Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Mordath

PX79

No scent description given

Musk over cedar, with a hint of mint lurking in the background. This is almost a masculine Glowing Vulva, with incredible depth.

This smelled like unidentified florals and woods to me. Obviously I need to test it out a few more times and see if inspiration strikes!

This was mint over cedar like whoah on me. Just a drop was nearly overpoweringly strong. Fortunately, it dried down quickly to a musky cedar. There may be other things here, but my skin amps cedar, so that's just about all I get.

Oh man, I got a masculine green musk cologne on wet. As it dried, I definitely got hit with a slap of leather... like the leather in Hessian. In fact, this blend kinda reminds me to Hessian of the Hollow. As it dries a little, I get more of the cedar. But yeah, this is a masculine leather + musk + cedar.

total minty masculine cologne at forst. Which I love. The mint does not overpower. As it dries I get a woody vibe. But this is crisp and male and fresh and I could huff this alllll day!

While at the DD trunk show I was on the... sniff-out (? lol) for masculine scents for my husband since he sits in the corner (when he's not talking to Ted, Beth, or admiring little Lilith!) feeling left out when I'm finding all sorts of new smells for myself. This one was one that instantly called out to me as one he'd like. It's masculine, has the scent of the leather interior of a new sports car. There's a hint of non-sweet mint here also, not at all like the kind in Lick It or Tokyo Stomp. I also agree that cedar might be present.

a mishmash of scents i def do not dig...sorry :blush:

woody...something wormwoody....ew....

Sniffed: Yellow oil. Metal (chrome), cologne, and smoky incense. Rather masculine, and sort of deep but still fresh.

Wet: More incense and resins, something piney - balsam, and maybe some frankincense as well. Sweeter and spicier; warmer. Almost a hint of licorice or anise?

Dry: Eek, turning bitter on my skin, and some vetiver has emerged along with the amped frankincense. Spicier, drier, dustier. I'm reminded of smelling old spices that have lost their potency - 5-10 years old, that sort of powdery faintly spicy dryness. Peppery?

Summary: Spicy, dusty cedar. Almost a little salty. Low throw and fades greatly.

I had won this scent on ebay a while back and sniffed it without testing it then threw it in my drawer thinking that I would post it for swaps or sales down the road. So today was going to be the day for sales and I decided " What the heck" I would give it a try. OK, I am loving this :wub2: . I get a smooth, light mint and leather blend. I did not get any cedar or vetiver from this. Those are two notes that throw me in a tiz along with most sandalwood blends. I get the sweetest leather. It is so sexy, but a little manly. I love it though. It is mine, ALL mine and my boyfriend can not have it. I have been a devoted foodie for way too long. Bring on the leather :whip:

Edited by damonkitty

Hmm.. what a funny little blend this one is!

When wet, the mint is lovely and soft - I'd say it's spearmint, rather than peppermint or 'regular' mint. There's also something softly sweet behind there which has a wood feel to it.. I'm picking teakwood, because I can definitely see the comparison with Glowing Vulva. Actually, at this early stage I'm finding PX79 reminds me very much of Glowing Vulva but with a soft mint instead of the cream and lotus.

As it dries, the mint softens up more and fades nicely so that it's not strong at all. A musky/resinous thing starts to appear - frankincense, maybe? At this point, it's turning a little 'green' - fresh and foresty.

In the end, I'm left with a beautiful soft and icy spearmint with a slight sweetness. I do think there's a wood note in here, perhaps it's cedar rather than teak.. not sure. And the powdery softness is definitely something like frankincense or sandalwood or amber. I'm really not picking up any leather in here - it may be there, but it's not something that's jumping out at me so I probably wouldn't have considered it had I not read the other reviews. This is really quite lovely - quite feminine and very refreshing, one of those scents that stays close to the skin but it does have a decent throw.

On my skin at first, this is a cool, clean, generic men's cologne sort of smell. I get a little bit of powdery mint underneath a clean muskiness. As it dries down, the scent warms up and smells like dry, spicy wood and baby powder. I can't pick out the leather that others have mentioned, but this morphs into all baby powder all the time after about 15 minutes on my skin, which makes me wonder if there's some sort of amber or sandalwood in this...

a musky cedar cologne, VERY masculine, very strong. And a hint of something minty that comes out much more after a few minutes, creating a weird mix. A heady scent

Edited by Roogna

This starts off strong on the cedar, which is very pencil-like, eraser and all, with some musk, mint, and a bit of citrus and/or metal. Over time these notes are taken over by a sweet, syrupy leather note, which I really enjoy, and which reminds me of another leather scent (maybe De Sade Res?). But I am not sure I want to get through the pencil phase to get to the leather, so I'll be passing on my bottle. It was fun to try to pick out the notes, though. :) 

Mint chypre with a powdery base; I want to say it's probably black musk but it might also be black pepper, it has kind of a sneezy quality to it. I think there's vetiver in here too. The mint stays true through all its stages (I'm even picking up lime here and there), while all the stuff under it kind of swirls around, alternating between powdery, dusty musks and sharp pointy woods and balsam. It's kind of chaotic at first and I'm struggling to decide if I like that chaos, but eventually settles down. I get the impression of leather more than a specific note. It's probably in there. Black leather if so. The waft reminds me of a kind of long-forgotten men's cologne from the past. It has a bit of a powerhouse Brut aftershave vibe, or something you'd run across in an old-school barbershop. It's neat.

This is a funny little morpher, in the bottle it smells like pimento, then on the skin it starts with a high cedar and soft spearmint, which then starts to throw a lot of vetiver on me. It dries down to a teak like scent with a leather cologne background. The dry down is quite nice, more masculine than the initial application, taking on a creamier leather wood scent.