Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LunaLovegood

Lilith and the Jarocho

This scent is a swirl of everything I felt, sensed, smelled, and saw right then, at that perfect point in time: Jasmine, vanilla, Spanish cedar, moss, marigold, purple verbena, candied tamarind, lime rind, a splash of margaritas on a nearby table, a little bit of Dorian, a little bit of Snake Oil, and a bright bouquet of mal de ojo.

This is a really gorgeous, heady blend of the nicest jasmine I've yet to experience from the Lab, the lime that made me love Pirate Moon, a touch of vanilla, a touch of tea and a few other things I can't identify. It has a similar throw and feel to Snake Oil on me, while smelling completely different. I can see me using this throughout the summer months. Edited by Shollin

The label for this is just too cute <3 and the fragrance itself is beautiful & complex. I usually hate jasmine and have trouble wearing citrus scents, but Lilith & the Jarocho is surprisingly lovely on me.

At first, this is mostly salty lime margaritas and candied orange, with little hints of what smells like a tropical floral and vanilla. I usually amp up jasmine & am not a fan of it, so I'm glad that I can't really pick out the jasmine here. It's like a clean, sweet citrus and vanilla with some extra exotic notes giving it a lot of oomph. As it dries down, I smell something like incense and dried flowers (reminds me of Chrysanthemum Moon, actually) underneath the citrus and vanilla.

Salty, boozy lime margaritas, candied orange, sweet vanilla, and a touch of dry floral & incense. Verrry pretty and I can see myself wearing this quite a bit this summer. :smilenod:

Lilith and the Jarocho - Verbena and jasmine with a twist of lime. I smell little of the heavier, creamier notes I had expected, and only the light, bright citrus notes and jasmine, with a hint of vanilla in the background. In fact, the jasmine and vanilla together kind of remind me of Monster Bait: Bigger Critters. This scent is like a Verbena-Citrus Bigger Critters. It's a gorgeous, complex scent that is perfect for summertime.

This is quite the little morpher, even in the bottle, which has never happened in a blend before to me. Last night it was WHOA jasmine, and this morning it was the delicious lime margarita. Dry the same thing, I get the jasmine every once in awhile (not offensive at all, a very pretty subdued jasmine), and then I get the salty lime margarita. I enjoy the morphing, as I like both of the phases, and kind of fitting, as it actually reminds me of a baby's attention span. I'll definitely be reaching for this wonderful blend this summer. :wub2: If this is what downtown LA smells like, I want to go there!!

Ah hah, as I'm typing it has gone into a third phase, kind of powdery, which I'm enjoying as well.

Normally when I order a bottle unsniffed, I have a pretty good idea from the listed notes of what it will smell like on me. This went against the mould for me, because I couldn't imagine at all what this would smell like, but I decided to take a chance because the story was adorable.

Whew, it's a good thing I'm over that night not long ago where I had far too many tequilas and margaritas! This was straight up margarita and lime when wet on my skin, and pretty strong too. On the drydown, the margarita retreated a little while remaining the prominent note, with a mixture of the other notes lending a slightly floral background to the scent. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this, as I hate florals and aren't the biggest fan of boozy scents, but this was pleasantly surprising and certainly something I'll be wearing again.

No Snake Oil or Dorian in this test, but hopefully aging will bring them out a little, and I can't wait! :)

My first sniff out of the bottle is all jasmine. The next it is all margarita.

Wet on my skin the vanilla blooms with the jasmine and citrus from the margarita.

On dry down this is vanilla flowers with a margarita sitting in the way of a blowing fan. This is a scent I can see myself wearing all summer.

I almost didn't buy this because the dreaded jasmine is the first note listed, but ultimately I couldn't resist the story and Lilith's sweet baby face.

In the bottle: Lots of sweet jasmine and lime

Wet on skin: I love candied tamarind (for those who have never tried it, it's a sweet/sour/tart fruit) and I swear I can smell it here, just a tad. There's also a bit of margarita in the background and the jasmine is still present. (And not amping or going soapy. YAY!) The primary smell now is the lime, though.

Dry on skin: As the blend dries, the Dorian comes out and the margarita amps--a Dorian margarita! :woohoo:

Later, the moss and other florals take a turn before the blend ends up as a sweetened Dorian.

This is absolutely unique, evocative and slatherworthy. :wub2:

I was convinced I would love this, but I don't (to the point I ordered...ahem 3... :blush: )

Straight off I get lime, and a musty-ish kind of Gerbera smell (the daisy-ish flower not the small rodent lol), then I get more of the tequila showing, a hint of snake oil pokes out but not enough. It has abad kind of smell to me, like Youth Dew or something old fashioned of the kind I don't like. I LIKE old-lady violets and roses so I'm not anti classic-ish smell per se. I just don't really like this. If it had more, yes MORE jasmine...I might like it more. I just get the feeling people might smell me wearing this and think I stink.

I know...it's a bit like an old old powder compact left in the pocket of an ancient coat with a perfume smothered hankerchief.

I hate to write bad things about perfumes, but this is bad on me. I would think it probably smells fab on someone else.

Yay! This one makes me happy. It smells like flowers, a hint of booze, and lots of Dorian. I don't really detect any Snake Oil, but my skin doesn't tend to amp SO much anyway. Overall, it's a very nice smell, with a sweet story behind it. :D

This was a skin chemistry disaster.

Wrigley's Spearmint gum...jasmine...and after a few minutes salt. Which then dried down to a horridly overwhelming jasmine that had such a strong throw it required me to wash my arm.

And it sounded so good...

This one is bright and citrusy on wet - I definitely smell the lime margaritas and the verbena. Afterwards, jasmine makes an appearance. And on the bottom, I can definitely smell the vanilla. It's mostly jasmine + vanilla on me, with a hint of something else.

Too bad I amp up jasmine like no one's business.

Bottle: lemon and Jasmine….and hints of a really well mixed margarita. This is a clear summer day on the patio.

Wet On Me: Lemon…but not medicinal lemon, Jasmine still, hints of lime and I think the sweet is the candied tamarind.

Drying Down: the lemon pipes down now and the jasmine gets tempered by the marigold. Something sweet is really trying to say hello here.

Dry: hmmm getting the smell of clean fresh baby here. Lilith seems to like making her presence known…even in her namesake perfumes. This is just a nice soft, warm summer blend that just makes you feel happy for smelling it.

Aww, this is so light on me! I just wish it stuck around, because it's such a fun, joyful scent in the bottle and in the drydown.

At first, it smells a little bit like tobacco, strangely, and lemons and limes. On me, the tobacco goes away and it's a very tart but very light lemon, skimming over a woodsy, almost spicy sort of base. Wow, I definitely do get the impression of "margaritas at a Mexican restaurant" out of this, right down to the wooden table that you'd be sitting at! And a little bit of flowery something in the background, probably the jasmine. It is rather light and fugitive, though...as all joyful moments are, I guess. (Look at me getting all symbolic.) It might be a scent locket for this one...keep it smelling good for longer? We'll see.

Candied Dorian with jasmine and margaritas! It's sweet and salty at the same time, innocent and sultry.

It's a citrus floral with hints of warmth from what I'm guessing is the Snake Oil, the vanilla, and the tea note in Dorian-- none of those are actually apparent on the surface, they just seem to anchor the blend. For example, Green Phoenix smelled like margarita to me, but it was too flighty, too thin, while this is great. It's very... colorful.

Lilith and the Jarocho is isolated, coastal Mexico. A specific afternoon there, last December, actually. When I was wearing Peitho (which is all jasmine on me), drinking a really salty margarita, and beach combing. Wow.

This started lime-ish on me, very citrus, with something thick in the background. Because I do not check ingredients before testing, I have no preconceived notions. So when it turned to lime and morning breath, I was pretty bummed.

DAMN YOU, DORIAN!

Jasmine is my nemesis, so I `ve tried this blend only thanks to Dpoulsen generosity. She made a wise thing because it`s a gorgeous mix of lemon, real salted margarita, an amazing jasmine touch and just a hint of sweetness that contasts with the salty note. I already reapplied 4 times today and a bottle will follow. I can`t believe I can use a oil with jasmine in it and enjoy it so much. Yay to Lilith and Jarocho!!

I agree with some previous posters...I usually have a hard time with florals,jasmine in particular. BUT,this is spectacular on me!!! I am getting all Dorian and Snake Oil,with some floral in the background. On me,this is a more floral,less lavendar-y,less heady version of Lilith Victoria (which is one of my fave BPALs of all time..I have a huge hoard of LVs!)

I LOVE this!!!!!! It is allll win on me!

I missed it when it was up on the forum as I was taking a little shiopping hiatus,but I was so lucky to get a full bottle from a BPal :wub2:

Lilith and the Jarocho

When wet, this oil is lime and margarita on my skin. As it dries, the jasmine comes out and turns the perfume into powder. It's been two hours since application and my wrists smell of baby powder with a hint of salty lime.

Stupid lemon/lime.

I wanted to love this, but it is all citrus on me. I get no moss, no cedar, no vanilla, no snake oil. Just lemon and lime and maybe a hint of something herbal making this smell even more like cleanser. I let it dry for a while in the hopes that it would morph, but it stays very lemony on me even on the dry down. I eventually got frustrated and pulled out my imp of snake oil and slathered it OVER this blend, which did help a little. Really what I am missing is the vanilla. I'd love to layer this with Antique Lace, but I am conserving that.

I'm going to give it a little time to settle and I'll try again. But the first impression is not favorable. :(

I like the dash of lime mingling with the vanilla and candied tamarind in this blend, which is a perfect summer citrus for people who don't do stereotypical summery scents, but unfortunately it's battling with one of the florals that's taking on a cat pee undertone on my skin. :blush: I can't figure out what it is that does this--it's not jasmine or verbena for sure, maybe it's the marigold? The same thing happened to me with New Orleans. What a shame, because it really is a beautiful blend with a beautiful story behind it.

This is a really hard scent to describe on me. The only note that I can really detect is the Jasmine, and a spicy Jasmine it is! It's warm and sweet and has hints of citrus in it.

A very playful, warm and fruity scent. I really like it.

Lilith and the Jarocho

In the imp: jasmine and verbena, with a bit of lime.

Wet on skin: very citrus-with the lime and verbena dominating.

Dry on skin: oh, the lime is stunning in here! It’s not often that this note dominates but when it does, it is fantastic-sparkling, bright and lively. The verbena with its lemony scent definitely boosts it, but it’s undeniably lime. I also smell a hint of salty clear booze, the margarita note. Maybe a hint of tamarind? The jasmine is there but it’s not too loud, and for now, not turning bad. I think I smell cedar and moss? The scent is both zingy and yet also sultry, like a summer’s evening.

After a while: not sure if I like this as much now? The lime has faded and the scent has lost its zing a little. I think I can smell the jasmine starting to turn. I also smell a kind of juniper-y note, a bit like the kind of clear booze that tends to take over on my skin? Some other florals I can’t identify. I can’t detect any of the sweeter notes-the vanilla, the Snake Oil, the Dorian. Just a slightly bitter verbena and jasmine with juniper. Having said that, it’s not unpleasant, and still has potential.

But sadly this seems to turn into a wilted jasmine and juniper type scent that I am not crazy about, plus that odd oily-soapy drydown I get from verbena.

Verdict: this had a lot of death notes in it but I got it hoping the Snake Oil, Dorian, and more pleasant notes would show up, because I adore the sentiment behind this scent. As a child, music always fascinated me and, at least according to my mum, sometimes moved me to tears, and I’ve never grown out of this. So a scent related to a child’s love of music and her mother’s joy in seeing this love of music really got to me. But sadly, the jasmine, verbena and margarita notes mean that this scent doesn’t work on me, despite a dazzling lime stage at the beginning. So, not for me.

Emoticon rating: :(

Is it a keeper? Not really.

If you like this, try: Phantasm, Perfumed Garden, BiggerCritters, Gold Phoenix

So, I was a little apprehensive to try this one, but I really loved the description and decided to give it a shot.

Normally I am not a fan of citrus at all, but after it's initially debut, the lime lightens up A LOT and lets the jasmine really sing. While I am also, normally, VERY particular about the few florals I will tolerate, the way the jasmine mixes with the other notes makes it very apparent but not cloying. I put this on close to bed time (I do this with some scents I am "iffy" about so I don't have to deal with them all day long if they don't work out) and in the morning the scent was much fainter- naturally- but had taken on a sort of creamy vanilla-ish floral sort of scent that was really quite pleasant. I have now procured 2 bottles of this, which I am feeling kind of silly about since I'm not *THAT* in love with it (although it has pleasantly surprised me!), but I could definitely see myself wearing it in the warmer months when the muskier scents I like would be too heavy. Although< i don't see myself getting that much into citrus or fruity scents in the future- I think of this as more of a happy accident! :)

Oh Lilith, you are the ultimate in cuteness! and while this is not something I would have normally bought, I was just so touched by the story that I went ahead and ordered it anyway. When I first got it last year it totally smelled like margaritas and Dorian. There was a little jasmine also. I havent worn it in a long time so I will come back and edit this when I put it on again. Thank you Beth for sharing your precious moments of motherhood with us all :evol:

in the bottle: citrus and florals

wet on skin: strong fresh florals... a bit of lime underneath

dry on skin: pure dominant florals... no more citrus :(