Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fairnymph

The Glass Eater

Based on reviews elsewhere (WC threads, I believe), I was expecting something light, bright and full of bulb florals (daffodil and such) - and I was so very much looking forward to it! But when I tested this at WCWC....DIRT SN. :cry2: I am not a fan of smelling like soil or dirt. I hope and pray that it was contaminated and when I get the decant I swapped for recently I'll compare.

Dirt, the damp moist kind, and something that is probably white flowers because it is soapy and slightly powdery on me. Similar to how Ol’ Roswell Cemetery dried down on me. Turning perfumier with an added sheen of sweetness as it dries.

The Glass Eater is dirt- not graveyard dirt intense, but a distinctly dusty earthy note, and a sharp gleaming crystalline edge- almost like wet sparkling sand with a bit of dry dirt sprinkled on top.

I recognize this scent. This is Doozers without the vegetal/radish note.

The Glass Eater starts out as grass with a hint of dirt and a light cologne scent. It doesn't morph a lot but it goes a bit powdery when it dries down. The cologne bit reminds me of The Torture Queen's white amber. All of these notes sound ..well not good together but the result is very nice. It's a unisex scent to me.

I've had this for a while now and had forgotten to review it!

I get a very soft, damp (amost watery/aquatic) grass and dirt smell with some ozone (it must be the 'glass' note) and maybe a hint of metal as it dries. It kind of reminds me of sea of glass, that similar glass accord. It's an overall very pleasant, light, and soothing smell to me, not too strong or sharp as some ozone or aquatic scents can be. I'm not sure why but the overall scent makes me think of a freshwater pond. I'm surprised by how much I like this despite not usually being a fan of these types of scents.

I get a very high toned crystalline note, like from House of Mirrors, whiff of creamy white florals, its a very ozone/aquatic on me. Good throw and wear length.

Soft loam, dewy "mist" or "grass" notes, and a citrusy mirror-glass note. It's also reminiscent of the metallic note from Needle in a Haystack.