Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

According to William Shepard Walsh, the Gentleman's Magazine for May of 1784 stated, "this is a constant ingredient at merrymaking on Holy Eve." He also quotes Vallancey's etymological speculation: "The first day of November was dedicated to the angel presiding over fruits, seeds, etc., and was therefore named La Mas Ubhal, -- that is, the day of the apple fruit, -- and being pronounced Lamasool, the English have corrupted the name to Lambs-wool."

A popular holy day beverage in 18th century Ireland: roasted apples mashed into warmed milk and ale, with nutmeg, sugar, ginger, and clove.

bottle: softly sweet, warm spiced milk. this is not the same jarring milk note that i get from milk moon 2007 though, it's far more soft.

wet: i can definitely smell the ale as this warms a bit on my skin. it's not "boozy" per se, just there. i get the mashed apple scent too. the milk and spices have faded quite a bit to be almost just a faint trace.

dry: very lovely. the milk note creeps back in after about 15-20 minutes and mixes well with the apple. this reminds me of baked apples, filled with oatmeal and spices and covered in cream.

(edited for spelling idiocy)

This is gorgeous. My first thought was cider, but it's much more mellow than that. You can sense the milk in there and then apples (which usually don't work on, but these do) and then a whole host of gorgeous milling spices. As it dries down it has a bit of a holiday candle scent, but once it's dry it's more natural and soft. This a winner for sure!

Hard Apple Cider. Mulled.

This is gorgeous, evocative of old-fashioned Halloween from a gentler time.

I don't get "holiday candle" cause that smell to me is very harsh. This is mellowed out. Perhaps by the Milk & Sugar, neither of which is prominent.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

At first this smells like the deep, almost noxious apples of the original Creepy. But when it dries down, the spices come out. Which is exactly what I was hoping. A must have for anyone into cinnamon and clove.

In the bottle: APPLE! Red jucy apple! A bit like Fearful Pleasure

On me:Apples and cinnamon, not getting any milk though. Very nice though, reminds me of the apple farms that make fresh cider and pie during the fall. Great fall scent!

In the bottle: Fearful Pleasure with a hint of cream.

Wet: *slobbers, drools, tries to nibble arm* Oh gosh, this smells HEAVENLY. It's Fearful Pleasure's calmer, sweeter cousin, apple cider but with more nutmeg and a bit less sharpness.

Drying: This one's definitely getting a side-by-side test with Fearful Pleasure. They're incredibly similar, though I have to say that I feel like this one's staying closer to the skin, and it seems like it's a tad sweeter, just a teeny bit. It's delightful. But since I already have a stockpile of its cousin from last year, I'll have to see if this one's worth hanging on to as well.

In the bottle: Oh hi Fearful Pleasure. Deep apple all the way.

Wet on wrist: NOM NOM. This is so very similar to Fearful Pleasure still (which I just brought out the other day since I saw a tree's leaves turning yellow). But the apple is less sharp, more mashed (HOW DOES BETH DO THAT) and softer, and the clove and nutmeg and sugar are winding their way around this scent, not overpowering the apple, but really mixing and warming with it.

On the drydown: The spices really come out to play, and the nutmeg's really coming to the front here. The apple is fading, and it's reminding me of a warm drink that really does have all of those things, with apple being a component, but the other things really rising to the top.

It's the sweeter sister to Fearful Pleasure, really. Much calmer, less noticeable, but just as good (just in a different way).

cold vanilla ice cream melting over a big slice of hot apple pie right out of the oven.

the tartness of the apples is matched perfectly by the creaminess of the milk, and there’s just the right amount of spices to give it a little kick. gentler and less spicy than Fearful Pleasure, and so perfect for autumn. makes me nostalgic for trips to the cider mill, bringing home bushels of apples and baking them into mouth-watering desserts. scrumptious!

I think this is my favorite of all the Halloweenies. It's all warm, spiced apples on my skin. Definitely getting another bottle (or five) before they go down. :heart:

This smelled really yummy in the bottle, so I popped it on my wrist at will call.

Wet, it's really a spicy apple, then the milk starts coming in and smoothing it. As it keeps coming in, the spices start fading, and it gets creamier as it dries.

After about two hours, it settles into a creamy apple with a hint of spice.

In the bottle, this smells like a lovely spiced apple cider. On my skin, it starts off as a spiced, juicy apple, the milk is sort of lingering in the background. The throw seems to get stronger and I can definitely smell the nutmeg in there too. Everything balances out in the end though, with the apple being the most prominent note--more juicy than spiced now.

Reminds me a little of Agape--well, this could be Agape's spiced cousin--and it's perfect for the holiday season.

Part Two of my boyfriend's surprise gift to me (Part One being The Girl). I had been talking myself out of this scent on the phone to him (I was only getting myself two Halloweenies) but I guess he thought I needed it :D

Bottle: Hello Jack without the pumpkin note of doom! (I loved Jack until I sniffed it one too many times and promptly felt ill). I can sense the spicy notes, and the apple notes. Makes my nose happy.

Wet: Tart apples with something spicy. I'm going to say Granny Smith and Nutmeg. A very strong Granny Smith.

Dry: My gods, this is delicious. The cinnamon has reared its head, tango-ing with the nutmeg until the spices are to die for. The apple is still there in a cider form. It's making me feel warm and cuddly.

I think this will be my go-to October/November scent. Definitely going into my rotation. It would definitely be a second bottle if I didn't take years and years to finish one.

I have mixed feelings about this scent.

In the bottle it smells really lovely, the apples are there, as is the creaminess.

Wet it starts to amp the cinnamon a little too much, drowning out any milky depth. It became a flat "Country Apple and Cinnamon" air freshener scent on me.

Drying down continued to give me that air freshener feeling.

After about 30-45 minutes the milk returned and it got better.

Perhaps I'll let this settle more before I stick it in the swap pile. It really made me sad.

In the imp it's a slightly spiced muted apple scent. Quite enchanting.

Wet it is a pretty and warm spicy scent. The apple seems to fade a little bit on the skin and the spice takes over.

As it dries that gorgeous spiced apple scent is back. Deliciously fall-like. In the locket it is much sweeter than the spicy apples on my skin.

After a while the clove starts to kick in. A very nice mulled cider scent. It smells like autumn incarnate! Keeper!

Bottle: Tart granny smiths, some spices, little bit of milk and SUGAR

Wet: I can see where people would call this a holiday candle scent. The milk gives a really creamy effect, but there's still a tangyness from the ale. All spices present and accounted for with sugared apples taking the lead.

Drydown: If Samhain is a dark and stormy autumn night, Lamb-Wool is a cheerful apple drink while watching happy trick or treaters run around. It's sweet, very comforting, and has those pleasant autumn spices that make the season all the more warm and cuddly

Overall: Love it, keeping it, wearing it now :)

After a couple months: Still love it. Still wear the hell out of it when I want to feel warm and cozy. I have also been the secret source of "something smells really good in here" comments during class

Edited by CynicalPink

I was quite happy about Lamb's Wool. I was a little worried that it wouldn't smell as nice as I hoped. Fortunately, it's great. Definitely a comfort scent. Like others said, it's like a hard apple cider with spices. What I really like about it is that the apple note smells like juice rather than skin. There is a difference people!

It's not too sharp and has just a hint of spice to make it complex. It reminds me of Samhain 05 without the "rubber tire" smell I get when I huff it directly.

In the bottle: straight up apples and cinnamon.

On me: still straight up apples and cinnamon. There is just no morph to this scent on my skin. :(

Overall: Hopefully as this ages it'll become a more complex scent. It's a lovely scent, but kind of flat on me.

Wet: fermenting apples + nutmeg + cinnamon = mulled cider! Yummy, it makes me crave a giant mug full of hot spiced cider! Illuminations had the best mulled cider scent, and this smells just like it. I might have to get a bottle of this so I can try it in my oil burner.

Dry: apples are barely hanging on and it has developed a vanilla sugary essence that is hard for me to discribe.

This scent does not last very long on my skin.

Apples and I don't usually work well together if the apple is the dominant note. Oddly enough, it's the dominant note in Lambs-Wool but it loves me! And I love it back! It's mainly apple spice for a good bit of the time. I don't smell just the cinnamon but a true blend of mulling spices that smell like one spice. As this dries down I get the creamy aspect of the milk but not a milk smell. The ale is just a splash but when I'm able to can catch it it smells dark and hoppy. Or maybe it's the roasted part of the apple? At any rate, I get the feeling that when I wear this, it'll subconsciously make those around me really happy about the coming of Fall and October. It's lovely.

On me this smells like an apple-scented candle. Mostly candle. That hot, burning candle wax smell. Noxiously artificial.

I'm disappointed, I had high hopes for this one.

Someone had already mentioned this, but this smells A LOT like Creepy + the milk note in Milk Moon. This is a pretty straightfoward Fall scent with that apple note (which is somewhat bitter on my skin) and the spices. The milk note is just all wrong on me and like it did with Milk Moon, it goes a bit sour. If you didn't have issues with Milk Moon, pay that no mind (unfortunately, no matter how hard I wish, the milk note never works for me). The ginger adds a nice touch to this, and it's remarkably subtle for ginger. I'm not sure how I feel about this in the long run - pleasant Autumn blend but the milk throws me off a bit. Guess I'll have to try again later!

I only ordered a decant of this one to try because of the milk note. Milk notes and my skin tend to not get along very well. Milk blend tend to smell sour and spoiled on me. I'm happy to say though that in this case, the Milk Note and my skin have reached a temporary truce.

This one is best characterized as spiced apple cider on me. I'm not really getting the Creepy comparison other than the fact they both have apple notes in them. While Creepy is caramel apples on my skin, Lambs-Wool is distinctly apples, clove, and nutmeg on me. And I am quite pleased to report that I get no "milky" note on my skin with this perfume.

I'll be thinking about whether or not I need an entire bottle of this before I place my next order with the lab.

I think this is delicious! Right away when I put it on, it smelled like sweet mulled cider with a cinnamon stick. It's been an hour and now the apple has faded quite a bit and it's become a more creamy/sweet nutmeg and cinnamon scent. It's TASTY! This is probably the foodiest scent that I've ever really enjoyed wearing.

Creamy apple cider with lots of spices-yum. It smells great on me and the longer I wear it the better it gets. The apple fades after 30 minutes or so and just the spices remain. The is a a great Fall fragrance and one the I think I would buy multiples of. :yum: