Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ondine

Albedo v5

On me, this is a very sweet, uplifting kind of scent. I really enjoy this scent and it's something I would categorize as a "pick me up" sort of perfume for when you're feeling down.

I'm terrible with scent impressions, but it's definitely coming across on my skin as a creamy scent with perhaps a touch of white floral, not heavy at all (maybe gardenia?) and citrusy, like an undertone of bright lemon. It strikes me as being in the same family as Velvet Nudie, so if you enjoyed that one you might like this too.

It's somewhat fleeting on me, though, and becomes quite close to the skin after about five minutes. Later, after most of it has burned off, I get a lingering coconut note, which is great!

Edited by Ondine

Albedo v5 - I think this is among the best scents of the Cobwebs 3 event. It's a sweet scent, but not a typical foody scent. It's very creamy, but not the scent of sweet cake or vanilla, just sweet cream, boosted by lemon. But it's not the typical sweet lemon -- it's a bit deeper and rougher, making me wonder if it's actually verbena instead of lemon. I didn't pick up at all on the coconut the previous reviewer noted, but you bet I'll be looking for it the next time I wear this blend. This is a lovely scent, definitely a "happy" type of scent, and it has really heavy throw and very long staying power. I'm really in love with this one. Most foody scents tend to "turn" on my skin, so I love that I get a semi-foody feeling from this without the full-blown gourmand effect that turns to musty plastic on me. This scent stays true from the beginning to the end. I'm definitely in love with it.

I couldn't wait to try this one because there was so much interest already :D

In the bottle: Definitely not foody, maybe a little mint way down in there? Very hard to tell what's going on

Wet: Hmm, this stuff is thin, that may not be a good sign for lasting power. Nose clearing!! Something sharp, one of my unfavorite florals?

Drydown: There's some citrus in here, orange maybe? Yup, definitely orange. And then a light musk comes in. Not terribly long lasting but beautiful. I'd like to try this one in a locket and see what happens ;)

Coconut? Lemongrass? I didn't get either one of those :wacko:

A friend asked for a list for the Cobweb/Trunk show and this was an impulse buy. I am not good with notes, but I get sweet, lemon, coconut, and a possible floral. Smells beautiful, but I am just not 100% sure it's for me. Will have to test another time to see how I feel.

When this first goes on, it was quite a strong orange - definitely not lemon for me. But there's something else going on, almost like a honey sweetness with a slight creaminess (almost waxiness) that's making the orange feel all warm and velvety rather than sharp and citrus.

After about 20 minutes, it's gone more musky and the orange is more subdued but still very creamy. I'm wondering whether this is orange blossom rather than 'plain' orange - that would explain the creamy wax thing.

One hour later - faint remnants of the orange, which has kept the creamy sweetness all the way to this point. Something almost coconut-y is peeking through but it's very subtle. Two hours later and it's all but gone from my skin, but I did only have a little dab so next time I'll try a good swipe of oil and see how it goes.

I usually can't deal with gardenia or white florals at all, but I don't pick up anything like that here. Just the creamiest, muskiest orange I've ever encountered - this is an absolute keeper for me!

In the bottle: Invigorating, clean. Smells like lemon (or bergamot?), tea, and maybe white roses to me.

Wet: More herbal-floral right away; the lemon turns into oil rather than juice. It's a bit sweet, and very head-clearing.

Half an hour: It went through a sweet lemon-drops phase, but now it is quite gently herbal and lemonish. There is some other white scent in there I can't tease out, perhaps a floral but I can't tell for sure. And there's something that reads almost like patchouli, but it's so pure and clean I hesitate to name it patchouli.

Hour and a half: Now it seems almost like a light musk, very soft. Could be orchid, I suppose. There's still the suggestion of lemon over it, and something herbal that I thought before might be patchouli. Now I think that can't be right. This is gentle, though, and bright-soft.

Four hours: All gone. Like albedo itself, this is a fleeting state.

In the bottle, powdery lemon.

On my skin, starts out as lemon meringue pie on my skin. :wub2:

As it begins to dry, this becomes more of a lemon/orange scent.

This dries down to a lovely, sweet lemon-with-occasional-whiffs-of-orange scent.

Definitely a keeper for me. :heart:

Edited by angelicruin

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Creamy white coconut and lemongrass.

Wet: More lemongrass than coconut, quite lemony indeed, very tart and bright - reminds me of the lab's lemon blossom note, too. The coconut is the same note as in Black Pearl, to my nose. Very white and gleaming, appropriately.

Dry: Coconut amping, and it's very intensely creamy, heavy and foody. The lemongrass has that slightly sharp green edge, almost grassy. Actually this is reminding me a little of Thai soup!

Oddly foody. I am not a fan.

Lemongrass and coconut, with slightly aloe-y thing in the background. Very refreshing, but not at all sweet, and less creamy than The Star, which I like more.

ALBEDO v5: No description (prototype)

In Bottle: Lemon coconut

On Skin: This scent is DELICIOUS! It reminds me of The Tarot scent "The Star". It has a gorgeous coconut frosting base, on a lemon meringue pie. Pure YUM! But even though it is so foody, it has a gorgeous perfumey quality to it too and makes it perfectly wearable. It is very strong and very bright... but the brightness is kept in check with the lovely creamy coconut and frosting notes. This scent is comforting and very uplifting, another "hug scent" as I like to call them. There is also a clean note in there, almost aquatic which also tones the lemon nicely. I can see myself wearing this scent alot, even though I'm not a huge fan of lemon. The creamy coconut seals the deal for me and makes me LOVE this scent! It has a very strong throw and long wearlength.

Edited by slave1

Wow...this is so gorgeous! I knew I would love it just by all the reviews. DEFINITELY coconut lemongrass, but there's something extra sweet in there....whether it be vanilla creme or frosting, it adds a whole other edge to this beautiful scent! Love it!

Thank you thank you to the amazing BPAL Goddess who provided me with a sniffie of this! :wub:

In the vial: Coconut lemongrass! I LOVE these two notes together.

Wet: Yup, coconut lemongrass with a bit of of a sun tan lotion thing going on...I like it though, it makes my skin smell sun-kissed ^_^ The comparison to The Star is good, it's like The Star minus the lime + lemongrass. I actually like this one a lot better.

Dry: This hasn't changed, it's just straight up coconut lemongrass on my skin. Magic Hands Workshop used to sell a coconut lemongrass salt bar (which has been discontinued...and it was my favorite) Albedo reminds me a lot of that. This is a nice, sunny, happy, tropical scent. Love it!

Overall: I really hope this one makes it to the GC. I would love to slather myself in this during the warm months. I will cherish my little sniffie :wub2:

this is a sweet lemon-coconut with maybe some white floral added? almost reminds me of the floral in pele...a white floral + ginger maybe. it's kind of tropical to me but also slightly smells like lemon frosting. it reminds me of a sweeter version of murder of crows (if i am remembering correctly), which was also a soft lemony scent, but less sweet.

Definitely coconut and lemongrass. I thought that it smelled like lime, and oddly enough when I first put it on it reminded me to the BBW Coconut Lime Verbena scent line they have. It basically smells like that to me.

But I think its definitely lemongrass, as lime has a tendency to fade fast and this lemony citrus smell is sticking around.

But yeah, smells like lemon grass, watery coconut, and overall makes me think THAI food and the beach. But that's because coconut always makes me think of the beach.

Thanks to sunshinedaisybliss for sharing this testable sniffie!! :wub2:

I definitely smell a hint of creamy coconut, in the context of subtlety and good taste. The coconut is remarkably low-key and lovely.

I think I smell the candied gardenia note from Marae.

There is an obvious citrus-herbal note that I also believe to be lemongrass.

zankoku_zen mentioned B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena, and I can see the comparison for sure, except this scent is far more sophisticated, natural, balanced, and finely-tuned - it lacks the sickly sweet too-much-coconut and plasticky overtone of B&BW's CLV. Of course it does. This is BPAL! This is the good stuff!

Very enjoyable. A great scent for a steamy tropical vacation.

mmm... this is a lovely lemon meringue. I'm not big on lemon scents, but this is a creamy yummy dessert lemon.

this is like the lemony cousin of the limey The Star.

I don't find Albedo to be a foody scent at all.. and I don't even get the coconut many people have mentioned, which on me is a good thing :cry2:

In the Imp: oooh! wham in the nose with that citrus! It's more of a tangerine-y scent to me than lemon or lemongrass -- it's a very energetic citrus with a hint of sweetness.

On Skin: still got lots of citrus, but it is mellowing out a bit.

20 minutes, and thereafter: holy mackerel. this is beautiful. it is this delightful warm, soft, and creamy scent with a hint of citrus overlay. By 'creamy' I don't mean 'like the lab's cream note' which doesn't work with my skin chemistry; I mean a sensation that feels like actual cream feels, smooth and rich without being oppressive or sweet. It's really delightful. I must find another decant. ::wub2::

Edited by myoubi

Sometimes you just have to concede that something isn't going to smell good on you no matter how many times you keep refreshinig your nose with coffee beans and resniffing. I tried to make peace with the spot on my hand I tested this on for about an hour, and the Lemon Pledge simply would not go away. Of course it was definitely 10x stronger in the wet stage, to the point of being a heady mix of Lemon Pledge and the cheap kind of lemon candy that leaves an artifical taste in your mouth, but all the way to the drydown it steadfastly remained Lemon Pledge, more like an airy room that had just been doused in the stuff in the extreme drydown. I can see there is some coconut in here but it's very faint. Unfortunately this is not at all the creamy, foody lemon meringe pie-type of thing I was expecting, but those who got that obviously have different skin types. Hopefully it will go to someone whose chemistry turns it delicious.

I agree with the coconut + lemongrass reviews. The lemon is sweet and slightly herbal smelling on me and the coconut is creamy and kinda reminds me of sun tan lotion. It's creamy, sweet, refreshing, bright and cheery. As it dries down, the scent goes slightly perfumey, sharper, and floral smelling on me, but it's still pretty good. I think that I'll keep my decant of this, because I can see myself wearing it quite a bit this summer.

It smells unpleasant in the imp, like chemicals. Sharp and unpleasant. On (because I try everything :)) the coconut comes out and it smells likke sweet coconut, tiki flowers, and a residual chemical smell. Sigh. Love it except for the chemical smell.

Smells a lot like sun tan oil to me and like another reviewer said, BBW Coconut Lime Verbena. Very tropical and sunny, but not for me! :)

Count me in the Pledge camp.

I get zero sweetness or creaminess, and nothing even remotely foody from this. I also don't get coconut. I do get bitter, sinus-clearing lemon/lemongrass. And an almost oily-chemical edge that just... makes me think of Pledge. Totally.

Definitely lemon. That is the strongest. It's not like Pledge to me. It is in that family but not as bad. I might get a hint of coconut but it is very slight.