Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A cure for sweaty bits and sticky wilting. Stinky is a summer refresher ‘foom for people that don’t dig run-of-the-mill “clean” scents: newly-washed skin with a dusting of milk, white honey, and baby powder.

In the imp - Baby powder and pine?! Where the heck did pine come from? It's there. I can always pick out that pitch. Yuck...

Wet - Buh bye Mr Pine! Thank goodness. I smelly sweet honey and milk blended together perfectly. However there is that undertone of clingy talc. I smell like a baby's bottom. I am not sure how I feel about that... No no... I smell like a nappy sack! You know, the orange ones!

Dry - Milky, honey, sweetie goodness! I like the simplicity of this. I have never tried a milk or honey scent before, so I am actually pleasantly surprised at how it dries down.

Verdict - It's not good enough to warrant me sourcing a bottle. But I like my imp, and I will keep it for those hot and sweaty days :)

Wet: Kind of fruity-vanillay-mainstream perfumey. Not unpleasant, but not my thing.

Dry: a warm, mild sort of vanilla-honey smell with a very slight hint of baby powder.

Overall: Not a top fave, but I'll keep it unless someone who wants it has something I particularly want.

I wanted to like this because I love milk and honey, but the baby powder is cloyingly sweet. No good on me...

This is beautiful. I put it on straight after a shower, and yes, this is a 'skin' scent, but it does have great throw and softness! With the combination of all the notes... I'm getting golden amber. The perfect, powdery, sweet golden amber, like Gelt without the powdered cocoa. I suppose you could break that down into honey (I get sweetness) and milk (I get something creamy), but this is straight-up powder.

Very refreshing, very light, and perfect for hot days when you don't want a scent that overpowers you. This is the antithesis of humidity.

In the bottle - Sweet fuzzy sugars

Wet on me - A green floral, I'd be inclined to say lily or something along those lines with a sweet sugary background

Dry on me - A sweet sugary vanilla custard

Overall - I don't know why, but it didn't really grab me

I didn’t really care for this scent when it was first released, it seemed too sweet and cloying, but I gave it another shot last month and I think this has aged beautifully.

In the bottle: White honey and baby powder.

Wet: The same as in the bottle. The Lab’s honey notes are hit and miss on my skin, but this one is really lovely.

Dry: The honey and powder are still there, along with a vanilla cream note and just a tiny bit of something fruity - apricot, I think, or maybe peach. The strongest note is the honey. The baby powder keeps things from getting too sweet, and gives it a clean, freshly-washed kinda vibe. Stinky has very little throw, but it lasts for hours on my skin.

I agree that this is similar to the Burt’s Bees Baby Bee lotion. It’s not the most unique scent the Lab has ever released, but I’m glad I have a bottle. It’s great for those 95 degree summer days when I want to smell nice, but can’t deal with anything too strongly scented.

Sad news here. When I had initially received Stinky, I really liked it. It was powdery and soft, and not cloying-- but gentle in a wear-daily sort of way. However, having just dug it out of aging.... I must say, all my nose can recognize is baby-powder type powdered bubblegum. :ack: gahh.. sadly this bottle and I shall have to part ways.

This one smells fantastic in the bottle but becomes overwhelmingly plastic as soon as I apply it to my skin. And it is STRONG. The plastic eventually goes away after 4-5 hours and leaves a nice, creamy, light scent but I don't think I can handle the amped plastic period. :( I'm not really sure what note makes it bad for me - maybe the milk/cream note? Probably not the powder note as Diabolical Offspring was fine for me. It was very similar to how Lilith's Tea Party reacted with my skin chemistry. Boo, hiss.

God how I love Stinky! My favorite bath products are the Burt Bees Baby line. I loved their solid perfume and then they discontinued it. As soon as I smelled Stinky I was in love. It's soft, gentle, sweet, innocent, has a soft apricot top note. It smells beautiful the next day too(you know that moment you wake up and realize you still smell good and try to remember what you put on?)

Stinky is a nice, clean scent. I just finished off my decant of it and I felt it was time for a review. This is the only baby powder scent that has ever worked for me. Normally, I can't stand the smell of baby powder. When I go shopping, I avoid the baby section to avoid the smell of baby powder. I was pleasantly surprised that this perfume works on me and how much I enjoy it!

In the bottle/wet on skin: Honey, and powder.

Drydown: Honey and milk with a powdery overlay. This reminds me a lot of Burt's Bees milk and honey lotion. I used to use that stuff everyday in 6th grade.

Dry: Sweet powdery honey. The milk disappears on me. The scent has a medium/light throw.

This is a nice bedtime scent. It is very soft and relaxing. A decant was enough for me. I don't feel like I need a bottle of it. I would recommend this scent as a bedtime scent for those who enjoy honey. :biggrin:

I have started a whole collection of different "clean" scents that I can get away with wearing to my scent-sensitive work place, so I am excited to try this!

Wet: (P.S. the label art may be the cutest I have ever seen! Is that Brian's dog? SO. CUTE.) Mmm! Soft, gentle, slightly powdery honey. Love at first sniff! It doesn't smell at all like baby powder to me, though it does smell powdery - but in the way I like, if that makes sense. It smells clean, sweet and creamy. This is so comforting. I can see putting this on like armour in the morning for a day I know will be full of stress and people screaming at me and calling me names. I love this so far.

Dry: Pure love. This is clean yes, but also very warm and comforting. One of the best skin scents I own. I think I will want a back-up of this. I can see it becoming a work favourite.

In the bottle: Soft honey and baby powder. 

On my skin:

The honey is subdued as the baby powder jumps to the top of the scent. This is the clean after a warm shower, rather than something cool and refreshing. 

Once it dries and settles in, the honey resurfaces as the main note. It has a vaguely fruity tinge to it -- not unpleasant, but I can't account for it in the listed notes. 

I never get milk as a distinct note, but something is definitely cutting the honey's potency. (BPAL honey is usually amazing on me, but it can sometimes get dangerously close to cloying territory if left unchecked. This blend, while sweet, stays far away from "too sweet.") It's not dampening the throw at all. 

It's nice, but I have skin scents I like better, honey scents I like better, and "clean" scents I like better. 

Clean milk in the bottle. Goes on as clean sweet skin, like a baby’s head. This is pretty! …while it’s wet. Then the baby talcum comes in, and it’s definitely “talc.” Stale talc, in fact. Well, it was pretty while it lasted.