Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
brownbat

Obsessed with Tomato Leaf

I am absolutely obsessed with the tangy, bitter, refreshing smell of tomato leaf.

I haven't tried the bpal tomato leaf note, but I really want to! Does anyone know if this is going to be released? Also, a search for tomato doesn't yield any perfume results.

Does anyone detect this note in perfumes you've sampled?

Thanks!

I did a search for tomato (leaf), but nothing came up. I had this lotion that was Raspberry Tomato Leaf, but I just sent it out, otherwise I would've sent it to you. However, if I remember correctly, Tomato Leaf is one of the Up-and-coming scents. You can see some reviews in that section. I'm not sure when it's coming out, though.

I love tomato leaf too, brownbat! So far the only thing I've found is Burt's Bees soap and toner. It's not perfect, but it's something.

I will be all over the BPAL version when it comes out!

No I never detected that scent at all, If bpal coming out with soon, I would very much like to try It and I hope you find what you are looking for. :P

I have an imp of this scent - it came as a freebie with an order. And... I think it's oddly delightful. It reminds me of the tomato plants in our garden. They always grow so big and strong... and, we harvest such beautiful tomatos from them every summer. The BPal scent brings me right back to those good memories. I've worn it a few times, too. It seems to fade off real fast on me, but, when I'm in a REALLY 'green' mood... it's the greatest scent ever :P

-Leslie

Um, I'm actually really curious to discover if any scents have tomato leaf in them....But not cause I like it. More like, I'm really, really allergic to tomatoes when I eat them and I'd like to avoid any perfumes with tomato leaf oil in them just in case. I haven't the slightest idea whether I'd react or not, but no need to experiment. That's all.

A necrobump for this thread cause tomato leaf is amazing! :wub3: How have you fared with scents with that note?

Pumpkin III 09: This pumpkin has a very nice tomato leaf note in it, but even though it doesn't lean towards complete foodiness like the others, sometimes the sweetness of the pumpkin overshadows the sharpness of the tomato leaf, which can be a little disappointing.

Planting Moon: This is my favorite blend with tomato leaf in it because the dirt note makes it smell gardenlike and doesn't detract from the sharp saltiness of the tomato leaf much, although there are a few floral-ish smelling notes in Planting Moon that keep it from being perfect.

The Jersey Devil: The description says tomato leaf but this guy is all pine pitch, cranberry, and cedar..the tomato leaf might have made a brief appearance on the drydown but my nose isn't certain :(

Please post if you have any ideas or recommendations! I have a vested interest in this thread ;)

Edited by AmandaKay

AmandaKay, those three scents are the only ones that actually include tomato leaf in the description. I did a search in reviews and found that some members have caught a whiff of this elusive note in Envy, Hemlock, Black Hellebore, Belladonna (makes sense to me, all are green abd herbal scents :D ), Pruno (which did playfully mention ketchup in the description) and oddly, Aizen-Myoo (not that I doubt them, my skin has made odd notes that you'd never expect out of certain scents too).

Pruno seems to be love it or hate it scent, so if you haven't tried it I feel sure you can track a bottle or decant down very easily in swaps and all the others are GC. Tomato leaf also seems to pop up in the odd bottle of Chaos Theory. It may not be as popular a note as vanilla or amber or sandalwood, but its devotees really love it and one of these days it wouldn't surprise me if Beth gave them another scent.

Yep... I'm ISO Tomato Leaf, too. I knew I couldn't be the only freak for this stuff here.

I got Jersey Devil because of the Tomato Leaf. It comes out toward the end on me. 1st is PINE, then some sweetness softens it (blackberry leaf), then the cedar and tomato leaf wrap together and rise up to make it a stemmy chlorophyll smell like no other. I would nurture my unborn babies on this smell. I can actually feel the fuzzy prickles from the tomato plants when I smell it. Alas, the Cranberry fucks it all up for me. It amps like crazy and OBLITERATES everything else, so I end up smelling like a crappy cranberry candle. Grr.

I gave to Husband and he doesn't amp the Cranberry, but it's a little too sweet on him.

I was HOPING that there was something in Rapaccini's Garden that had tomato leaf sine it's such a green, prickly, garden-y smell to me. NOTHING says summer time to me like tomato leaf smell. Ahhhh. Very evocative mind-movie plaing in my head about being little and hiding in the garden, crushing herbs and leaves with my fingers, digging in the dirt, eating bits of whatever is ripe, touching the fuzzy stems and feeling the crisp snap as a tender green shoot breaks under a fingernail.

Maybe it is because it is a cloudy 28 degrees and spitting snow, but I want something that has dandelions, tomato leaf, dirt, lemon balm, maybe blackberry or something juicy.

I WANT MY SUMMER GARDEN IN A BOTTLE!!! Is anyone listening?

MORE TOMATO LEAF!! CB I Hate Perfume does one called "Summer Kitchen" (I think. Kitchen something anyhow) that has tomato leaf and herbs. I haven't tried it yet, since I've been focusing on giving my money to BPAL. haha.

I've always thought there was a strong tomato leaf smell in Aizen-Myoo. It's not on the list of notes, but kaki--persimmon--is, and they are closely related, so that may be where that smell is coming from. Or I could be crazy. Let me know!

I second Pumpkin III 2009 and Planting Moon. I would also suggest Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey. It is a little on the honey-sweet side, but invokes that great tomato leaf feeling.

On a non-BPAL, but totally on par with the tomato leaf love, Burt's Bees makes a tomato leaf toner... I have no idea if it does anything worthwhile for my skin, but I LOVE the smell!

I second Pumpkin III 2009 and Planting Moon. I would also suggest Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey. It is a little on the honey-sweet side, but invokes that great tomato leaf feeling.

On a non-BPAL, but totally on par with the tomato leaf love, Burt's Bees makes a tomato leaf toner... I have no idea if it does anything worthwhile for my skin, but I LOVE the smell!

Yes, yes, the Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey is probably the closest thing you'll find to a straight-tomato smelling BPAL. Smells like the vines, more-so than the fruit.

I wonder if any of you would like The Witch's Garden? "Morning glory vines, rampion, carrot, and parsley, with monkshood, hemlock, elfwort, sage, wormwood, and mandrake." No tomato, but earthy vegetable garden might fit the mood?

Was working in my garden today and got a big hankering for a garden scent with tomato leaf, lavender, honeysuckle, roses, tarragon, water, and dirt, maybe a touch of peony. I'll have to try some of the ideas above.

It's not BPAL and it's not perfume, but paintbox soap works (on etsy, run by a lovely forumite) puts out Sweet 100s soap in the spring (available now) which is the most amazing, tomato-planty scented soap. I also would recommend Season of the Emergence, I think it was, which was very vegetal.