That time I flew
Both eyes his way
Lest he pursue
Nor ever ceased to run
Till in a distant Town
Towns on from mine
I set me down
This was a dream.

Pink, lank, and warm: grapefruit, yuzu, tuberose, peony, violet leaf, pikaki, Indian frankincense, and tonka.

In the bottle this scent reminds me of one of the tiki scents. Pink and fruity. Just on the pink fruits jump to the surface and make this unbelieveably fruity and girly. Soon though it starts to balance out and the other notes gain dominence and start to calm to fruit down a bit. This is a clean sort of scent, not soapy just clean and girly. I can't see wanting to wear this now but can see me reaching for it often once spring comes. Or on days I am home bundled up in my room on dark cold days this would be a great lift scent-wise!

Without the notes my observation was "Ripe Fruit and Full-Bodied Florals".

Apparently, Winter In My Room means daydreaming about warm tropical climates, pouring through travel leaflets for Hawaii and watching South Pacific.

I was a bit surprised to find out the fruit notes were yuzu and grapefruit as they are fairly reliable for me. I'd guessed Melon which is probably due to the assertive, sweet and creamy embrace of the Tuberose/Peony combo mixing with the Pikaki.

I do like this but am finding it doesn't quite reach its full potential with my skin chemisty.

Perhaps if I was younger or going on a cruise this Winter and needed a perfume to go with my new sarong.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

This will probably be my shortest review ever. From when I sniffed it in the bottle, all the way to the dry-down, it was sparkling grapefruit with a hint of sugar! This would be lovely as a springtime scent.

In the bottle: Very very sweet, light citrus, very pink and pretty

Wet: The tuberose comes out to play, along with the tonka, but the pink citrus is still there balancing in the background

Drydown: More tuberose, and now I can smell the violet note. It's a rounder floral. The citrus has faded a lot.

Overall: This reminds me of a pink, wet worm, in a good way. Cool and floral, and wet.

ETA: After a couple of months, the flowers have strengthened and the grapefruit has tamed. The throw has also gotten strong. I'm not sure this really works with my body chemistry any more =/

Edited by lizzyshoe

I agree with the previous reviewers...this is pink, sparkly, girly and clean. The perfect blend of citrus and floral...a wonderful scent for spring or a gloomy day in the winter....I love the grapefruit burst and the hints of tonka, peony and tuberose!

This starts off with the same Tiki-wet-ocean scent of Moana, but takes a different tack during drydown. Whereas Moana headed off towards gardenia-water, In Winter in my Room's yuzu really starts to add the sparkling sweet gummy-bear citrus to the mix.

Sadly, yuzu and I do not get along, so the scent, bright and sparkling and tropical, pretty much shifts towards the uber-sweet yuzuness, on my skin at least.

But... if you like yuzu... do it!

In Winter In My Room reminds me so much of Aizen-Myoo when I first apply it! It's not nearly as piercingly citrus, but very smooth and sweet, but it totally smells like the almost buttery-sweet Asian persimmon (kaki) and yuzu blend in Aizen-Myoo. Then the peony pops its head out, so it's a bit more floral-astringent. I don't think people should be afraid at all of the "tropical flowers" because the tuberose is very well behaved here (sadly--I LOVE tuberose) and it only serves to give luscious body to the blend. I think it's the violet leaf that's giving a bit of the "fuzzy" quality to the top, and then the pikaki kicks in a bit, with its slightly waxy tropical feel. The tonka mellows everything out, creams it, so nothing is high-pitched, and the frankincense only serves to restrain and mellow out the scent.

Sweet and slightly tart, it's a softened Aizen-Myoo with a gentle flurry of waxy-sweet flower petals. It reminds me more of the Asian blends than the outright tropical Tikis. It's actually shot up to become one of my all-time favorite BPAL blends. (My other favorite is Tiki Queen.)

This starts off as light citrus grapefruit. Floral notes emerge quickly. Has an aquatic feel to it. Very light throw and fades a bit fast on me.

This is beautiful. It reminds me of a really high end perfume that doesn't smell commercial at all (Stella by Tocca, if you're curious).

First on, you get that sharp lightness from the citrus, specifically the yuzu. It's a bit cold feeling at first, due to the overwhelming citrus. That quickly fades and it starts to mellow out. I start getting this round, pink feeling. It's creamy and yummy. The citrus is still there to add a bit of lightness but the tonka, Tuberose, and Peony have come to play. I smell a bit of the frank but it's not strong and overwhelming (which frank tends to do on me). It just adds a bit of *darkness* into all this light these notes are making together.

In the end, it all just melds together to make this wonderfully light (it's throw is decent so that's not what I'm talking about) roundness made up of citrus and florals. They just go together so well that the meld into one smell.

LOVE.

This does smell surprisingly pink, lank, and warm on me! In the decant it was effervescent grapefruit and flowers. It dried down to comforting and warm tropical florals. I really love it, but my allergies have struck again and I have itchy red bumps where I applied it. I had wanted a bottle but... I guess not.

In bottle/imp: Quickly, I get the scent of something creamy and pink. Then as I smell more I get an initial blast of grapefruit, then florals, and then the tonka rounding it out.

Immediately on skin: This is a very complex scent. First, I smell the grapefruit and something that smells rather green. Below that comes the loveliest pink, slightly creamy floral scent with a touch of rich frankincense.

After a little while: This blend comes together nicely after just a little while. The grapefruit and yuzu die down a lot, and the sweet pink florals come out, along with a bit more of the resin and tonka. The tuberose adds a little bit of a darker floral tone, while the peony and pikaki are very sweet. It’s almost like a bright, sugared floral blend with a touch of resin and creaminess. Very pretty.

Overall Impressions: This blend is just lovely, from start to finish. It has a lot of grapefruit at first, then the florals, then resins underneath. After it dries down though it’s this pink sugared fruity floral blend with a bit of depth from the frankincense and tonka. I think this one may be bottle worthy.

Mmmm! This is lovely!

Light tropical and asian flowers, with a hint of citrus fruit, anchored by something dusky, smooth and slightly woody which is probably the tonka bean. This is floral, but not heady or in your face floral. Its a very well blended scent that is balanced well. I can definitely see why so many people get the happy tiki vibe from it. Its a happy scent that would be gorgeous all year round.

I expected bright bubbly fruit here, but as others have mentioned, this is shockingly warm!

Not impressed with the dry-down, though, as this turns into synthetic cherry air freshener they sometimes use in bathrooms. Guh.

Hm. It sounds like I got something very different from this than other folks. Pink, yes. But floral, and little else.

I get peony, yay! And the tuberose rather takes over. There is a light citrus fizz over all, but not enough that I pick out a specific type of citrus. No tonka whatsoever. It is very pink, but a dignified old lady who gives teas sort of pink.

Eventually on the dry down it gets candle waxy... boo!

GaH! Peony! Tuberose! Pikaki!

Warm, bright, lush tropical flowers.

So not winter.

Unless its like winter in Hawaii...

Hmm, another Yule that is not really Christmassy, as another reviewer noted above.. This is really citrussy on me. I get a a bit of tropical floral after a bit, but it is mostly sweet (and that's an overly sweet) citrus. It does threaten to go soapy, but never does. There's also a bit of that note that makes some blends smell like fungus on me. It is pretty faint, but present nonetheless. I'd probably buy a bottle of this if it wasn't as sweet as it is, and didn't have the dreaded note here that translates to mild fungus on my skin. Oh well.

One winter about fifteen years ago, it snowed so much that a Hummer got stuck on the hill outside my apartment for a week. My office closed for a couple of days. 24-hour grocery stores shut down at 5pm. The buses weren't running. The liquor store was open, though. I bought stuff to make margaritas and cookies (cactus-shaped, to match the margarita glasses, and, wow, *that* is a random detail to remember right now), cranked the heat in my apartment, and broke out the Jimmy Buffett. This oil is that weekend in a perfume. And now I want margaritas. And this is a perfect scent for me today even though it's technically still fall because it's damned cold here today, and I've got the heat turned up, although I haven't broken out the Jimmy Buffett or the margaritas. Not *Christmas-y*, but very *it's been so damned cold I'm losing my mind, so I'm going to turn the heat up and pretend I'm in the tropics today*. Or last December, when my family went to Disneyworld for a week right before Christmas, and my sister-in-law and I drank our way around the international part of Epcot one day while the boys (my dad, my brother/her husband, and their two sons) went on kid-oriented rides on the other side of the park.

As for the actual *scent*, it's in the same family as Velvet Tiki and pretty much everything in the Atomic Luau Lounge. Fruit, floral, and fizz. It started as super pink floral, but as it dries down, the grapefruit and yuzu come out. Very nice, and I'm a floral-hater. If I didn't already have about a dozen other oils in the same family, I would pick up a bottle, but I'm set. I'll keep the decant, though, because it's just different enough from the others that I just *know* I'll end up getting hit with a craving for it. Most likely on a Friday once I start working again, since Fridays are when I usually break out these sorts of scents.

This is warm and lank, as stated in the description, the predominant notes are the citrus, with the florals in the background. Sadly, something in this goes soapy on me as it dries down, it also doesn't last very long. Will test some more to see if the first time was a fluke, but this might go into the swap pile.

I was excited, but skeptical about this one. I love a good citrus blend, but there were some other notes I wasn't sure about.

In the bottle: definite bright citrus with some flowers in the background

wet: bubblegum. bright, fruity, bubblegum. :-(

dry: Fruitstripes Bubblegum.

I even asked the girl subletting my roommate's room to sniff me, she said I smelled like one of the fruity flavors of Bubblicious.

le sad.

in bottle - florals, and a hint of citrus

wet - this turns into ...an indistinguishable perfume like smell on me.

dry - same thing, but dustier.

This just doesnt work with my skin chemistry at all.

3/10

You know those transitioning days between Spring and Summer where the temperature is perfect, it's nice and sunny out with just a slight breeze? This scent makes me long for those days! It's so bright and cheerful on my skin. I'm definitely picking up a bottle and storing it for after the winter.

Another tropical-fruity Yule! The tonka gives this a warm and almost creamy base for all those florals and the fruits--the yuzu and grapefruit really dominate the blend and the flowers are there but I can't distinguish any of them individually. Warm and pink, indeed! This has pretty good staying power for a citrusy oil. Very cheerful, but not very Yule-y.

In the bottle, this smells like sweet tarts candies. On me, it smells like sweet tarts + a hint of slightly smoky, tropical floral.

I'm not a fan of this one. It smells tart, sweet and artificial...

In Winter in my Room is a surprise break in the yule belnds. This is warm, fun, slightly tropical blend that evokes memories of summer and the seasons to come. It is an uplifting blend with citrus and light florals and the tiniest hint of tonka and resins. Love it.

Edited by Schmoozy