Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

All Night Long

As if the name didn’t spell it out for you. This blend relieves all sexual inhibitions by simultaneously relaxing and arousing.

this was a soft, nutty, cinnamon, but not over poweringly cinnamon, it has an almost powder like backdrop, very different than i expected, it is very nice, i shall update when i find out how well "it works"

Very sharply cinnamon.

It smells like cinnamon, freshly ground. It is very spicy and not much of anything else on me. It also burned my skin if I put it anywhere but on my wrists, and it even felt a bit warm there...

It went off to swaps, I couldn't stand the burning sensation, and the cinnamon was a bit much. :P

Bottle (Imp): I have no idea what notes I'm smelling, but they are sweet and sharp all at once, in a good way. I keep smelling it over and over, and I hope it stays this good on.

Just On: The sharpness increased a bit, and the sweet faded some. Knowing that The Mate is very not 'in the mood', I don't expect it to relax or arouse him, but hopefully he will at least like it. This has several different things going on, and I can't identify anything but cinnamon, but I think I like so far.

An hour or two later: This has turned very spicy, which is probably a bonus, though I'm not a huge spicy person (as far as 'hot' spices), The Mate likes spicy, and I think this smells pretty good still. This seems like a scent I'd want on me when I'm dressed HOT HOT HOT. The Mate says, "Mmmm. Smells very nice." (How can I train this guy to really notice what I'm wearing and let me know what he likes best?)

Around 6 hours: I really like this, it's fading through a couple other levels, but still has some spice, and a nice sweetness to it. I am so amazed at how much these change from bottle to wearing all the way off, and how *GOOD* they all smell on me. To think, all those years wasted, not able to wear perfumes for the most part, with a couple exceptions from Avon. I can smell some cinnamon in this now, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE.

12 hours: It faded quite a bit, and I'm left with a vague impression of sweet powder, which isn't so bad. I'll probably have to refresh this earlier, but that's okay.

Overall: I like the way this smells, and I hope that I can test it further some night when I'm going out. Or perhaps find out if it could have the desired affect on The Mate... but then I'll have to wait a bit.

After reading other reviews: I don't get the strong cinnamon right away that others do, but it's there. I didn't get amorous results, but I think that The Mate being a disabled guy means he gets a LOT of leeway if he doesn't jump on me when I'm smelling fabulous. I'll probably save this for wearing when I'm going out or something, rather than to work or just to hang out at home. Apparently, I'm lucky in that the cinnamon stuff doesn't burn me... so far everything I've tried has been just fine on my skin.

All Night Long:

Wet: Ooh, cinnamon. Cinnamon and.. musk?

Longterm wear: Sadly, this turned into cinnamon baby powder, and I noticed no other effects. :/

Yowza. All Night Long started on me as a pleasant blend of snickerdoodles and soap. The snickerdoodles transmuted to fiery Red Hot candies, though, and the skin on the back of my hand where I'd applied the oil turned reddish to match the smell.

I made the perhaps-mistake of applying it straight from the imp. If I planned on keeping this one, next time I would blend it with a little lotion or carrier oil to see if that eased the sting. But I've swapped it on.

I have yet to get to try this out for its purpose, but I got to smell out the abq. sniffathon Quantum Spice so graciously hosted, and it immediately went to my wishlist for the scent alone.

Delicious! Cinnamon and almonds, that's what I got, with just a bit of resin or wood beneath it?

Must have some for the scent alone, and if it works like its supposed to--and you know, most of the voodoo blends do--then its really worth it!

In the imp and on the skin wet, it is very nutty. Kinda like a filbert.

As it dries, then the spices some out. I remember thinking when this was wet that who would wear a nutty blend. But, this dried is a lot like Silk Road, must be the cinnamon.

I like it. I will try it out for its properties soon too! :P

In the bottle this was spicey and sweet, but not hot the way cinnamon often is. When I put it on it immediately turned to two notes cinnamon and celery (I know there is a plant which smells more like celery than celery so I presume it's more likely to be that). Some hours later it became more creamy and lost that fresh celery scent, overall it was very comforting despite the fact I was having a crappy day. Very strange.

This is nothing but cinnamon on me. Cinnamon notes seem to love my skin... unfortunately, I am not exactly in love with cinnamon. This one scared me quite a lot, because it kept getting stronger and stronger with every passing minute (threatening to take over my very soul). Well into hour 2, I had to wash it off. It smells just like fiery cinnamon red hots candies. Very overpowering on me. My boy also isn't exactly in love with cinnamon, so I don't think this turned either of us on.

If you ever wanted to smell strongly of red hots candies... this is your dream perfume.

Initial Sniff: Cinnamon and... peanuts? Surely my nose is off...

Wearing: Very very cinnamon. Luckily the peanut was a fleeting phenomenon, and as this develops I smell cloves and a wood note in addition to the cinnamon. This lasts, well, all night long.

Final Impressions: I like this, The cinnamon doesn't turn into Red Hots; rather it is like cinnamon sticks.

VooDoo Effects: I don't know that affects the boy, but it has a positive effect on my libido. :P

This was my intial reaction to this blend:

[01:15] Harlequin: And now, I shall try All Night Long....

[01:16] Harlequin: Ooh, it reminds me of a dessert. :P <*sniffs it again>

[01:16] DragonGrl: mmmmm.

[01:16] DragonGrl: dessert.

[01:17] tart: i don't think i've tried that

<*sniffs it again*>

[01:17] Harlequin: cinnamon raisin bread???

The cinnamon seems to alternate between being quite spicy and being sweet.. just getting a waft of it, it leans more towards the sweet side... but when you really get your nose into and smell it deeply it becomes much more spicy and sharp. (and I did get a tiny bit of it on my nose when i was sniffing.. yeah. that wasn't too good.)

I'm not sure that cinnamon raisin bread is quite right.. maybe if you blended a glazed cinnamon roll with cinnamon raisin bread..?

I'm not too sure how the voodoo mojo of this blend works, but I will definitely be trying that out over the weekend, because on monday, my boy is leaving for 7-8 weeks in Michigan.. We'll see how it works.

I can definitely see how the relaxing/arousing thing would come from this oil, though. It does have that sort of calm sort of baked-good scent, but it's sharp and energetic at the same time, or at alternating breaths

I would definitely say diluting this oil in a spray or with a carrier oil would be a good idea, though.. the cinnamon is quite strong. definitely don't want to put it on if you've gotten out of the shower recently. yikes would that be painful.

Edited by harlequin

Yup, cinnamon and peanuts, chopped, salted, roasted peanuts.

It is quite pleasant smelling if you don't think of it is a perfume, which it isn't in any case. As it fades, it gets more flowery.

Really very nice. And from it I have learned that I do not have the bad cinnamon reaction so many here have so, yay.

I'll have to test its voodoo properties another time.

All night long smells dark. I can smell the cinnamon, with a dark currant of something underneath. I go from loving it to being intimidated by it. The last half an hour or so I really love it. Off to test the Voodoo properties of this blend.

First Impression: Cinnamony resin. A bit too cloyingly sweet for me.

Dried down to: Cinnamon popcorn

Lasted: 2 hours.

Rating: 2 out of 5

Cinnamon, cinnamon, CINNAMON!! Yup, another decadent foody masterpiece. I love it, it's not the red - hot kind of cinnamon scent, but a baked - goods cinnamon smell with a luscious nutty undertone. Almonds or pecans maybe? Reminds me of the roasted nut stands at the mall. This one's very strong, it will literally hit you from across the room, which is a quality I LOVE in an oil. Slather me baby, all night long... :P

in the bottle: this is a sweet, cinnamony type of scent. But, it's not overpoweringly candy-ish, like what was it? Pain, I think. No, wait. Wrath (I just checked). Wrath smelled exactly like a Red Hot piece of candy. All Night Long is more of just a sweet-ish kind of cinnamon. Lovely.

wet on skin: spicey and sweet, with none of the irritation that other people have mentioned. My skin, despite being very sensitive, doesn't seem to mind cinnamon oils. Thankfully, because they're some of my favourite scents to wear.

dry: quite a bit of throw, but not a lot of staying power (ironically enough, given the name). Overall, the scent doesn't change much with my skin chemistry. It gives the sense of a sultry summer night and if I close my eyes, I get the impression of lying on a bed, completely spent and blissful. :P

In the bottle:

red, hot, cinnamon

On me:

Goes on very cinnamon, but the cinnamon doesn't stay strong for very long - before too long it's more earthy and backed up by what I think must be myrrh and sandalwood. I'm getting earthy smooth sweetness like sandalwood, and a little bit of wood shavings like myrhh. The cinnamon still keeps me from hating this though, since I don't usually care for the whole wood shavings smell. So far, it's nothing I particularly like or dislike either way. It's not unpleasant, but I have cinnamon blends I like better too.

Final note:

This got zero response from my fiance, and though I think the smell is generally nice, it's not really something I'd wear on a regular basis. I'll probably try it for it's "effects" again, but I don't see myself buying a bottle.

This is gonna be a quickie. Just dabbed a bit on my upper chest, which is where most oils that I want to smell well go.

Primary impressions of this is a strong, grated cinnamon stick scent mixed with a blend of fennel and some dry, aged wood such as aloeswood, perhaps a bit of darker, ambery teakwood as well. There's definitely sandalwood in this, with a touch of ylang-ylang. This is a very earthy, nutty blend.

I don't know if this works, but it definitely smells different. Kind of like a burning stick of traditional Japanese joss stick incense.

My Impression:

To me this is like liquid Red Hots. I get a very stout cinnamon and like the first review I read of this...I also perceived celery. (I am still scratching my head on that one) After drydown it softens a bit but to me this is cinnamon gone insane.

allnightlong.jpg

This is a riot! This blend is called "All Night Long" and it smells like nuts! Sort of a cross between hazel nuts and walnuts. What a scream! It is very pleasant. Kind of gets into a cinnamon phase, a nutmeg background, a bit of real suave linseed oil kind of smell (I love the smell of linseed oil, never tried it as a 'marital aid' however). Damn, I just love the Voodoo oils, just because they smell so very fine. This is yummy.

thanks to the generosity of the lab I got to try All Night Long.

while I have yet to try it out for its intended use, I did take it for a scented test run.

In the imp: cloves and cinnamon

Wet: cinnamon and cloves. this is a very strong scent - a little goes a long way! I get a hint of vetivert underneath. Spicy!!

Dry: becomes a dry heat type smell. the vetivert changes to smoke and it becomes a lot less sweet. the cinnamon fades into the background and it's a mix of cloves and smoke. sniffing deep, I can see that it'd be a bit like nuts but I'm getting more smoke.

Overall, pretty nice! At this point, as I have 2 imps I don't think I'll get a bottle but I'll probably finish the imps. Thanks lab!

Warm spicey cinnamon fades into a soft, sweet earthiness that's a bit herbal and a touch nutty. It's almost too sweet at this point, a little rancid, but the rest of the dry down is soft and smokey. This is sexy but a little too "present" for me to consider using...uh... practically. It would make a great, slinky, mysterious room scent though.

Wet: I'm sitting at my desk chanting, "Don't go plastic! Don't go plastic!"

Onset of drydown: Bam! Burning sugar on the stovetop, morphs into burnt plastic. Sugar Skulls does the exact same thing with my chemistry. (Now sitting back and chanting, "Oh hell.")

Drydown: Back to burnt sugar, but with the added benefit of cinnamon.

On the bright side, my skin didn't smolder (which has happened once and only once in my trials of BPAL).

Verdict: Off to the swap with you, foul temptress! May you suit someone else better.

Ohhhhh YUM! :D This is almost 100% cinnamon and another spice I can't quite put my finger on...cardamon?? Not so sure. This is Christmas in a bottle, a very sexy and naughty Christmas in a bottle :P

Mmmm Yet another BPAL scent I'm madly in love with. I'm so so glad I have a 5ml of this! :D

ETA 8.6.2009: Just revisitng this one (it's been 4 years). I sold my bottle of this a few months after my original review and I totally regret it! :D I bet this would've smelled beautiful aged...and I even had this in one of the old, cobalt blue bottles. Oh well. Maybe I can find it from someone on the forums. This sure is beautiful though...all cinnamon (warm brown cinnamon, not "red hots") mixed with sandalwood. I just love this. Time to track down a bottle and keep it this time! :D

Edited by Monster