, maybe it's the plum? I'm quite surprised that I like this, as I thought the honey musk would make this too sweet. That is not the case, and my chemistry this is just lovely. I'd like a bottle, but know that it is nearly impossible to find. For now, I'll enjoy the decant. :wub2:

eta: Half and hour later, and the fungus note of doom comes out. WHY!!?? I thought only pomegranate did this to me. Oh well, maybe it's a good thing considering that this is HTF.

Edited by milo