Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sexy and suckable: black cherry brandy.

It's funny that others are saying this scent had no throw or staying power on them, because...WHOA is it eveer strong on me! We've got big, heady cherry booziness here, straight up and very strong. It dries down to something with much less volume, but it is still quite definitely there. This scent probably just isn't my thing...it's a bit much for me. But if you like fruity, boozy, candy-sweet scents, you are going to love Suck It. It's a big, dark, rich cherry with a nice hit of alcohol. BAM.

Suck It

This smells like black cherry hard candy, the kind that makes your mouth hurt it is so tart. It also smells like cherry brandy. I don't think it smells like cough medicine, it is just too tart and rich.

I did not like it at first, but it is growing on me. It has lasted a while, even thru an hour long sweaty workout!

Wet, this is beautiful juicy maraschino cherries. Dry, unfortunately, my skin eats most of the cherry, leaving a trace of sharp and slightly medicinal licorice-y tang that's probably the brandy note. It's actually kind of nice, but it's SO faint, and I wish the cherry didn't disappear so fast. My skin's been eating a lot of scents lately, though, so maybe it's a hormonal thing-- I'll let it sit a while and try it again later.

my DSWC notes about this scent are "O w/cherry"

i don't like O and i don't like cherry.... so don't put much stock in my review!

testing my decant tonight, i get a cherry lollipop with something O-ish or boozy in the background. much better than my initial opinion, but nothing i need to keep.

I love this in the decant. It smells just like those big red heart lollipops that happen around Valentine's Day, with the silly lettering on them. Cherry party!

On my hand, it lasted maybe a few minutes. I almost get no trace of it now, and it's more than overwhelmed by the Pumpkin IV testing spot nearby. Woe :(

Since I wasn't sure whether I could handle a scent on me all day, this one went into my Clocket so I could take it off in case things went horribly, horribly wrong. My last hangover was far too recent for me to be able to deal with smelling alcohol of any type all day. So, Clocket testing. I get cherry SweeTarts out of this one. No booze, just candycandycandy, which is a good thing. I actually like it this way so much that I'm not sure I'm going to bother trying it directly on my skin. But I don't see myself wearing this frequently enough to upgrade from a decant to a bottle. I'm not even sure I'll wear it frequently enough to get through the decant since there are other more awesome oils in my collection, but I'm keeping it onhand anyway for the times I get hit with the desire to smell like cherry SweeTarts because it *does* happen once in a while. This is one of those scents that make me glad decant circles exist: I have enough to get me through those times I want this particular scent, but I don't have a whole bottle to try to unload. A whole bottle is *far* too much of this particular oil for me.

(This scent does make me want a black cherry soda. Conveniently, I have sugar-free black cherry Torani syrup and club soda on hand. Inconveniently, I also have a content, cuddly kitty on my lap using the crook of my elbow for a pillow.)

This is really just what the description says. Cherry brandy. Soo yummy I want to eat my wrist. I was afraid that it would be like cough syrup, but it's not sticky sweet. Must be the brandy (how does Beth make a brandy scent, anyway?? ah, mysterious alchemy.) Unfortunately, it does fade fairly quickly on me, as these foody scents usually seem to.

Suck It-

In Bottle: Almond, and Cherry cough syrup.

Wet: The cherry cough syrup is not very medicinal, more like cherries and booze, and there's an almond hint. Ooh, I'm very pleased at how not-medicinal this is.

Dry: Oh, wait, where is this pepper coming from? It's an odd, peppery scent, taking the place of the sweet booziness. Maybe that's what brandy does? Soon the pepper recedes and I'm left with cloying cherry syrup, sadly.

Overall: A morpher, but its final stages don't work for me.

On me this is a tart black cherry with a touch of alcohol. It is long lasting, and as it wears, it becomes sweeter. It's like one of those candies dipped in sour salt first. I also love being able to tell people I'm wearing Suck It when they ask :lol:

Oh my gosh! This smells just like melted red cherry popsicles. This is sweet and delicious and reminds me of summertime sleepover parties as a kid. This isn't boozy on me at all, just pure, glorious sweet cherries :wub2:

The wet phase has a bit of an almond note to it but as it dries that completley disappears and I'm left with cherry cherry cherry!

suckit.jpg

When this goes on, its fumey and almost fizzy with very strong cherry. I suppose the fumey/fizzy is the booze, but this doesn't smell particularly boozy to me.

When it settles down, its like red cherry lollipops.

I tried this to be "thorough," pretty much knowing this one wouldn't grab me. I'm just not usually into straight up cherry. I'll pass it along for more love elsewhere! :)

Edited by jewelbug

I wasn't expecting to like Suck It; my skin amps up black cherry notes and I'm never fond of the smell. In the bottle and on my skin at first, this smells like I crammed my head into a tin of black cherry kool-aid powder. It's tart, strong, powdery, artificial cherry. As the scent dries down, it doesn't smell boozy at all, but it does start to smell darker and a bit like black licorice on my skin.

So, Suck It smells like a whip of black licorice rolled in dark cherry kool-aid powder. It smells verrry tart/sour on me, which is rather unpleasant. I can't really see myself wearing this one again...

In the bottle: Wait, did I really order cherry flavored cough syrup? This does not bode well.

Wet: Okay, less like cough syrup, more like cherry kool aid. Not awful, but not something I necessarily want to smell like. Where is that boozy note?

Dry: Cherry chapstick. You know that horrible waxy taste that chapstick has if you just eat it? Yeah, that. Heavily present. With a very sharp note -- like some sort of industrial cleaner. Fortunately, my body appears to be eating this scent. It hasn't been on for long at all, and it is disappearing rapidly. The cherry has faded almost completely.

So this obviously didn't work on me. I shall be sending my imp on to a more deserving, body chemistry appropriate person asap.

Oh, sweet vibrant glowing red ever-so-slightly boozy cherry, how I love you!

... but where did you go?

(I'm going to try this one again and slather, because it's so. delicious. but it really disappears, and fast, too!)

Yep, this is boozy cherry all right. The cherry is wonderfully tart, not sweet. The booziness fades the longer I wear this so I'm left with a light sour cherry smell. It's nice, but it's very faint with little throw. A simple blend, but cute.

Hmm. Cherry Kool-aid, then gone after 5 minutes. I had high hopes of this being like Hearth 2004 but no go.

In the decant it smells just like jello when you're mixing it up. :)

Wet it's a very sweet, fresh cherry soaked in booze. As it dries it becomes tarter and more Kool-Aid smelling. I actually like it a lot more than expected, but probably won't wear it much so I'll just (happily) keep my decant.

ETA:

Spoke too soon. :( Now it's turning slightly sour and waxy. Oh well. At least I have one cherry scent I can wear (Hideous Heart).

Edited by Femme_Fatale

Sniffing the bottle is heaven! Yummy cherries. When on it reminds me of my cherry almond shampoo and cherry chapstick. It lives up to it's name - I want to suck on my wrist.

Ack, 3rd in a row that doesn't smell nice when dry :( It reminds me of the cherry part of a dib dab, not in a good way. I am so so disapointed. I can smell soap!! Maybe one for the scent locket. I've just not been having much luck of late.

In imp: almond essence cherry.

Wet on skin: definitely cherry. Sweet and boozy like the inside of a cherry brandy liqueur chocolate (without the chocolate, obviously), ie sweeter than cherry liqueur.

Dry on skin: the booze fades quickly and it dries down to a very sweet cherry ... something. I can't think of any candy that smells like this, because it's so juicy. I actually like this a lot. It gets softer and smoother as it fades, until the smell is a sweet pink haze of love! I think the wear length will be short, though. It's almost gone now.

In the bottle: Cherry gummy sweets. No booze whatsoever, just cherry gummy sweets.

Wet: Cherry gummy sweets and something else... herbal? No, not quite... maybe it is the booze factor.

Dry: Cherry Fizzpops! Holy moly! This is EXACTLY like cherry Fizzpops! My favourite Fizzpops! I want this to last forever! (Fizzpops are boiled sweet lollipops with a sherbet centre sold here in South Africa. Their addictive qualities are the source for jokes about what white powder the sherbet REALLY is.)

A while later: Where did it go? If I make sure I am near nothing with any scent and hold my wrist to my nose I can VERY FAINTLY pick up a hint of cherry sweets. Which is a pity, because I LOVE this scent and will feel compelled to slather it. Methinks I need to consider a back-up bottle while the weenies are still around.

Last night, I tried Suck It.

Absolutely glorious boozy cherry in the vial and for the first ten seconds on my skin. Then nothing. It was gone. 100%, completely disappeared. Heart-breaking. If only it would've lasted an hour... hell, even a half an hour would've been okay, but nope. Ten seconds... or whatever the time was from applying it to capping my decant. Sooooo sad about this one. :cry2:

Hmmm. As this lasted all of 10 seconds on my skin, I was able to deduce that this pretty much black cherry brandy. :lol:

This is strong, boozy cherry at first. It kind of smells like Halls Cherry. This lasts for a minute or two, then it reminds me of the flouride wash you get at the dentist's office when you are stupid enough to say that you want another flavor rather than mint. :D Kind of a less boozy, more medicinal cherry. It then fades into practically nothing. Maybe a worn out old scratch and sniff cherry from a childs book. Oh well.

I don't get the brandy note at all, just a lot of very ripe dark cherries. While I wanted the brandy note, it's nice to find a cherry that doesn't turn into boiled peanuts on me. I'm happy with my decant.