Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Eutectic

In Winter in My Room

Pink, lank, and warm: grapefruit, yuzu, tuberose, peony, violet leaf, pikaki, Indian frankincense, and tonka.

Light and floral in the imp. On my skin, I didn't get any of the grapefruit, but it smelled oddly like Red Whips for a short while before going floral again. Several hours later, I can really smell the peony and tuberose, but it's slightly soapy. It's pleasant, but not a favorite.

Very bright scent. It's a floral that is quite reminicent of a bathroom scent that someone else mentioned. I get no grapefruit. I'm really not liking this scent. Nothing special.

I really liked the title of this too.....

Sweet fruits and a hint of smoky incense. This is pretty, and for some reason, much sweeter than I expected. Over time, it stays very true to the grapefruit, but not so juicy as to be an extreme fruit blend. Instead, it's sweet and warm. This feels more like a springtime scent than a yule one, but I suppose that's the point. :)

Edited by Voleuse

I can't pick out specific notes in this one. It's a warm, sweet, slightly fruity floral on me. It starts citrusy (must be the grapefruit), then as it dries, it gets warmer and smoother. It's really well-blended and lovely. I love this one to pieces and wish that I had gotten a half bottle of this one instead of the Lick It blend!

Out of the bottle and wet, for some reason this immediately reminded me of pixie stixs! It had that slap in the face sweetness, and I knew I would love it.

Drying down the florals are coming out, yet I don't hate it. I seem to actually like things with Tuberose, and the Peony seems to really add to it.

Im now reminded of sugar coated edible flowers adorning a glamourous wedding cake. I really thought with the florals that I would hate this, but I'm actually IN LOVE!! It's sweet, which I love, but different than all the other sweet ones I love.

Of course I would fall in love with something unattainable at this point.

Oddly, I don't get the grapefruit at all!!??

Aw, I thought this was a no-brainer. I get deliciously tart yuzu and grapefruit, but somewhere along the line, something goes wrong and it turns into a dryer-sheet scent.

Edited by Gin

ITB: It's bright and fizzy, like a pink grapefruit cocktail brimmed with violet sugar.

Wet: Candied grapefruit, yuzu, violet leaf, peony all come together in a beautifully feminine scent so far.

Dry: It gets a touch powdery, but it's still a candied fruit and floral delight.

Pink for sure, but no grapefruit on me. Peony and tuberose, with some white floral behind it. Nothing sharp about this to me, it's all creamy florals.

For the 2015 version, it is definitely pink, even a little juicy. The grapefruit is relatively subtle. It's sweet and creamy for a floral. It's rather..yummy!

What a stunning fragrance!

In the bottle this is rich citrus and creamy vanilla. It reminds me of a pastry with Lemmon shortbread and custard... But it's not foodie even though I'm getting the thought of that imagery. On the skin the grapefruit picks up immediately after an initial blast of sweet and creamy candy citrus.

My first thought was "yes! This is the perfect citrus scent I have been searching for! Give me a gallon!" I truly may need a back up of this.

As it dries the sour grapefruit that came forth begins to back off and all of the variety of citrus notes mingle. The creamy floral begins to join the party too, quietly, but enough to ground the strong citrus. I don't think I smell much violet if any, maybe faintly as it dries further. I suspect it will be a note that lingers once the oil has been on my skin for a few hours, violet tends to do that on me. I seem to be missing the frankincense too. The tonka, which is what I registered as that custardy vanilla note has dissipated mostly too, but it's there just enough to hold the scent together. For a few moments it seemed like it was returning strongly but it backed off again. The notes are having a quiet battle.

I had hoped this would be a ringer dupe for the fragrance "Hello" from Harvey prince. And while its of a similar family it's missing some of the warmth and cheeriness that Hello has. If the scent in the bottle translated directly to skin I would drown myself in the stuff.

For a scent that's floral, citrus and creamy tonka, it does very much have a chilly crisp edge like the name would suggest rather than something warming and upbeat.

I still love this one a lot and may require a back up for aging. I think aging this would bring out the tonka, violet and frankincense on the skin more. Yum!

I love this in the bottle. I get lots of bright, candied citrus and a hint of vanillic tonka. I see images of froofy, frozen drinks piled high with tiny umbrellas and fruit. It's delicious. Unfortunately, something in this goes soapy on me in the dry down. I'm guessing the tuberose. I still like it, but I can resist a bottle for now. Perhaps age will subdue the soap. (Crosses fingers)

I've no idea why I wanted to try this one, since yuzu is one of my worst death notes, and frankincense very often is a super killer for me. But... this? Quite pretty, actually. The Lab's peony note is one of my favorites of all time, and I can definitely smell it in this. This is sweetly pretty and kind of cute.

This is surprisingly awesome. One of those shockers that you're pretty sure will be awful but you try it anyway... and it rocks. It's kind of cheerful and happy and pretty, and I sort of love it.

I don't know that I connect the scent in this bottle to anything remotely winter (unless you are vacationing away from the snow someplace deliciously tropical) but I adore this scent. bright, fruity, just syrupy-rich enough without going into toothache zone. kinda tropical, kinda citrusy. reminding me of the perfume calyx but not at all a dupe of said scent.

much like a vacation to a warm place in the middle of an east coast winter, this was a delightful and refreshing surprise. pretty and brightly feminine.

Very odd, not what I expected. Not a bad thing per sé, but not winter-y to me. More... spring!
I get this very juicy-red fruit, mostly grapefruit and something citrus-y. Kinda dies on my skin quickly. Sad, cause I don't dislike it.

In the imp: very tart citrus.

Wet: tart citrus plus heady florals (hello tuberose!)

Dry: The frankincense and tonka help the tuberose and pikake from going to tropical on me. I get mostly these notes, and just the lightest hints of bright citrus around it. While it doesn't exactly strike me as a Yule, this is a nice bright and refreshing blend for the cooler months.

I bought this last year after I tried a friend's decant of it and feel in love with the sparkling citrus (that grapefruit/yuzu combo) that it opened with. Recently it's come back in my regular wear rotation, so I wanted to share with others - like some of the reviewers of the older versions of this scent have noted, as this scent ages the citrus notes fade. Now it's just a heavily floral scent which no shred of the citrus that made me buy it in the first place. It's not an unpleasant floral, but very heavy and to my mind a little old fashioned smelling (I think that must be the tuberose coming out strongly). There is a "coolness" to the florals that I can't quite pin down, but it definitely is a winter scent in my mind. Rather than the pink worm of the poem, the image that comes to me when I wear this is heavy white flowers covered in snow.