Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ondine

Albedo v5

In the vial: Lemongrass, but its sharpness is dulled by something. I believe there's musk, but that's not the only thing in here. It's very hard to tell in the vial, because the lemongrass dominates.

On: Very lemongrass-y at first, grounded by musk. The lemongrass amps. :ack: I'm now stuck somewhere between citronella candle and lemon dish soap. Pleeeease, lemongrass, calm down!

Later: A remainder of lemon, musk and... maybe tonka? It's this almost-creamy, matte note, not sweet enough for vanilla, not juicy enough for coconut. Hm. I don't think I'd wear this a lot because it's just so LEMONGRASS! at first, so I may swap my decant.

I bought a bottle from the BPAL etsy shop and I'm very glad I did!

I love the Lab's lemony notes, and lemongrass or lemon verbena is what's predominant here on me. (It's not juicy enough for pure lemon or even lemon peel, to my nose.)

I also get a subtle creaminess and a hint of coconut on the far drydown. I definitely smell coconut in the bottle, and I'm hoping it will emerge more on my skin with age.

Love this. A beautiful summer scent for me.

:wub2:

Cologne? Men's cologne? I don't get much more from this one, it's nice but I shoved it over to my husbands side, let's see if he goes for it.

This smells like a summer cocktail. I get sugary lime/lemon verbena and creamy coconut with soft pretty tropical flowers in the back, perhaps tiare. It's a very 'breezy' scent to me if that makes any sense. It has some strong throw too. I think this would make a great beach or summer day scent.

At first this was tropical sweetness on me like coconut, then it went a bit bitter before it morphed and I realized it was lemon...it keeps moving between fresh and acrid lemon which may be because as someone else mentioned it is lemongrass more than lemon. I really like the coconut with the idea of lemon, but this lemon does not like me, at all.

Initially sharp, it dries into a cute, bright sugary lemongrass cream with hints of complexity. Very light. 

Edited by ND¢