Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
schackjj

PX717

In the Bottle: Subtle kitchen-type spices, a dry sand dune vibe.

Wet: A little sweetness. I'm not liking this stage. I can't ID any individual notes and the spices have disappeared.

Drydown: Soft cinnamon has come out and just a hint of sweetness now. But the sand dune impression is still there. The way the scent holds together makes me think it was meant to be part of the Egyptian series.

At the one hour point, this still has good throw.

FIRE!!!! FIRE, I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is all smoky, up-in-flames at first sniff and for awhile thereafter ... autumn-frosted maple leaves and cinnamon sticks tossed into the flames for good measure. There's also a certain sweetness lurking underneath. Ahhhh, I know ... it's Monster Bait: Ventriloquist Dummy! Remember him? "Savage apricot, depraved dry woods, and psychopathic patchouli covered by a disarmingly sweet mishmosh of caramel, brown sugar, hazelnut, and butterscotch." Well, somebody got wise to his tricks and tossed him into the fire. I love him both plain AND flambe'd! :wub2:

Without opening the bottle, the scent is so strong I can smell it. It is definitely warm and sweet, it smells similar to fire but I can't think of what it is. What specific type of fire is it? It's not a campfire, or even fireplace smell. It isn't the hotdog type smell from that crap wood we had a few years ago. It isn't wood burning stove, or the smell of a grease fire, it isn't the smell of burning paper either. It is more heat and wood than fire, but not the smell of the wood in the smoker. This is killing me. I know it. I'm getting pleasant feelings from the scent memory. GAH!

It is very familiar and bugging me so. It is a very specific hot wood...I got it! That sweet hot sticky wood smell is of wood immediately after having cut it with a power saw. It smells like high school stage crew and when we built the bookcases. AMAZING!

In the bottle it gets sweeter and lighter like it is covered in syrup.

On my skin it is all sugar/syrup and hot wood. I'm getting a little smoke, then a lot of smoke, and then the smoke fades allowing some cinnamon to come out.

Overall I get hot smoky wood with a dribble of cinnamon and sugar. Also, this lasts forever! It survived hand washing and didn't really start to fade until late that evening. Eventually the hotness of the smell goes away and leaves a very sweet wood in its place. For almost an entire day afterwards the edge of my laptop smelled fantastic.

in the vial: fire. smoky burny spicy and sweet fire.

on: there's something sharp and sweet. it smells kind of like mesquite bbq sauce.

it's actually kind of nice. the mesquite is actually isn't that bad or strong, and the spices are nicely blended with whatever this "sweet" note is.

or at least it would be great as an alternative to what I normally smell like if I've been camping for 3 or 4 days without a shower. beyond that, I don't think blend has a future in my box.

Edited by MoonstoneMama

in the imp: the same bbq note from st john's eve (though this time i'm not afraid to skin test it, so it's not going to take me three weeks to work up the nerve) and cinnamon, with something faintly herbal underneath that.

wet: why hi there vetiver, how you doin'? heavy smoke with sweet kitchen spices. i don't know why but it's surprising me since i was apparently expecting this to actually be st john's eve. i think because the smoke note was so similar. but this is all sweetness where that was incense and rose.

dry: apparently i amp maple. because now this is all maple and a hint of smoke.

i don't know what to think about this one. i like it, but it's giving me a lot of scent memories that make me think 'dirty'- as in a mess. it reminds me of sugaring season back home- burnt sugar, wood chips everywhere, smoke, sticky sappy ick on everything. however, at the same time, it's another really intense scent memory coming out of the lab so i'm torn. beth somehow does bring back the most intense scent memories from when i was younger than 15...

Vetiver! Very woody and smoky. A bit of a BBQ feel, yes, smoky and a touch sweet. From the throw I get sweetness, up close more smokiness. I actually kind of like this. Not sure it's something I'd wear, but yeah, the campfire smell appeals to me. Too bad I hate camping, otherwise I might have a reason to wear a scent like this.

This smells interesting and fall-like, but probably isn't something that I'd actually wear. It's like a bonfire, maple syrup, and cider-cinnamon... sweet, spicy, and smoky. I get a little bit of that mesquite bbq wood planks smell that I sometimes pick up on from a certain type of bpal's vetiver notes. Fall bbq.

Woodsy, spicy, smoke. I think vetiver and cinnamon. As it dries, it does get a bit of bbq sauce which may be a hint of cedar combined with maple syrup.

Odd.