Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
roisnoir

Succubus

Bat-winged, flame-eyed, and possessed of an unearthly, perfect beauty: the Daughters of Lilith, the Succubi, invade the dreams of men and lie with them in rapturous, unholy sexual union. The scent of their skin is bittersweet, dusky and terminally seductive. Mimosa, orange blossom, neroli and bergamot with a drop of sweet clove.

Wet it's all neroli and bergamot, with mimosa in the bottom...
Strong and fresh, citrus with something more (maybe soap?...).

Cloying at first, better when dry. Sorry, but it will go to the swap box. :P

hmm wet it was all citrus and neroli

as it dries it is like "o" w/ cloves and a very light brush of citrus

i like it

In the imp: Oranges.

Wet: Oranges with the sharp bite of neroli.

Drydown: NO! It went to soap!

Final thoughts: In addition to turning to soap, my skin sucked this right up. It faded after an hour. :P

I'm currently writing a story about a succubus(well she's actually the daughter of one) and thought I would try this blend.

In the vial~Even though the citrus notes are orange, I smell lemon pledge. Ick. I hate blends that smell like cleaner.

Wet~same cleaner smell, but with a soap bubble under current. Ewwww. Maybe it'll morph when it dries.

Dry~It morphed allright, straight into just soap. No citrus, clove, just straight soap.

*adds to swap pile*

Okay so I probably should've known better as I've never been a fan of mimosa...

Wet: weird, medicinal(like a Dr.'s office), & soapy.

Drydown: clove made an appearance for about 1/2 a sec and then was gone forever.

Other than that, nothing but that medicinal soap thing going on :P

About 15 minutes later, add powder to description above...then mostly all gone. Oh, and I can't stop sneezing.

In the bottle: Orange rind

First on: I really don't know why I picked this one, I hate orange, neroli & bergamot. But the clove & mimosa are showing more than the orange, and if it keeps going this way I might actually really like it.

Drydown: It's a slightly spicy, very lightly citrus scented flower. But it's really light, and unfortunately not for me.

Origin - tarted imp, received in a swap.

In the bottle - I was initally afraid to try this because it smelled so bitter in the imp.

Wet - Bitter neroli and the skin scent.

Dry - This dries down nicely. The neroli is the most prominent note, followed by the clove. After awhile, the bitterness fades, leaving a soft, sensual skin scent. The description, "The scent of their skin is bittersweet, dusky and terminally seductive" fits this perfectly. This is a skin scent; once it dries there is minimal throw. Probably not a big bottle for me, but much nicer than I expected.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3.

In the bottle: Really sharp (must be the neroli?), and I thought that I just had gotten a little Akuma on my fingers, because I was having a testing frenzy.

Wet: Definitely orange rinds, and still a little bit of the first bitterness.

Dry: Baby powder and/or soap... I had wondered what people meant when they said that in various reviews, and now I understand! :P

Objectional first breath for me. Stale and sharp. Rounds out a bit, sweeter, almost Sudha Segara sweet. Powdery, but with strength underneath it. Orangey sweet. Probably prefer Ravenous for this sort of scent.

Initial imp sniff: This shares a note with Masquerade that I don't know the name of...it's a sort of sharpish (but not icky poo sharp), dry, woody, clear type note that almost makes the back of my mouth water. :P It's not unpleasant, in fact I prefer it much to the supersharp icky poo wood smell that I also don't know the name of.

Swipe: Clean, clear woody note is coming out strong and keeping the other notes swirling around in the outskirts at bay. I think there may be some fruit, but I just can't tell what lies past the woody note.

Drydown: Damnit!! My theory is confirmed: Clove goes all plasticky barbie on me..son of a bitch.

Succubus

This was a freebie from the lab. Thanks!

Preconceived notions: A bitter, sensual orange - intriguing, dark in an exotic way.

I didn’t get anything like that:

In the vial:

An herbal brew with a twangy eucalyptus after-breath (the scent equivalent of an aftertaste - I smelled it as soon as I -closed- the imp, not before).

On me:

Very green. Fluorescent kelly green, the color of absinthe’s Green Fairy. It warms up, but it’s still so green. Herbs, eucalyptus, maybe some mint.

In 15 minutes:

Soap. 100% pure Ivory.

In 30 minutes:

Still soap...

In 55 minutes:

Faint soap that can barely be detected.

Overall:

I think I’ll be passing this on, though that green scent was electrifying. I loved it. But not for only 15 minutes’ worth. And the bitter, sensual orange - that could have been cool, too.

In the bottle it's sharp and sweet and I think most of what I'm smelling is either the orange blossom or the neroli.

Wet -- same thing and it's pretty overpowering too.

Dry down -- it's morphing a bit, I think the bergamot is cutting the sweetness a little. I'm liking it.

Dry after an hour -- It's orangey without being citrusy; I think that's the neroli. The bergamot is still underneath it all but not enough to make me think "Tea, Earl Grey, hot."

Final opinion -- the imp is certainly a keeper. I want to try more stuff before this goes on my bottle list, but the chances are good I'll want more of it.

GF's opinion -- she likes it.

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Smoky pine.

In the imp/bottle: This is very bitter, almost like pine. Sort of smoky, too, but just barely.

On skin, wet: Bitter, sour orange peels, something darkly floral, and that pine-like note.

On skin, dry: There's a smoky/musky note here, but hidden beneath the foresty notes. After a while, the dark floral picks up, but everything -- bitter forest and all -- fades within an hour.

Conclusion: This isn't a bad scent, actually, but it *is* a bit bitter.

Edited by Aredhel

succubus.jpg

Neroli and bergamot, a very old fashioned combination which is sweet and sweet to think that such an old concept as a succubus should get a fragrance like this. I really can imagine a man in his nocturnal emissions having a demon who smelled like this tormenting (or just rousing) him. But what is good for a demon is not necessarily good for the human tormentrix. Succubus is just too old fashioned for me. I want something with a bit more zazzle.

It does have a charming drydown and it does have very good staying power. I would recommend it if you are an old fashioned type of succubus or you just like to dress in period costume and get in a bit of playtime.

:P

When I sniffed the imp i had my doubts, and on my skin this turns even more bitter and acidic and metallic. I don't know what in this is not agreeing with me, as I don't think there's anything in here that I haven't worn before?

Oy, it's like accidently eating a smidgeon of tinfoil that then hits a metal filling - ouch! The smell literally makes my stomach turn...and y'know the worst part? I bet this is absolutely fantastic on everyone else... :D

Oh well. There's always something new to try.

Oro

Citrusy floral?

I don't know why, but this becomes a sharp floral on me. it has an airy feel to it too. It almost smells cold?

It would make a great summer scent for the right person, but for me the sharpness is too much. :P

Edited by Finny

Succubus

Warm and herbal. The clove is fairly strong here, but I don't smell much else. It seems a tad musty to me, but I don't get any of the other notes. I can see this as similar to Lush's Skinny Dip. And I think a violet note is coming out as it dries. This isn't the normal bpal violet coming out, but Lush violet, much like Bathos.

In the imp, it's sharp, aggressive orange blossoms. It dries down softer smelling more of the violet mingled with orange blossoms. Not really my type of scent...it does go very soapy unfortunately.

at first: at first i thought i liked the smell of this (mimosa and orange blossom), but i don't think i like the neroli and bergamot in it.

on: i really don't like this. i don't know if i'm getting wood or some weird flower.

1 hour later: floral and dark. this is really masculine on me, but not in a conventional, cologne kind of way.

3 hours later: that odd floral.

overall: this simply is not me.

On me this is very close to Lush's Karma - not a dead ringer, but a sibling. The orange and neroli are quite strong and attractive in an odd, unconventionally way, but it's a sharp enough scent that I prefer the vaguer throw to sniffing it directly - then it's a bit too much. I'll use my imp but I don't think this is a big bottle for me.

Blargh.

This one turned into black, rotting orange peels on me almost immediately. It was pretty acrid and I couldn't stomach it for long. Good't to know that me and bitter orange aren't destined to be friends.

I'm sorry Succubus, but off you go.

In Bottle: Powdery orange.

On Skin: The orange blossom is strongest with the neroli a close second. I swear orange blossom and neroli were just meant to be paired together… perfect! The bergamot is a nice contrast and the clove gives a nice sweet spice. This is a seductive scent and will capture attention. So hot and wicked…

It really amuses me to think of someone asking what perfume I'm wearing and to reply, "Succubus!" Anyway, this was a frimp from the Lab, bless their hearts. I love the unusual orange note in Masquerade--a sort of blood orange--so I hope this is like it.

Yes, the first note I get is the lovely Masquerade orange! A second later...harsh and bitter. How can sweet things like mimosas and cloves go so sharp? Weird. Off to swap; I'll be buying a bottle of Masquerade soon, as it is my perfect orange and cannot be improved upon. :P

Imp: oh, I like that, and I don't know what it smells like. crushed flowers and herbs, freshly picked and wet, cut with the single stroke of a silver-bladed knife by moonlight and pressed, each drop caught in a glazed bowl so their scents still carry the bitterness of fresh want. This imp smells like a spell...of attraction, every bough touched by a magnet, charged to bring that desire to the wearer.

Wet: sharper, wet. that green edge comes forward, determined, and then orange blossom spreads over it sweetening, feminizing...becoming what's expected, and then it swirls again and becomes a cloved orange and a mingling of feminine scent and masculine scent, mingling together, flirting. that's the trick of the spell, to attract the other half of the perfume by smelling like it's already done. people want what they can't have, so waft unavailable and watch them wonder who? and the magnet draws them.

(laugh! not long after I put it on, I got a wolf in my room. he hit the bead curtain and said, hey, are you testing perfume? what is that? I like it. I can smell it from here and I have a stuffy nose! it attracted the only man in the house. it attacted the only man in the house, and he's gay. lock this stuff UP.)

20 minutes: It's the exitement of a flirtation, those times when you realize that the person you are wanting wants you back, and you circle around each other, knowing you can close in on the attraction if you want to, but you don't have to just now. That the memory will be enough to draw you together again. neroli winds around like ribbon, clove simmers underneath, and orange flirts in and out with bergamot, and the other bit I can't identify could be the mimosa - part pepper, part wood, part herbal, part flowers. it's really lovely.

Later: still lovely strong. the orange is more forward now, but not so much that the other scents disappear. I'm going to wear this all day, even though I have to go out in public.

it's a keeper. I think too that it's a unisex scent, and a man could wear this one.

Edited by Athena's Owl