Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Unreleased prototype, no scent description given.

After reading up on Antimony and its uses, I'm surprised that to me it smells a lot like sandalwood! There is a teeny bit of herbalness underneath that reminds me of camphor.

In the bottle this has an almost bitter fishy smell to it, but once it hits my skin it smells nothing like fish. This one is elusive but it's a lighter blend, and it has a soft fuzzy quality to it that reminds me of the type of brown musk in blends like Hunter Moon and Buck Moon. I also get a lot of sandalwood and a trace of coconut. In the background there's a sort of herbal medicinal quality that's quite nice. I'm so glad I tested this instead of being put off by how it smelled in the bottle.

771445879_iat4L-Ti.jpg

Thanks to Miss_Twilight, I have a bottle of this glorious scent of my own, and it was pure happenstance...the one I'd asked for had sold out before my turn came, so she offered a choice of her 'extra' bottles to me, and Antimony seemed to jump out from the text. Thank goodness, otherwise I might have missed out on one of the most wonderful sandalwood blends I've ever smelled. No, really -- the most wonderful! I got no fish, no camphor...just wonderful, wonderful sandalwood. The sandalwood that was prized by royalty back in the day; the sandalwood which gently scents fans, boxes, buttons, beads - you name it. The sandalwood which incense only wishes it smelled like. That is in this bottle, in liquid gold. :thud:

ETA: This was substituted 6/7/09 because I didn't like the day's selection (Litha 09), and actually, this seems to a daytime version of Schwarzer Mond 06...lighter, a bit more incense-y, but with some patchouli rocking along!

Edited by stellans

This on me is a rich, warm sandalwood blend. I get, especially on wet, the hints of camphor that others have noted. However, on the drydown, the coconut definitely starts to emerge. It's more like the husk of the coconut, the blend is also slightly musky. It might also have a hint of patchouli. It puts me in mind of Goblin, the GC blend.

Medicinal at first....then sweet with a hint of tang then sweet and incensy...vanilla sandalwood? Quite pleasant and not intrusive.

Sniffed: Rich yellow oil. Cologne, metal, and incense. A bit floral in a cologne-y way.

Wet: Softer, less sharply cologney, but still fresh, clean and yet...hazy incense-y. A little sweeter - definitely some frankincense, and I think maybe some copal? I get that sort of ashy-piney scent.

Dry: Sweet, slightly spicy incense - now it reminds me of high-quality wooden-boxed incense. I get a dry woody note, I think rosewood?

This is a nice sandalwood that starts with a brimstone-y note that burns away into just sandalwood, mostly. This is a darker, heavier scent. I'm not sure it's working for me.

Antimony v9 - I don't smell camphor or fish or anything along those lines. From wet to dry, this is prominently sandalwood -- an absolutely gorgeous sandalwood scent. :wub2: I do detect the slightest hint of coconut husk once it starts to dry on my skin, but none of the other notes that reviewers have mentioned. This is a really lovely sandalwood oil.

At first sniff, this is a very bright, fruity floral – I smell a mix of flowers and grapes. Sandalwood too. I would characterize this as mainly a fruity scent. It’s lovely but not my type of scent, though I am glad I got to try this.

(this is really weird - the imp I smelled smells nothing like what the other reviewers got. hmmm- maybe it was mislabeled or I got the name confused....? I don't know....)

Warm, woody and fresh sandalwood with a drop of patchouli. It's pretty but if I want to wear sandalwood I already own an essential oil that smells a lot sweeter.

I get the creamy, delicately woody, slightly incensey sandalwood note that others have mentioned. It's pretty and calming, and isn't going as powdery on me as bpal's sandalwood notes often do. It smells very delicate and light on me. This only lasts about an hour on my skin and doesn't have much throw at all, but it's a very soothing, calm scent.

In bottle: sweet incensey blend--sandalwood (as per others' reviews) sound about right. Woodsy, resinous, and masculine-leaning, with a pleasant creaminess.

Wet on skin: I was a bit surprised to find it was a little cool on my skin when applied, but then I don't get any mintiness on this so it's probably nothing. Creamy and resinous, and a muskiness starts to emerge on my skin. This blend is a bit on the "dark" side, but not dark enough that I couldn't conceivably wear it (since I prefer lighter blends). I don't know if I get coconut--coconut has never worked for me so far--but there IS a pleasant, "light" sweetness to this.

Dry: doesn't change from the wet phase for me, although as time goes on the sweetness does die down some more. This is a musky, creamy sandalwood, definitely masculine, super sensuous and sexy, with that creaminess that makes it almost lickable. Yum, I wouldn't mind smelling this on a guy ;) Not at all.

Verdict: I'm torn! This isn't a blend I would wear, but I'm tempted to hold on to it because of the yumminess. Absolutely sensuous.

In the bottle this has an almost bitter fishy smell to it <snip>

haha.. when I first read this, I thought "oh you crazy Pisces person" but then I opened up my bottle and yep - it smells like fish! :D

But as Alicia and others have noted, the fish-y thing goes away. There is definitely a herbal/medicinal undertone to this blend at first, and I almost decided that I didn't like it at all.. but then I left it alone for half an hour or so, and came back to it.. to discover a beautiful waxy-soft coconut with gorgeous dusky sandalwood over the top. I think there's some kind of resin in here, something golden maybe - copal? I don't know what it might be, but there's something a little more complex in here than just sandalwood. Although ultimately this prototype reminds me of the smell I get when I open up my little wooden box of sandalwood incense cones - it's that same dusty dry cloud of sandalwood-y goodness.

This is a warm, subtle blend that would be easy to wear any time really.. because it kind of doesn't smell like perfume. It just smells.. nice :smile:

Wow. I got a bottle of this from Etsy, and tried it (a few months ago), and dismissed it as "blergh. really Boy." and put it up in the Sell Maybe shelf. I took it down last night, and went straight to Etsy to look for more (wha? I thought I had a New No Back Ups Rule?)

This is awesome stuff, deep rich sandalwood, without too much pulpy stuff, just lightly sweet incense with a rich background. Very unisex, but I don't know if my husband is getting full use of it.

I slept in this last night and found it wonderfully calming.

No powder, and the feeling is light, but it's not super light, and definitely long lasting.

:wub2:

Edited by stellamaris