Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hackess

Pumpkin Pie Bath Oil

PUMPKIN PIE BATH OIL
Devilishly decadent and a little bit ridiculous!

I was thrilled to see a pumpkin pie bath oil show up on the last update. I love pumpkin pie, and anything spicy and autumnal is right up my alley.

The scent is DIVINE. The tiny bit of spice I got in the bottle amped like whoa when applied. In the bottle, I also get a fairly strong whiff of what's probably pumpkin and buttery crust, but what reminds me very strongly of SEX, a little musky and rich and oh so devilishly decadent. ;)

Applied, it's all clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, and star anise -- all the beautifully warm spices that go into pumpkin pie. I only just used it in the shower, applying the usual way by putting a small amount in my hand and then rubbing over my arms, shoulders and upper chest. The scent is strong and makes me want to eat my hand. :)

Those with extremely delicate skin should probably not apply. I don't normally get red patches when I use spicy blends, but this one made the crooks of my elbows and the skin under my breasts (plus a nipple and my nose, which I must have accidentally touched while I still had oil on my hands) BURN.

As is normal with BPTP bath oils, it's definitely moisturizing; my skin is soft to the touch.

In the bottle I got a really rich pumpkin pie scent that is yummy. The spices blend nicely with a warm buttery pumpkin scent that to me is the smell of autumn.

In the bath, the pumpkin smell lessens and a cinnamon candy smell is the most prevalent. It's good, but not quite what I was expecting. As the review stated above, this is one oil that you will have to go light on, due to the cinnamon. I'm glad that I used it in the bath as even then some of my more sensitive bits got a little irratated.

After the bath the cinnamon smell goes away and the pumpkin smell stays to linger on the skin. All in all this is a wonderful bath oil and I'm interested to see if the pumpkin will deepen over time. This might be a two bottle scent. :)

In the bottle it's pumpkin pie fillling, lots of spices and quite a bit of the crust too! You first blast is the filling, then the spices linger on your nose, and then you are left with the foodie crust scent. Delicious!

In the bath I was surprised to see that of all the BPAL bath oils, this one was surprisingly mild. I use Winter Maiden, Ice Price, Holiday Stress Relief, Frenum etc. and all you need is a squirt and you get quite a lot of scent. a LOT. But PP hit the water and I got a burst of the yummy pie, complete with a nice powdery crust note and then settled back......hints of mild spice...and then mostly nothing.

I didn't want to put too much in the bath until i knew the strength of the oils so i put in another half pour out of the bottle. Basically the same thing happened. It was a wonderful wafting of scent but shockingly mild.

I had no burning issues whatsoever in the bath. I do use the other bath oils directly on my skin in the shower but have not tried PP on my skin directly.

after the bath, i smell mostly faint pumpkin filling on my skin. pleasant.

If you like pie spices, pureed filling and lots of doughy crust, you should get 2 bottles cuz you may be dumping this in way more than your other oils!!!!!!

This was all sexy cinnamon and spices on me. I love it! If you're like me and none of the Lab's pumpkin perfumes work on you, don't worry--this doesn't have that butter-pumpkin note that Jack and the Pumpkin Patch have. This is more of the pumpkin pie spices that would show up in a real pumpkin pie.

I'm not much of a bath person, as I adore showers, so I haven't used this as a bath oil. I tend to use the Lab's bath oils as "lotions".

Just sniffing this out of the bottle, is like sniffing the kitchen where someone is making up the ingredients for a pumpkin pie! The spices are the most obvious. :)

On the back of my dry hands (I have dry skin there), the oil is absorbed well, though not as quickly as I might wish. It still smells of fresh pumpkin and the spices used in baking pumpkin pies. I think that I might be getting a little burn from the cinnamon, and that doesn't usually happen, so there must be a lot of cinnamon in this. All the scent notes mix together in a lovely fashion. I'm not tempted to lick my hand, even though I'm a foodie, but I do keep whuffing my hands. :) As always with the Lab's oils, a little goes a long way. Will I need another bottle? It's difficult to say at this point. And there's finally a buttery crust note--very yummy.

It's a really nice Pumpkin Spice smell (I think one of the best I've smelled), but as I got out of the bath it feels like a have about little ants biting me all over, I have goosebumps from the sting (wierd because in the bath I didn't feel anything) :(. It's the cinnamon, and I usually I do ok with cinnamon. I might have used too much, I thought the smell was too faint so I added a little extra. I will have to try again using just a little.

But it might not be a keeper for me, so sad.. :cry:

Edited by cfrancesca

Wow, this does *not* smell anything on me like it does in the bottle. In the bottle, I get near-Quease-inducing cheesecake. No spices. On my skin? OH HAI I AM A GIANT ATOMIC FIREBALL. No pumpkin, no cheesecake, no crust. Nothing but spice, and mainly cinnamon. Which is actually kind of awesome, although it burns a bit. Not my skin. My *nose*. I'm not sure if it's a just-right-now thing or if I do this all the time and am just noticing it now due to what I've been picking lately, but I'm amping spices like crazy. Raven Moon was pretty much all nutmeg and red chili, Lambs-Wool went all ginger, Tanin'iver had cassia up to 11, and now this. Which is fine and appropriate (most of my friends call me Nutmeg and have joked about how I was the original Spice Girl), but this seems a bit extreme. I thought it would settle down after a little while (like fifteen minutes), but it's been an hour, and it's still going strong.

First let me say I never do reviews. And I do mean NEVER. The Pumpkin Pie Bath Oil called for one though. I am a huge fan of the BPTP bath oils and I currently own about 13 of them. I rarely use them in the bath though, instead I use them as an after bath/shower moisturizer.

I love Pumpkin anything. The Lab's Pumpkin notes are heavenly on me so you can imagine my disappointment when I opened the bottle and got no Pumpkin at all. Nada. Not even the slightlest bit of Pumpkin. I didn't even get Pumpkin Pie Spice :(

I did get lovely spice though so I thought I'd soldier on...... My first sniff was a heavy gingerbread/spice cookie? Applied it was very similar, a bit cakey and foody. I wasn't sure that I liked it initially. After a few minutes though it turned into a lovely scent that reminded me a bit of a cross btween Devil's night and Gingerbread Poppet/Shub. Cinnamon and cassia normally burn me but this didn't sting or leave any redness.

The real test was the "outside world". At work at least 30 people (no lie) kept saying "What is that smell ?" and "Who brought cake ?". Several people even mentioned that I smelled good enough to eat :lol: I am talking- Doctors here. People who don't ever notice things like that!

Next time I need a date- it is my go to scent.......... :yum:

This was a disappointment for me. No pumpkin in the bottle and no pumpkin on the skin. It was cinnamon from start to finish. No morphing, just straight cinnamon. Not abrasive or in your face cinnamon, but not what I was hoping for.

I do agree that there should be more buttery pumpkin goodness with the spice toned down a notch, even though I adore spicy scents. But the scent still fills up my bathroom (okay, the entire upstairs floor of the house) like a charm and really does work wonders softening even my notoriously dry skin :lovestruck:

I recently was able to buy some of this on the forum--and I had really been looking forward to it.

I'll second everyone else's comments about wishing for more pumpkin: I did too. To me it smells like pumpkin pie spice (that mix of cinnamon, cloves, allspice et al) without the pumpkin. Still, it smells good, so I did what I always do with BPTP bath oils--put it on after a bath as a lotion.

BIG mistake. This burned so much on my thighs and inner arms that I had to get back in the shower to wash it off (and wasn't entirely successful with that). I don't usually have sensitive skin for this sort of thing, so that surprised me, but perhaps it was because my pores were open as I'd been in the bath?

So I can't report too much on how the scent lasts or anything like that, though I will say that on me it had a slightly funky undertone--like how amber sometimes can go funky--which I didn't like.

I think I'll mix my remaining oil with another carrier oil before I use the rest of it.

My skin is sensitive to cinnamon notes, so there's no way that I'd actually use this in my bath. I tested a tiny dab of this on my chest area and it turned red and itched like crazy. I'm too afraid to slather it on or use it in the tub, so this is just a scent review as I tested on my wrists.

At first, this smells like a cloud of sweet, bakery cinnamon. It's not a sharp, red hots cinnamon to me at all. It smells like pumpkin pie spice at first, heavy on the cinnamon, and then dries down to a bread-y sort of scent. Pumpkin spice bread. It's a warm, cozy, comforting smell. I wish that I could use this in the bath, but I know that the cinnamon would be painful...

This is definately heavy on the cinnamonny. At first there is little pumpkin or anything else, but slowly it turns into a subtle pumpkin pie scent. But it did cause me (with my skin of asbestos) a little itching.

First of all, I want to thank Arlith for being so kind as to spread some love and gift me with this glorious treat!! You are amazing!

Now then, once I opened up the bottle, I get a HUGE yummy whiff of cinnamon and spices with just a touch of pumpkin. It isn't too foody at all!! I'm in the love...

I put the precious directly on my skin to give a good solid skin test, and all I can say is hot damn this is some fantastic bath oil. It's spicy and sweet and warm. Complete win! :joy:

Edited by Purrsnikety

Raw pumpkin and spices.

As a moisturizer, it turns into the smell of pumpkin pie on my body. It lasts almost all day. A very comforting foody scent. :yum:

In the implet I have of this, it's pumpkin and spices. On my skin, there's definitely some cinnamon in this, and spices, and pumpkin in there somewhere, it's just not showing itself right away here.

I am a pumpkin freak, and absolutely could not wait to get my hands on this, and I sure wasn't disappointed. While it is heavy on the cinnamon, it does not overpower the pumpkin. It just merely enhances it. It is spicy, rich, pumpkin-y goodness. Sometimes the pumpkin comes across as buttery, but most times it is just pumpkin with it's wonderful array of spice. I loved using this during the fall, because it does feel very warm once applied. I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't get the red welts of doom with cinnamon. It is such a comfy scent, especially when used at night before bed. With all Trading Post bath oils, I do not use them in the bath. I use it as in-shower moisturizer and I rub it into my skin as the last step before jumping out. This particular bath oil is lighter than most, and a little goes a long way. I am so happy Pumpkin Pie Bath Oil is making a reappearance this fall. I can't wait to try it with Jack. *drools*

I love the bptp bath oils, and this one smells awesome, although a bit strong on the cinnamon/spice side. Not only that, I was sad to find it burns my skin, probably from the spices as well. I'm glad I skin tested it lightly before I put it in my bath.

Oy vey, I rarely say this about bpal, but this bath oil didn't age well. It ends up leaving a very weird aftersmell that I only used to barely notice but has become distinctly stronger with age.

When I first got this bath oil it was a nice, warm, very spicy pumpkin smell. Just a bit of graham cracker crust to make it pie. I was never a huge bpal pumpkin fan (it was always a bit too bland and buttery for me), but this was the closest I'd come to a real foody bpal pumpkin.

As I said though, I still have about a half of a bottle left and I think I may have to throw it out =/ It now has a sort of woody smell when I use it in the bath and leaves sort of an odd funk aftersmell. :[ Probably the first bpal bath oil I haven't had success with!

Pumpkin Pie Bath Oil is a favorite in my house. It's pumpkin pie, cinnamon, and I swear I smell apple--it's a lovely belnd of all things autumn.

Cinnamon and pumpkin pie. My skin eats this one up though, so after a while I can barely smell it.

Nice and foodie.

Strange that I never reviewed this before- I could have sworn I did. Anyway, Pumpkin Pie bath oil is exactly as described: a pumpkin pie with extra cinnamon and spice. I love the scent, and pumpkin pie is one of my favorite desserts, and this smells just like it, without the pie crust.

I originally bought my bottle from the Post when it first went live, and because I use it as an after-shower moisturizer I've got enough to break it out every autumn. A little of this one goes a long way. For those who also have last year's Marshmallow Pumpkin bath oil, this is very similar, only stronger. I guess I have skin like iron, because I can apply without burning, but YMMV. I can't wait for a little cooler weather so I can start wearing this again.