Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Unreleased scent , no description given

In the bottle it is marshmallow sugar.Upon application it retains its sweetness...I get powder sugar, marshmallow fluff and funnel cake on my skin.It is just a sugar rush in a bottle. There is something now that I did not get prior...it like the sugar top of the creme brulee...like a crunchy toasted sugar and the most slight note of a sweet very far away incense...like the treats were served in a shop down the street from a hookah bar...so subtle but there.This scent is just wonderful and I am lucky to have it :wub2:

Edited by nursekins

I get a jolt of butterscotch numminess from the bottle. On my skin it invokes the scent of cotton candy, candy-dipped marshmallows (if there were such a thing), and those long spiral multi-colored lollipops you can buy at the fair. The butterscotch has since faded.

When I first skin tested this one I was getting fried twinkies, butterscotch, and smoke - but today it's much more like a candy shop put into a bottle. It reminds me of that mini candy store at Disneyland - you know, the one with all those lollipops that takes hours and hours, possibly days, to eat? As it dries more and develops there is a hint of sweet smoke (not from cigarettes or the like, incense maybe) that I think I detected the first time I tested it. Not at all obnoxious, it gives the blend character.

I think those that like Velvet Unicorn, Velvet Clown, and Midway would find this blend lovely :wub2:

This smells like straight up vanilla cake to me.

Edit: 6/15

After wearing Madame Lupin by Arcana today, I am thinking that CD023 smells a LOT like her...

Edited by TwilightEyes

Sniffing the bottle, it's a vanilla buttercream scent.

Applied to my skin, it's vanilla cupcake while wet, but as it dries, there's another note that emerges that smells something like earth or maybe dust. Whatever that note is, it keeps the scent balanced on my skin. This also lasts for hours with fairly good throw, but nothing that knocks people down either.

I'm hoping one of the new upcoming CD blends is close to this one because I do love it and would like more bottles of it. :)

Edited by angelicruin

In the bottle this was vanilla and on my skin vanilla butter plastic playdoh.

This one reminds me strongly of Marshmallow Poof --- although it has more butter and more vanilla in it. Unfortunately, again, this vanilla turns to plastic, except it's almost Play-Doh like on me. Fortunately it fades fast on my skin chemistry. Ah well.

CD023 - I didn't think I'd like this one when I read reviews that used words like "butterscotch" and "toasted sugar", etc. However, I absolutely adore it, and I don't normally like the foody blends, and blends with too much sugar usually turn to "burnt plastic" on my skin. This one, however, is wonderful! It's sweet and yummy, without being heavy or fake-smelling. I think it has the same sugar that's been used in some of the recent "Lick It" Yule blends. If there's vanilla in it, it's not a heavy, boozy vanilla, but a lighter vanilla. There may be a hint of white or yellow cake in this blend, too. It's impossible for me to describe it accurately, but suffice it to say that if it were ever released, I'd buy a bunch of it!

I sniffed this in the imp and went, "Butter, ick."

But I tried it and went, "OMG, LOVE!"

The butter dissipated within seconds and then I got yellow cake and vanilla and a touch, just the tiniest touch of lemon. I am not much of a foody girl, but I LOVE this. It's a tea and crumpet scent. It's the perfect scent for an afternoon graduation, which, interestingly enough, I'm attending today.

I just put this on to try it, thinking I'd dislike it. Now I don't want to take a shower and waste its rare gorgeousness.

I have Lamia on the other wrist and, weird as it may sound, they are simply lovely in tandem. (The Lamia has been on my wrist for a little longer, though, so it's mellowed a bit.)

ETA: This just BLOOMS on my skin. The throw gets stronger, not weaker, and wear length is great.

Edited by tarotgirl

cake. It smells like yellow cake batter in the decant. THen I put it on and it morphed to Funnel cake with wood undertones.

Funnel Cake on a Stick. And alas...the sugar in it is just sending me off. :(

I agree with Tarotgirl in that it smells sort of strange in the bottle. Almost like butter that's started to go bad. BUT, once I gave it a few moments to chill out on my skin, it morphs into buttercreamy, cakey goodness. :wub: It does seem to have a teeny touch of something incensey, but it just adds to the awesomness of this blend.

This scent has great throw, but because it's such a creamy scent, it doesn't bowl you over. And it lasts a loooooong time. I put it on this morning, and I can still catch wiffs of it here an there, almost 10 hours later.

straight sniff from imp is thick, yellow, soft butter....

once applied ...play-dough city :blush: :(

giving it 15-20 minnows, i get a definite cake batter type blend...

not much throw but this has some potential!!

Lightly bakery-ish in the imp, with an almost sour note to it. Then, on me, nothing. Seriously, like I had applied nothing to my arm. Apparently this blend is too restrained for me! :D

My bf came with me to Clearing out the Cobwebs knowing I liked honey. Once the crowd cleared around the more cryptically named prototypes he picked up CD023 and went, "Sam, smell it.. it smells like honey. You like honey!" I sniffed it and it did smell like honey, really light delicate honey... though my nose was a little disoriented from everything else. I kind of regret not giving it at least a skin test, but the code named prototypes just seemed too confusing to me, haha.

On the paper my notes were, "light, honey, foody, delicate". Whereas Beaver Moon is sweet in a more garish way, this was sweet and foody in a lighter way.

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Cake! Rich and creamy vanilla-frosted yellow cake, with a plasticky note underneath. Not that sweet, though.

Wet: Much less foody-delicious on my skin, and more plastic-artificial. Eek, this is going to rancid peanut.

Dry: Slightly rancid-nutty powdery plastic. Uncooked oatmeal. Fades fast and never has that much throw to begin with.

:(

On my skin, this is Tiresias Lite. All the foody of Tiresias, but with much less tobacco. The tobacco is still there, mind you, but in the background instead of being an integral part of the scent. And I don't detect the patchouli at all, unless it is what is giving this scent its depth.

Gorgeous scent. :)

This smells very freaky in the bottle to me, too, but intriguing. Within a few seconds of putting it on, it bloomed into this delicious yellow cake batter scent. As it dried, it kept the yellow cake smell, but went from batter to cooked cake. Forget Lucky Charms, this is magically delicious.

In the imp: vanilla buttercream goodness! Wow!

On the skin: Whoa! This is the first vanilla that I have encountered that has turned to plastic on me. It now smells like buttery vanillaish plastic. Strong on the plastic. Ick.

This one is one of those where on your skin, you're like....yuck, but the throw is AMAZING.

In the decant, it's pretty sugary sweet.

Wet, sugar, sugar, and more sugar

Drydown, EWWWWW.............a glue note. Ok, i'll give it a little time, maybe the glue note will go away. And i'm cleaning up in the kitchen, and suddenly i'm sniffing the air and going.......WHAT IS THAT AMAZING SMELL!!! And I smiffed my hand, glue, sniffed the air........ it smells like i'm in a candy shop at the circus!

WTF!!! Ugh. Uncertain whether or not I will keep this one....... it's a conundrum!!

This one really reminds me of a lighter version of Midway. There's not much more I can say -- it didn't morph much on skin, it just stayed smelling like Midway without being as 'gooey' as Midway was. There's some funnel cake and sugar hanging out there, and yes, I think I get the marshmallow note other people mentioned.

If you don't like sweet or foody, avoid this one -- but if you liked Midway or Marshmallow Poof, this is IMO the best of both worlds!

Verdict -- I really like this one. I'd love a full decant (thank you to the lovely forumite who sent me a tester!). However, I've got Midway, which I love, so I am not going to lose my head trying to find more. It is very nice though!

:confused:

All of the reviews I've read have been like: CAKE, cotton candy, marshmallows, buttercream, butterscotch, funnel cake, etc. Everything a foodie lover would dream about. Alas. I sniff the bottle. What IS that? Cedar. I put it on. Cedar. After a few hours, the cedar fades a bit, but it's SO STRONG. It's like Madame Lapin went a little crazy with some dessert. My chemistry amps cedar to the point of headache and nausea. So sad.

CD023

In the Bottle: Ha. Weird, my nose makes me think 'chemical.' Boozy chemical. Sweet, boozy chemical.

Wet: Super rich butterscotch, so rich, it definitely comes across as boozy. But unmistakably sweet and sugary at the same time.

Drydown: That strong 'chemical' aspect is definitely gone and am left with a stunningly smooth and creamy, sweet butterscotch. :yum:

Verdict: Total heartbreaker. It smells wonderful on me. It really does. Or at least, I happen to love the way it smells. Well, when I can actually smell anything. My stupid skin chemistry just swallows this up so quickly that it's way too subtle. I just can't justify hanging onto such a beautiful blend when it evaporates to nothingness on me. :cry2: This has found a new home.

Edited by devilot

I thought that I'd love this prototype, but it goes all wrong on me. It starts off cloying, almost like vanilla cake batter and buttercream frosting scented candle. As it dries down, it smells like vanilla buttercream candle and melting plastic. It's way too sweet on me, and has this warm, odd, chemical smell that's not too pleasant. This fades really fast on me too. After about 20 minutes there's just a faint, sugary vanilla smell left on my skin.