And home we steer, a merry crew,
Beneath the setting sun.

Alice! a childish story take,
And with a gentle hand
Lay it where Childhood's dreams are twined
In Memory's mystic band,
Like pilgrim's wither'd wreath of flowers
Plucked in far-off land.

A bizarre blend of pineapple, tangerine, tobacco, apricot, and seltzer coated with hazy amber and heady sun-baked flowers.

This radiates off my arm as refreshing and uplifting tropical fruit with swirls of pretty tobacco. Tobacco has never read as "pretty" on my skin. I think somehow it's a darker, dissonant note looped in with the florals. I don't fizzy from what the seltzer is... MAYBE a touch of aquatic?

As minutes go by, the amber comes out more.

Don't know what the Florals and am interested to see what better noses than mine can detect. Of all things to compare this blend to, I come up with the Salon "Death and Life Completed" mixed with some Tiki blend.

In the bottle, pineapple and citrus

On me, no fruits, only sunny florals with a touch of tobacco. Pretty, but not the fruity blend I was hoping for. This disappeared very quickly - maybe lasted 2 hours.

imp: well i know it's got pineapple in it because there is that bizarre chemical scent that always scares the crap out of me.

wet: citrus flowers drenched in fruit syrup. this is a blindingly bright blend. no tobacco at all.

dry: this smells like the tiki bar scents once dry, that indistinct light boozy scent with random fruits. the flowers have all but disappeared.

Imp: Sort of a funny tangerine. Like soda-water (oh! The seltzer!) with tangerine rind in it. Weird.

On/wet: SELTZER LIKE WHOA. The tangerine is still there, though I think I'm getting some of the floral as well.

Drydown: Okay. Definitely, definitely odd. Tangerine, then apricot, then strangely warm and slightly crushed flowers. Then the seltzer. I'm not really getting much of the amber, which is okay, as I suspect that it would do strange things on my skin in this blend. Not really any pineapple either. It's an interesting scent, but I think I need to consider it for a while longer-- trying to figure out if it's something I like well enough to wear repeatedly.

In the imp--Sunny golden fruity amber

Wet--Strangely enought the amber comes right out on my skin with a bright floral sweetened by the fruit.

Dry--It's odd as the fruit comes out more for me on dry down. The amber and florals back off a bit and I agree with the comparrison with the tikis though no booze note. The florals were a bit too strident as it was drying making this scent a bit too room freshener for me but when completely dry it softens and calms down enough to be a very beautiful scent. Exactly what I was hoping for with the heat of summer.

Inside the imp, I can pick out the apricot and tangerine notes immediately.

Wet on the skin, fizzy apricot, pineapple, and tangerine.

On drydown, I get less of the fruit and more tobacco and soft floral amber.

Very nice. I am thinking a bottle may be added to a future order.

Sniffed: Light golden oil. TOBACCO, very fizzy seltzer, slightly soapy and green wildflowers, with soft golden/tropical fruits. Much less fruity than I expected, although it is delightfully tart and a little juicy.

Wet: Similar, maybe a little more floral? But it's a rather fresh, light, Spring-y sort of floral, which I will enjoy if it doesn't turn to soap. I get a bit more apricot and pineapple but the tangerine is still the strongest fruit note. It's a tad sweeter as a result. The tobacco is a lovely dark but sort of astringent counter note. Hint of amber.

Dry: I'm trying to place one of the floral notes, which I recognise - it's almost like jasmine, but not quite - it has the soapy/sharp/heady quality - the florals have amped greatly, but are not turning too much on my skin. Jury's still out. The fruits are glorious and the tangerine is holding! I only wish the pineapple were stronger. Still very light amber, still fizzy, still delicious tobacco.

Later: Eek. One of the florals has gone rotten, which makes me suspect iris, and, I have decided it IS jasmine. This has gone far too floral in a bad sharp/pungent way. Sad, too, because I love the tobacco note (much like in Mr. Nancy), the glorious tangerine that HOLDS ON MY SKIN (a first for ANY citrus), the light spirtz of seltzer and the sweet tropicalness of the other fruit. And the amber is no where to be seen.

Summary: Nauseating, rotten, acrid, urine-y floral; jasmine and iris. I had to wash it off, or at least attempt to - it has evil longevity. Very, very strong throw, too. This evolved horribly on my skin.

:ack:

Off all my new MTP imps, All in the Golden Afternoon was the surprise standout of the bunch. On my skin it is a clean scent, though not overly soapy, which must be the tobacco and the selzer. I was worried about that tobacco note, but here, combined with the amber, it smells very musky-fresh. I cannot detect the fruit notes separately, but I can tell there is some ever-so-slightly juicy, very summery topnote. The floral note blends well with the others but isn't obvious as OMG FLOWERS!

All in all, this is very sophisticated on me and I am pleasantly surprised!

I never get any fruit but pineapple from All in the Golden Afternoon: wet and in the imp it's white florals with sort-of-artificial pineapple underneath. It's not too bad, even though I'm not a fan of florals. It's got a kind of tropical feel to it.

Dry, it's much the same, BUT! The tobacco amps on my skin and the scent combination is unpleasant, familiar in a bad way. This one definitely doesn't work with my chemistry.

Edited by karen

I wore this at work without the notes handy, came back to review, and stared at the listed notes in puzzlement. How on earth does all that add up to a slightly sweet warm scent like golden motes of dust in the sun?

Only Beth knows how, I suppose.

It doesn't last they way I want, yet. I'm greedy and want more than 4 hours. Maybe a bit more settling and aging will help it.

When I first put this on it was heady flowers and all heady flowers -- I was not happy with it at all. But I wore it, and eventually this fantastic fragrance hit me. It really is beautiful. I'm guessing that I smell the tobacco (the pretty kind, not in a cig kindof way) and the amber mostly -- its almost got a creamy (hazy?) quality to it that is very nice. I didn't get any fruit from this at all. If the first phase was a little less FLORAL - I would be sold on this. I will keep my imp though =)

Sun-dappled Flowers on an august day. That's what this scent evokes. A scene of beautiful sun-dappled flowers on an august day sipping pineapple spritzers. Now that this is dried down that is exactly what I smell. I am always amazed at how beth can get the concept of sunshine in a bottle...but that's exactly what she has done.

In the imp, this smells like pineapple candy with more of a watery sharpness, thanks to the tangerine & seltzer.

On my skin, this scent definitely isn't sweet enough for me. It does smell bizarre.

The tobacco smells like bitter cigar smoke, not the soft, sweeter variety that I find wearable. Something in here also smells boozy (probably the seltzer), like the lab's champagne note that goes all pukey on me. The pineapple is the only sweet, candied thing about it, and it's sort of hiding in the background with some powdery amber.

In the drydown, this calms down a bit, but it's still not good on me. It has an overall very clean, sharp feel on my skin, with hints of candied pineapple, baby powder, and dirty tobacco. Something about the pineapple keeps making me think of oily suntan lotion as well. Golden Afternoon fades pretty quickly on me, but it makes my head ache while it sticks around.

This definitely is not a keeper for me.

Edited by Little Bird

"There will be nonsense in it!"

to begin: i LOVE this!

i can't stand apricot, but the rest of the notes sounded good enough that i thought i'd give this one a chance anyway. i almost didn't, but i'm SO glad i did. i must have a bottle of this. srsly.

it smells like Oblivion's slightly more cheerful - although a whole lot kookier - little sister.

this smells clean and sweet and just a little bit deranged. it also reminds me quite a bit of Suavitel Morning Sun fabric softener (which i love).

I can't separate any scents from this, is just one lovely golden sparkly scent! If only it lasted a bit longer, but 5 hours is pretty good, pure :wub2: from me!

This was very -for lack of a better word- generic on me. It wasn't bad and it wasn't good. I was frankly amazed that I couldn't pick out any of the fruit scents. I think it's the *&^%$ amber. Amber hates me. :evil:

Tangerine! And tobacco. And pineapple. This definitely smells "golden"...light and sweet and summery. I'm not getting "floral" here, just fruity, light tobacco...a lovely way to wear tobacco in hot weather!

On me, seltzer and tobacco must morph into menthol. Aqua Velva-menthol. This is SUCH a masculine scent, imo, and not necessarily in a good way. In the way of a freshly shaved guy who has slathered himself in cologne before putting on a gold chain and a sansabelt and going to a disco kind of way.

If I sniff closely, I can detect pineapple but then the menthol pushes itself into my sense of smell.

I feel...somehow violated.

Just remember--my skin is STRANGE.

Edited by tarotgirl

Been wearing this one today and although it's a little on the sweet side for my usual tastes, I do quite like it and it's one I think I'll be reaching for more often.

The mental picture I'm getting is an old fashioned picnic, with a large blanket spread out in a meadow under the baking sunshine. A jug of pineapple juice and apricot tarts on pretty plates and wafts of tobacco from a gentleman's cigar.

It is very much a golden scent but swirled with green, especially in the early stages. I don't know if it's grasses I'm smelling or something similar and there's a soapiness that floats in and out at the beginnng.

The drydown is much more smooth and pretty with a certain creaminess there. I'll be wearing this one for work, it's an inoffensive, pleasant summer scent.

I totally got the pineapple at the beginning - and love the fruity wet stage of this. However, this dries to a flowery/amber blend, and I'm not too crazy about that. It's kinda sunny, golden and there's definitely jasmine in here.

I wish the pineapple had stuck around......

In the bottle - Pineapple and seltzer, very odd

Wet on me - Brightly fruity and fizzy

Dry on me - A soft, melow, tropical fruit scent

Overall - Quite a pretty fruit scent, but very faint on me

I'll admit I was testing more than one oil when I tried this. I dabbed some on and was initially kind of 'meh' but I know I need to give BPAL oils a bit of time to bloom. I was sniffing and doing my daily stuff and I got a waft of ... what is this? I looked and it was All In The Golden Afternoon. I couldn't pick out notes, though I kept thinking ____ blossom. What blossom, I didn't know... something not quite apple, not quite cherry, but it had that heady good shampoo scent that some fruit blossoms give me. I like the smell of fruit blossoms, but unfortunately, they amp to a ridicuous degree on my skin, to the point that I almost feel nauseated. And I missed all of the good apricot, pineapple, and tangerine.

All in the Golden Afternoon - The first notes I smell when I put this on are the apricot and seltzer, but a hint of pineapple and tobacco both start to peak through pretty quickly. As it dries down, the brightness fades a bit and the tobacco and amber come out a bit more, grounding the scent and keeping it from being too fruity and bright. It also takes on the hint of a generic floral note. The pineapple takes an odd turn on my skin, though, and it smells a little bit like... vomit. (I really hate when I have to say that, even if it's true!) Without that strange, pukey oddness beneath all the pretty notes, it would be pretty. But it just isn't going to work on me. :(

In the IMP - All golden sweetness, this smells like a hot summer day dancing on hill tops… MMMMMMMM

Not as sweet on me, very pleasant has a lovely muskiness with an underlining sweetness I can smell the amber and tobacco more and the sugary fruit more softly. A little baby powder on me (but not much) was hoping for more fruit on my skin… maybe later ..an odd scent, I like It but it will need further testing….

I smell capital-D Dandelions, with the most gorgeous, subtle pineapple and tangerine. The tobacco in the background anchors it wonderfully. At the same time very fresh and green and also warm.

Not a ton of sillage, and not very long-lasting, but I still really, really want a bottle.