Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

No scent description.

This is a very light metal and ozone blend. It's cool and gleaming, with perhaps a tiny hint of grease, but if so, then it's the cleanest grease I've ever smelled. There's just something about it that reminds me of a feminine version of Mechanical Phoenix with a hint of a sweet airy floral. In terms of the general scent family and vibe, Construct could be loosely grouped with Mechanical Phoenix as well as the likes of Kataniya, Torture Queen, and Door 13.

This is a light metallic chrome blend. I would group it with Iron Phoenix, Mechanical Phoenix, Torture Queen, etc.

In the bottle this is ozone...and maybe a dab of white musk.Upon application, this is a heavy ozone blend.Very clean.It also has a very light metallic edge...it reminds if iron phoenix was a female blend...lighter and cleaner...the metal is there but is is polished...gleaming and refined....yes this is a pure ozone and bright metallic blend.

In the bottle: it smells very green and maybe a little metallic.

Wet and Dry: The notes are really hard to pick out in this blend. It's not a heavy metallic scent. It smells sort of green and almost herbal? I'd swear there's clary sage and probably a mint here. There is some sharpness to it, but it's not overpowering.

This actually smells like an aromatherapy blend I used get (I can't remember where from, it was like 10 years ago) ONLY THIS SMELLS SO MUCH BETTER!

no really, this smells so fantastic. I wish this was a linen spray. I mean, it's great as perfume, but this is the sort of scent I'd want my whole apartment to smell like in the spring/summer.

Construct has the same clear, resonant metallic note as Android and Torture Queen. It's the clear crispness of the metal in Android, but it's closer to the metallic note found in Torture Queen. I think this has both a hint of clary sage and gardenia, as it's got a slight creamy quality that is the same as aged TQ.

Mmm. I love it, but then again, I very much enjoy clear metallic blends.

Sniffed: Slightly soapy, metallic (chrome, a la Torture Queen) aquatic. A little cologney-masculine - overall it reminds me a fair bit of TQ. I'd guess there is some white amber & bright musk in this, for sure.

Wet: A little sharper, more piercingly metallic. I get the 'iron' note (which to me, smells a little like nutmeg) that I get in Iron Phoenix & Splatter Comedy, though it's not as strong as the chrome note. There's a bit of sweetness that I can't place, possibly from the musk?

Dry: It sort of reminds me a little of Hunger Moon, so I agree with the clary sage assessment. It has a slightly herbal feel. There is also a creaminess, as others noted, that suggests some sort of white floral - probably it is the same gardenia as in TQ, as this is quite similar to that blend overall, certainly more so than to anything else.

Later: I get a lot of motor oil/grease, and the more floral drydown reminds me now of Mechanical Phoenix, though this is far more forceful. The metal is also just OFF THE HOOK - this is by far the most metallic blend I've tested. The chrome and iron notes are now so strong on me they evoke shiny, razor-sharp blades.

Summary: Chrome, iron and motor oil/grease galore, over a pleasantly fresh & cologney blend of white gardenia, white amber, sweet musk and herbal clary sage. Invigorating, gleaming, and cutting, I find this a little masculine, but still wearable with my feminine skin chemistry. Fantastic throw & longevity.

Wear this when you want to make people bleed without getting dirty. Looking & smelling polished - you'll have no hair out of place or errant drops of blood to fear with Construct in the house. Needless to say, I fucking love this.

Edited by fairnymph

MALE!

METAL! \m/\m/

OZONE!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! MIne mine mine!

Must.Have!

Beth you scored BIG time with this one. I'm currently having massive nosegasms! Geds this reminds me of an old but good boyfriend from long ago....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this one! This is a holy grail to me. I LOVE THIS! All ozone and metal and MALE! huff huff whiff whiff SWOOOOON!

:bow:

Wet: Ozone and metallic, with just the barest whiff of menthol.

Drydown: This softens really fast, and the menthol goes back to wherever menthol goes in it's off hours. Why am I getting an impression of thunderstorms and...yes, crackling telephone lines?! I don't usually catch impressions, but Construct definitely evokes that :D

straight sniff from imp is strong d00dish....

ozone and soap....then a touch of sharp citrus before turning back to the ozone...

would be cool for the guy in your life....

Bah. Ozone/aquatics = soap on me. And this is ozone to the shiz.

The problem is that ozone is a common scent used in laundry and bath products in Australia, not sure about everywhere else. And so is the "beach smell" ie aquatics. And being someone who lives by the beach and knows the difference between these two scents very well means that anything with aquatics or ozone means soap and detergent on me.

Reminds me of Thunder Moon.

If you like ozone, go for it. VERY good ozone.

Construct v3 - Fresh, crisp, and clean ozone & metal. This is a really amazing clean scent that is gorgeously gender-neutral. I wish my husband wasn't allergic to bpal because I think this one would be truly amazing on him. It's really wonderful. The scent is quite strong, too.

This is definitely a very ozone-y blend. Unfortunately, ozone smells soapy and dry on me (dryer sheets = bleh). This starts off like dryer sheets with something cool and creamy underneath it (white musk, maybe?), but the drydown is all laundry soap on me.

This is a very light in tone, fresh, clean type scent. Rather high pitched – this could have a white tea, ozone, linen…it is in the vein of Embalming Fluid and some of the other very clean, light fresh scents. I don’t wear this sort of scent so I can’t tell one note from another here, just that it’s that sort of scent.

To me this has a lemon-y, green, slightly creamy scent that is just beautiful. It's so wearable and delightful. It immediately reminds me of something else, but of course I can't put my finger on it. It's one of the more "commercial" fragrances that BPAL makes, a kind of 'everyday' scent for work, interviews, or visiting churches on vacation to the Continent. :)