Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Zombie Apocalypse

ddzombie.jpg

Brains? Brains.
Examples: Night of the Living Dead (and all things Romero-plus-Dead), 28 Days Later, Undead, Planet Terror
Swirls of red jelly and sugary white ooze.

Definitely the foody blend of the second round of Movie Blockbuster scents this summer. Wet on the skin, it's strawberry jam. :yum: The more it dries, the more it smells like a powdered jelly-filled donut. I'll definitely consider a second bottle of this stuff. :wub:

I was really excited about this blend- in fact I bought 2 bottles. Sadly ZA is awful!

It smells like Pink Phoenix (which I love) and cheap chemical-smelling plastic. On the dry down it does soften up but it never looses that plastic smell. I had to wash it off because it was making me sick. *cries*

Maybe it will age better *fingers crossed*

Rock on. I freaked out and bought four bottles of Zombie Apolcalypse and it's totally working on me so far. Granted, it's been 60 seconds, but with four bottles, I really need to love this scent. :lol:

I can see why reviewers at Will Call said caramel, but I actually think one person nailed it better by saying there's a tart fruit in there with a sugar note.

I confess, the first thing I thought when I smelled the tartness was "inner tube!" and not in a nice way. But the more I think about it, the more I've decided that's just the tartness of the fruit note. Also, I mostly notice it when I stick my nose up to my arm and huff...when I let it waft (and it's crazy strong) I get a spicy berry smell.

I probably won't wear this much until Fall and Winter, because it's really heavy and sweet and that doesn't gibe well with humidity, but I like it a lot. I'll definitely keep at least two of my bottles. :)

Ordered from Dark Delicacies on the 18th, received (in Virginia) today!

:joy:

I was sooooo hoping I would love this, I ordered 2 bottles! Remember, I am *awful* with the notes, but I will try.

In the bottle: pure caramel - not like a caramel candy, sharper than that, but caramel... boozy almost?

Wet: Still caramel, but there is something else - almost fruity? Must be the red jelly :yum:

So far, it's wonderful. It is not as "sugary" as I expected from some of the reviews, but I really love it so far. If it morphs into anything, I will update! Cause it's only been about a minute and a half.

ETA: Ok, an hour and a half - still sweet, but fruitier than at the beginning. I smell strawberries now - but still with a carmelized undertone. I like it more and more! Glad I bought a back up!

Edited by ltrittipoe

It starts out all maple doughnut with maybe a hint of the jelly cream from another doughnut squished up next to it, it's filling oozing out the side.

Once it dries, the dark caramel scent takes on the quality of the molasses in Lawn Gnome with a tinge of the Snow White coconut/plastic/musk scent.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting any red jelly at all dry.

Yep, me too: Heavy caramel--like you poured Agrat Bat Mahlat into a pan of burnt sugar--and no "red jelly." Bummer.

Oooh, this is nicer than I expected. I usually can't do the candy/sugar scent, but this isn't as heavy or gooey smelling.

There seems to be a bit of spice from something, along with the red jelly. I don't get white sugar from this, more of a brown sugar. On me it reminds me of a slightly light Sugar Skull with a bit of jelly.

It's very yummy and even though it's not as heavy as I expected, it's not really something I will wear during the summer, but will probably be wonderful during the fall/winter.

In the bottle: butterscotch schnapps.

Wet: still butterscotch, but warmed a bit with a tinge of fruitiness

Dry: the caramel/butterscotch note turns a bit scorched, more like molasses, with the fruit note staying close to the skin.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this. I like some sweet scents, but at first smell it so much reminded me of the butterscotch latte flavoring that I had to regroup a bit. After testing for a bit, I did find myself catching whiffs of the scent at the oddest times -- and it was compelling. I'd stop, sniff a bit, realize it was just me, and then move on. In that way it really does invoke the whole "BRAAAAAINNNS!" vibe I wanted from this.

I might have to wear this full on a couple of times before I decide if it is a keeper.

EDIT: After trying it again, I decided my nose was broken the first time around. This is almost all warm strawberry jam, with a bit of sugar icing around the edges. The sugar note fades pretty fast, and on my wrists the smell went a bit "inner tube" for a while, before settling into the lovely strawberry scent that lasts and lasts.

Edited by Jenn2D2

The Bottle: Jelly. Strawberry jelly upon heaps of more jelly. But something lingers underneath, threatening to overthrow the jelly overlords.

Wet: WTF is that? Slightly nauseating amounts of red berries. I can't smell anything else for a good two minutes until it dries.

Dry: I want to eat my own brains. The "something else" from before is a bit spicy and sugary. A brown sugar, like Femme_fatale said. It blends into this strawberry confectionery that makes me want to eat anything it touches.

Overall: Despite the Jelly OD in the beginning, this is a keeper. The throw is decent, the lasting power is more than two hours (I had to shower then =( ) and the glow of the sugary sweetness seems to blend with my skin chemistry so nicely.

I think this scent may make zombies instead of smell like them ;)

:o

Beth. Seriously. You're freaking me out. This is not perfume, it's strawberry jelly. Not strawberry... strawberry jelly. All gelatinous and speckled with seeds in its tiny plastic, restaurant-portion tub.

Well, that description actually made it sound kind of gross. But it's not. It's just incredibly realistic. I don't even like strawberry scent notes... or eating strawberry jelly, for that matter... but I love this.

Zombie Apocalypse is more dark, sexy caramel/cakey powdered sugar when wet, but it quickly settles into a rhythm that involves just a bit of that initial caramel scent with much more jelly and even maybe a dash of warm apple.

And, you know what? Despite being fruity and cute, it's still a little creepy. It's sinister sweet.

KEEPER.

I think this scent doesn't work on me...

In the bottle:

Pancake syrup with a bit of fruit, like one of those strawberry/maple blends you might find at IHop without the artificiality.

wet:

Starts the same as in the bottle except with a possible alcoholic undertone which gets more pronounced on me, like this is some sort of cordial? It's like I have chambord+maple syrup on my wrist.

dry: It's still sort of sweet with a hint of fruit and an odd melon (like watermelon) undertone o_O; Maybe as it ages it will improve.

In the bottle it is caramel and red jelly. Wet it is red jelly and sugar. Dry the caramel comes back, and the fruit settles down to a nice strawberry jelly. Yum.

In bottle: Caramelized sugar

Wet on skin: Woah! Definitely agree with the Sugar Skull comparison but there's this sharp tartness of red jelly. It is indeed a jelly filled doughnut!!

Dry on skin: Doesn't change much...if anything- the harsher sugar smell dies down a bit more to a vanilla doughnut powder rather than crystallized sugar. But both scents of sugar and jelly just intertwine beautifully! OM NOM NOM :thud: Need more!

And a side note- if this is what brains are like to zombies...I completely understand now ;)

Wet: Jelly doughnuts for sure--strawberry filled jelly doughnuts.

On, initially: I too, got the "inner tube" smell that was mentioned upthread--it made me a little nervous.

On dry: No more inner tubes, just yummy cakey jelly doughnuts. Lasted quite a while, too!

Final verdict: LOVE :wub2:

Oh, Zombie Apocalypse, you're breaking my heart. The reviews of strawberry jelly/jelly filled donuts are right on. I can smell the sugar, which is actually less sugar than SUGAR! and strawberry jelly. Unfortunately for me, the SUGAR! takes on a caramelized/plasticky tone. And it's got a pretty strong throw--so much it almost makes me a little queasy (of course, it's hot and crazy humid here so anything even half as sweet and strong would probably be overwhelming). Too bad, I loved the sound of it.

Sniffing the bottle this is, like others have said, a jelly donut. On my skin its strawberry (and maybe a bit of raspberry?) jam with lots of burnt sugar similar to Sugar Skull. But it becomes too burnt-smelling on my skin, and the jam fades away quickly. But in a scent locket, this stays an even mix of jam and caramel-sugar and its much nicer. Mmmm brains indeed! :D

In the bottle: Caramelized sugar - almost maple-y.

On wet: Maple sugar and something decidedly RED n' FRUITY! Quite a jarring combination.

Drydown: Sweet, red berry jam. Thick and gloppy. Caramel sugar is glowing underneath. The entire effect is almost...hazy, if that makes sense - like there's this vapour trail of heavy, goo-ified, sugar-berry NOMness wafting up from my skin. It's absolutely *incredible*. :eek:

Overall: I all but cried when I heard the preliminary reports on this scent - that one of my all-time favourite concepts was going to be a *gasp* FOODIE blend! - not quite what an anti-foodie like me had been hoping for. With much trepidation and little optimism, I ordered ZA anyway...and I am SO glad I did! YES, it's a foodie scent, and YES, it's super sweet, but holy smokes, does it ever smell GOOD! And it actually works on my skin! I don't forsee slathering it on *every day* or anything, but it's definitely wearable, it's totally fun, and my nose can't seem to get enough of it! DELICIOUS! 4.5/5 :wub2:

I am really saddened because I was so amused to learn that the zombie scent would be a foody scent and I am an unashamed foody lover.

In the decant, this was a nice delicious strawberry jelly. Unfortunately, once I applied it, it quickly went south. The berry got extremely sharp and the only thing I could think of to compare it to was if you took some of those menthol cherry cough drops and then set them on fire. There was a harsh burning component that was not pleasant like the caramelized sugar in Sugar Skull is. After a while, I had to wash it off because it was not mellowing out at all.

Red gooey jam for sure. When first applied there was a metallic-y edge to this that really didn't sit well with my nose but that has faded and a caramel/burnt sugar note is starting to amp up. Jelly doughnut is spot on! I don't know if I could wear this regularly but it's definitely fun and foody.

straight sniff from imp is strawberry jam...

once applied, sweetness overload...the jam fades quick as a wink

and i am left with a dusting of powdered sugar and crisp, clean brook water... :eek:

Pure and sweet strawberry jelly. Good lord this is sweet! When it dries down it gets a bit warmer and darker which I'm guessing is the (brown) sugar coming out to play. This truly is foody heaven!

Fresh on my skin, it's "Whoah, Caramel!!!" That lasted for, um, 3-5 seconds before the crazy fizzy red came out. I forgot about the strawberry jam and told myself that it smelled like Zots (remember those?), fizzy part included.

As it dries the fizz goes away and it darkens up somewhat. It goes from almost unbearably sweet to "hey - that's kinda nice!". I can see wearing this for my foody fix.

In the bottle and on my skin - jelly donuts. :wub2:

I did notice that the oil separates into two distinct layers, so be sure to rock the zombies gently before applying.

Edited by scrappy

Red jelly and sugar. That's exactly it. But it seems more like there's a mixture of extra sweet red jelly over which confectioner's sugar has been powdered. I don't know why, but I totally think of powdered sugar coating when I sniff my arm. Now I feel like eating something sweet and sugary...