Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ami226

Osiris v4

I really am enamored with this...it is as if Antikythera Mechanism (teak & bourbon vanilla), Schwarzer Mond (patchouli and opopanax) and Slaugh (saparilla) had a throw down (or a big sloppy orgy) and this was its residual. Resinous and rich, well blended...the aspect of the judgement and the potentiality of rebirth. The clove lies close to my skin. There is something in this that reminds me of Temple Of The Horned God...dark, mysterious, hiding in shadow but full of life. Perfect for days when my mood leans towards duality.

I put Osiris v4 on and shouted "FLAN!" and my cat looked at me with an expression that said All humans are idiots :lol: There's a certain creamy coolness in here that makes me think of a chilled flan, but it's definitely not foody in any sense. Also definitely some amber, but the least powdery, most skin-scent amber I've ever smelled---maybe amber musk? Woods, yes, I don't know about teak specifically but there is a woody base to this... maybe not woody, maybe a bit sandy. A little spicy, but definitely not cinnamon or cassia, though it does remind me just a touch of Morocco---there's a similar spices-combining-to-smell-creamy-instead-of-harsh feel. I dislike Glowing Vulva intensely (wrong kind of cream, too much dry wood, stupid lotus flower, etc.) but I can agree that it's like what I wanted GV to smell like... except better.

It's very present but not cloying (I dabbed it on the back of one hand and mushed that hand into the other, and I can smell it from about six inches away, and need to do a full skin test), sweet but not foody, woody but not masculine, spicy but not sharp. It's basically the perfect balance of scents.

I was gushing about it to my boyfriend just now and in my babble I described it as "ocean sand, sun-warmed skin, a trace of expensive sunscreen and a small, cold plate of flan." He loved the sound of it, so I think that's what I'm sticking to. :rofl:

Origin:

Tester from sunshinedaisybliss. :wub2:

Preconceived notions:

Somehow this proto flew under my radar until the lovely lady I got my tester from sent some my way. I love woods, patchouli, resins and I like spicy scents, so this should be right up my alley. :)

First sniff:

Mmm, that does smell good! It's in the same sort of vein as Jupiter--a spicy wood/resin scent--but lighter, creamier and sweeter. Very pretty.

Wet on skin:

More of the same. I've never tried Glowing Vulva (not my type of scent, I don't think, plus I hate lotus), so I can't say whether Osiris is similar or not. I'd say the wood in here is almost definitely teak...could be some mahogany, maybe. The spices are dry and mysterious, not foody. I'm thinking there's some vanilla here, too. Something is lending a creamy sweetness to the scent.

Dry down:

I think there's patchouli in this, too. As it dries, it stays mostly the same (a creamy, spicy resinous wood scent), but something very much like black patchouli is swirling around in here. It adds a musky earthiness.

The bottom line:

I really like this one. I don't know why I didn't think to try it sooner, but I'm glad I ended up testing it because it's a definite winner. :heart:

In the bottle: Teak and spices -- maybe cinnamon?

Wet: The wood backs off a bit and the spices come to the front. There is definitely clove and nutmeg in there, and something that reminds me of chili powder -- maybe cumin?

Drydown: This blends incredibly well as it dries. I think there is sandalwood in here as well as the teak. When I stick my nose right next to my wrist, it's all spices (and still that hint of chili powder, which has me stumped), but the throw is vanilla-spiced woods.

This is a gorgeous scent, smooth and dark and luscious. It reminds me of the way I always want pipe tobacco to smell (though it never does). The spices and sweetness keep it warm, but it's a warm darkness.

I just have to say -- if this is the version Beth wasn't happy enough with to release, I can't wait to see the final version. Because anything better than this will totally make me swoon!

Edited by TeaOtter

Good god, this is amazing!!

I can smell the resemblance between Osiris v4 and Glowing Vulva + The Antikythera Mechanism because of the wood note, which I believe to be teak. Maybe it's a darker wood, like mahogany? It might be the opoponax's cola-like smell and a very refined black patchouli that's making it darker and sweeter wood than GV and TAM. There's also some spicy clove in this, which makes me think it's Saqqara's sexy older brother. What a magnificent blend, I want more. :wub2:

Oh, heaven.

I missed a chance at this a while back, and am blessed to have received a decant to love.

Wood scents can be hit or miss with me, but this one is stunning. It is the soft teak of Glowing Vulva, most definitely. There's something earthy lingering under it, perhaps a touch of dark patch? It's got a shining, resinous aspect- not sure what is contributing for that.

But what makes this glorious, to me, is the clove! I can't tell if it's the only spice, but it's certainly dominant. It's not quite the sweet clove of the SN, nor is it quite the bitter clove of Smiling Spider (although it's closer to that). It's an earthy clove, much like the scent of crushing a whole dried clove.

As it dries, all of the notes coalesce and it gets about impossible to pick them out- which is delightful.

So: overall impression- crushed clove on a backdrop of creamy, resinous teak and musky warm darkness.

My gracious but it's gorgeous on me!