Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
cinderfallen

Tuberose

I really love tuberose but it's in so few of the blends here! Are there any "secret" tuberose blends that you can share? For example, I just found by trying Sacred Whore of Babylon that it's really gardenia, tuberose, and spice on me--and I always say yes to more tuberose! Such a lovely, waxy, cool, bulging-sweet AWESOME note.

I really love tuberose but it's in so few of the blends here! Are there any "secret" tuberose blends that you can share? For example, I just found by trying Sacred Whore of Babylon that it's really gardenia, tuberose, and spice on me--and I always say yes to more tuberose! Such a lovely, waxy, cool, bulging-sweet AWESOME note.

I love the tuberose scent in the current Yule "In Winter in my Room". It comes with a grapefruit top note and some other florals, but the tuberose is definitely there. Maybe try a decant of that (plenty of spots in the Decant Circles thread).

Dreamland. It's a past LE, but was revisited for a DD Trunk Show a year or so ago and shouldn't be terribly hard to find if you put up a round of ISOs.

I can't recall if tuberose is listed in the description for Dreamland, but to me, that's nearly all I get from the blend, and I LOVE it! Very soft, waxy, and classic tuberose. It smells exactly like Illuminations' Tuberose candle that they sold each spring.

I've been wearing Noche Buena a lot recently. It's got a lot of different floral notes mingling, but the tuberose note stands out as one of the stronger elements, at least on my skin. :) I'm not usually a "floral FLORAL FLORAL!" kind of girl but for some reason this combination is really fun and compelling:

The light, uplifting incense of the Misa de Noche Buena, purple sage, and a vibrant bouquet of plumeria, chrysanthemum, tuberose, Angel's Trumpet, Mexican tiger lily, dahlia, and azucenas.

Oooh, Noche Buena sounds good. It's funny because I don't even remember that blend--my eyes just glance right over. Looking at it now is like, whoa! Sounds interesting!

Privilege wasn't really a tuberose blend. It was really light and my chemistry did funky things with it, sigh.

And the tuberose, osmanthus, honey musk sounds very much like it would be a Salon blend if it ever came out... I can only hope.

Glad I found this topic! Tuberose is one of my favorite flowers EVAH. I adore Dreamland.

You might also try Khajuraho, from past Lupercalia scents; it's discontinued but pretty easy to find. It packs a punch, though, I warn you - it's amber, honey, date, champaca flower, tuberose and rose. I happen to LOVE and HOARD Khajuraho, but it's a bit much for many people.

GC scents with tuberose: Delight - frangipani, rose, tuberose and jasmine; La Belle au Bois Dormant; Muse (love this one!), Sed non Satiata, Nocturne (I love this one - it's violet and tuberose), Carnaval Diabolique and Marguerite from CD; and Pepper from Good Omens.

There's also the recent Luper Plovers Above the Waves, it's: Rice flower, white cream, tea roses, abalone accord, white moss, beeswax, tuberose, and red currant.

Extremely yummy!

I always thought Follow Me Boy had tuberose. Maybe that's just me, though. I'd still recommend to give it a try if tuberose is a note you love.

I love tuberose! Reviving this topic in case there are any other tuberose lovers out there. My fave blends with tuberose include: The Sorceress, Vain Sorceress, Plovers Above the Waves, Alma Venus, Lullaby, and Ava. I'm really looking forward to The Head from this year's Lupercalia release!

I was never a fan of tuberose in absolute form (maybe i've not smelled really good ones) but I do love it in perfume blends, esp when the lab uses it.

I love ava, and also butterflies flowers and jewels attending.

also looking forward to sniffing the head.

I'm really looking forward to The Head from this year's Lupercalia release!

I am too, can't wait!

I learned recently that there was once (2006?) a Tuberose SN. Would have /died./

Try Lullaby, and Fairy Thorn if you can get it.

Oh yes, Fairy Thorn! I love that one also. :)

I'm really looking forward to The Head from this year's Lupercalia release!

I am too, can't wait!

I learned recently that there was once (2006?) a Tuberose SN. Would have /died./

I never tried that one, but I wish I had!

I second the recommended Ava and Butterflies Flowers and Jewels Attending and add two of my favorite oils: Stardust and Radiance of the Opium Dream

Posting to revive this thread cause i love tuberose, too! Consoling Pussy of Horseface mountain is gorgeous murky blue green (in my head) tuberose. Mori girl is actually very close to it but slightly sweeter imo.

Swans on the River is definitely worth a try too. I'm still not sure I've accurately teased out which note is tuberose, but it's such a pretty blend.

Sign in to follow this