Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin, chocolate, coffee bean, vanilla bean, and hazelnut.

This is my first time making a topic so hopefully I did this right. >>;

As soon as I saw the description I knew I had to order it and I'm really glad I did.

In the bottle: It smells just like the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks from Fall last year.

Wet: For about 10 minutes I got an odd dirt note with a really strong coffee scent. The dirt note vanished and then it became mostly coffee until slowly fading to a warmer pumpkin spice scent with a slight creaminess from the hazelnut.

Dry: I'm not getting a lot of coffee anymore. It is mostly just a pumpkin with the a hazelnut after note with occasional wifts of vanilla. It still sort of smells like a Starbucks drink. I didn't really ever get the chocolate.

EDIT I still get occasional wafts of this scent and if I hold my wrist up to my nose the scent is quite strong still, though I put it on 8+ hours ago. It definitely is reminiscent of a Startbucks Pumpkin Latte. I think I want a back-up bottle.

Sniffing the bottle, I immediately get pumpkin and coffee notes. :thud:

Wet on the skin, pumpkin, coffee, and hazelnut. After a few minutes, the chocolate & vanilla notes are apparent.

Dries down to spicy pumpkin coffee.

If you love coffee notes, this is definitely not one to be missed!

Oh so delicious!

In the bottle: pumpkin coffee.

On me: delicious roasted pumpkin coffee with spices. This time hazelnut is working in my favor. Awesome blend, couldn't have asked for better. This smells like I need a second bottle!

In the imp: Spiced pumpkin coffee! :yum:

Drydown: Gorgeous spiced pumkin coffee with the barest hints of hazelnut! :wub2: For once...a pumpkin I can wear that doesn't become too buttery. :joy:

Short review: OMG, YUM!

Wet, this goes on as very coffee and pumpkin. But the chocolate sweetens it and makes it a very tasty perfume indeed...kinda like Jonathan's Coffee House at Halloween time (if you ordered pumpkin pie).

This stays true for several hours and eventually morphs into a beautiful chocolate on me.

Good throw, and amazing long-lastingness.

This is a multi-bottle scent right here.

TWO REVIEWS IN ONE! WOO!! Male and Female testers.

In the bottle: I got strong, rich coffee and pumpkin. Maybe a hint of nuttyness. Very nice! Eye-opening! Yum!

Wet on me - Suddenly I get mostly chocolate-hazlenut with only a hint of coffee. I also tried this on the boyfriend and while it goes on just like on me, his application quickly shifts to model airplane glue, while mine stays the same and lovely. Then, his sharp glue/nailpolish remover smell subsides, leaving a scent like mole sauce and fresh hot corn tortillas. I check the bottle to make sure I didn't put Feast of the Greatly Revered ones on him instead. Nope. This is my punkie. Mine is still wonderful dark chocolate-hazlenut coffee. No sign of pumpkin on either of us.

Dry: Mine settles more quickly, and the pumpkin rolls in to round everything out and sweeten the blend on me. It stays heavily chocolate-hazlenut, only a bit of pumpkin, and the only hint of the coffee is the darkness of the scent, rather than a real presence. On him it finally settles after quite a long period of smelling like truly awesome Mexican food. Not bad at all, just not really what he'd hoped for. BUT eventually his skin settles down too, and it ends up being a lovely pumpkin latte with a shot of hazelnut syrup.

SO - overall, I get a long-lasting deep, nutty chocolate scent, very dark and sweetened by only a hint of pumpkin on my female skin with no coffee to speak of. And my boyfriend gets, after some really odd morphing, a really nice, sweet pumpkin-nut-coffee scent without even a hint of chocolate. Huh. Interesting. But it IS a really great blend for me, and I'm happy to have my bottle.

Yay, my first review!

Even before I opened the bottle, I could smell the pumpkin and the coffee beans. After squee'ing and doing a happy dance, I popped open the bottle and promptly spilled it all over my hands :blush:

Going on wet, the coffee and the pumpkin stayed strong, with only a hint of vanilla, but once it dried down, everything went away except the vanilla bean and hazelnut. Now instead of a pumpkin latte, I smell more like a cup of coffee full of vanilla and hazelnut creamer. Not a bad scent, but a bit too sweet for me.

I've had it on for two hours, and it seems to be still going strong, and you can smell it from 10 ft. away ( I tested :lol: )

Overall, a lovely scent, very foody and sweet, but I think a bit too sweet for me.

This one was way sweet on me. It was sweet pumpkin and vanilla with spice and a bare hint of the coffee, chocolate and hazelnut.

It didn't change over time. It stayed almost exactly the same from when I applied it to nigh to 12 hours later...when it was still about as strong as when I applied it.

Sweet, spicy, staying power, Batman!

Veeery foody. Veeery sweet.

This is very strong in the beginning with a nutty coffee, pumpkin scent. There is a sweet vanilla in the background with some spice. I am not a vanilla lover and this would be a perfect scent for me if in had no vanilla in it. My skin amps vanilla so even a touch of vanilla blurs the other notes. I'm really hoping the vanilla with fade and then this will be perfect for me.

ADDED Oct. 7:

Very strong pumpkin/coffee in the bottle

After applying and dry down, all the lovely spices come out and smell fabulous. I do not experience heavy nut or vanilla here but more of a blending creamy mixture. This is my favorite of the five Pumpkins the year and is worthy of of multiple bottles. :yum:

strong coffee with a hint of pumpkin and a spicy cinnamon vibe .. I don't really get individual notes of hazelnut or vanilla but I think it's just well blended or maybe the nut is reading like pumpkin to me..... It isn't overly sweet at all ... like a pumpkin coffee on me.. not a latte.

Smooth pumpkin latte. No bitterness or weird coffee ground smell. Amazingly strong throw. I predict this will be very popular on ebay once the Halloweenies vanish. Get your back up bottle now. :coffee:

Pumpkin V 09 has been the most amazingly wonderful new BPAL scent I've tried all year! It's perfectly balanced between sweetness and spice. The coffee and spice (wherever the heck it comes from) are a bit potent to start, but very quickly dry down into that smooth "pumpkin spice latte" everyone keeps talking about. Not too bitter. Not too sweet. Great throw and amazing lasting power. I've had mine on for 9 hours now and I can still smell it. Even if you're not a foodie, if you want something warm and spicy for fall, give it a try.

It's rare that I ever want to get a second bottle of a scent...but this one just might be worth it! :yum:

This is pure pumpkin spicy/cinnamony latte, and it's divine! The hazelnut adds such a nice touch to it, too, and it really has a strong throw and nice staying power. I was surprised by the strong cinnamon note that I'm picking up with this since the description doesn't have cinnamon listed. I've had bad skin reactions to cinnamon in other BPAL scents, but this one hasn't bothered my skin at all.

The coffee scent also seems a bit more subtle on me with this one than does last year's Egg Nog Latte. This one is delish!!! I think I've died and gone to heaven with this one! If you love spicy, foody, coffee scents, you'll love this one for sure!

Edited by BookGirl

Pumpkin V is the most wearable pumpkin scent I've tried. It's like fresh pumpkin with a little coffee and a lot of spice. I can see myself wearing this a lot this fall. The throw is pretty strong, so just a dab is enough for me. I'm very happy with this scent and would love it as a candle or room scent. Hmm, maybe a good one to put on some potpouri so I can smell it all over the house. Love it! :wub2:

This is my fourth Halloween with the Lab, and I always wished for a pumpkin coffee scent. So thank you Beth for finally making one! :kiss:

Anyway, this starts off with a not-too-strong pumpkin note backed by the coffee bean. As it dries, the pumpkin fades and I get what smells like spice (although I know its not in the notes). Overall, this smells like walking into a fancy coffee shop in the autumn. Delicious! :yum:

bottle: as imagined, this smells exactly like a pumpkin spice latte.

wet: this smells just like burying your nose in a bag full of spiced pumpkin pie coffee beans. and i do mean exactly.

dry: as this dries, it smells less like coffee beans and more like an empty latte cup that held a superbly spiced latte with vanilla syrup. the pumpkin scent is not quite as prominent anymore. incredibly realistic.

Pumpkin V (2009) - The mention of hazelnut and chocolate scared me away from this blend, but I had to smell it while I was decanting some for a group I did. I am SO GLAD I did! I took one sniff and just about fell over from the awesomely awesomeness of this scent and immediately had to try some on. It's really incredible. I agree with everyone who says it smells like a Pumpkin Spice Latte (I wait all year for Starbucks to bring them out again this time of year!). I don't see cinnamon listed in the note list (which surprises me with the number of people who have skin reactions to cinnamon), but this is definitely a pumpkin, coffee, and cinnamon scent. The vanilla bean is subtle and a background note (kind of like the whipped cream after it's melted into a pumpkin spice latte). This is really an amazing scent. I have never hung on to a single Pumpkin Patch scent before, but this is one I'll be ordering a full bottle of. Maybe two. In fact, I think I need to go put some on right now. *runs off and puts on some PPV on my arms* Ahhhh.... all better now. :wub2:

Pumpkin V 2009

In the vial - a very spicy buttery pumpkin.

Wet – spices galore, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cardamom maybe? The spices are very strong. I do not get the Starbucks coffee note that everyone is talking about. I can smell a buttery note, very similar to Jack.

Dry – still has the buttery pumpkin scent, the spices have faded and now I can smell the vanilla, chocolate, and hazelnut.

I really like this one and will need a bottle.

In the bottle: Dark Starbucks Pumpkin latte coffee.

Wet on the skin: Spices, nutmeg, cinnamon-like spice-cardamom I think, with hints of strong black coffee.

Dry down: Perfect mimic of a Starbucks Pumpkin spiced latte. I really am glad I have this bottle...it's finally a pumpkin I can wear! Thank you beth! :kiss:

I was SOOO looking forward to this. I however, did not get the beautiful latte that I wanted until after maybe 3 hours on my skin. Until then, it was this very dark, very ripe, planty, earthy smell. Not what I was going for, and not patient enough to wear that to get to what I wanted =(

Strong, strong, strong coffee and strong, strong, strong cinnamon. I'm not sure about this on my skin but I bet it will be heaven in a burner.

A.

I got a clocket the other day, so I'm reviewing this based on how it's sitting on my skin and how it behaves in the locket.

Wet in the bottle, it's very sweet, though thankfully without the lunatic butter note that pumpkin seems to bring with it. I can pick out pumpkin, hazelnut and coffee, and a spice-note that reminds me of nutmeg.

On my skin, it pretends to be Gluttony for a bit before settling down to a kind of warm, spiced pumpkin chai.

In the locket, it skips the Gluttony-phase and dries down to pumpkin chai almost immediately (and seems to last a good deal longer).

Seeing as this is the cinnamon-spice perfume that I've been trying to find for a while (and that Pumpkin Queen is not, sadly), I'll probably get several more bottles of this, if the rate I'm going through it is any indication.

Yum!

Edited by Dominique

I wanted to love this, I really did. All the reviews sounded incredible and I was so hopeful that it'd finally be a pumpkin that I can wear - with the added bonus of coffee! So I was really excited when it arrived in the mail yesterday.

In the imp, it was everything I thought it would be - a rich, spicy pumpkin-y latte and it smelled delicious. The second I put it on though, it was the loud, buttery over-ripened pumpkin I get from every other BPAL pumpkin scent. :cry2: I resisted the urge to immediately wash it off though because I desperately wanted it to work and I was hoping maybe it would settle down after a few minutes. But hours went by and my husband kept asking what smelled so rancid. :( I had to finally wash it off.

I'm going to give the imp a few days to rest and then try it again and hopefully, it will be as lovely for me as it is for everyone else.